Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

2 minutes ago, PhillippaT said:

Premiership? PREMIERSHIP? Errr - did he forget he wasn't commentating for the Tigers? :P

To be fair to that squealing Geoff Peters kid who was commentating at Wembley in 1994, it was called 'The Premiership' then.

"Formed in February 20, 1992, the English Premier League was created by clubs in the Football League First Division. From 1993 to 2001, the league was called as the FA Carling Premiership. Barclaycard took over in 2001 and became known as the Barclays Premier League."

PS. None taken, Phillippa lol

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

I was almost crying doing the Radio Leicester interviews afterwards, only twenty years old, couldn't handle it!!

By the way, nothing wrong with the crying kid who cared.

You did it in the golden era, Geoff, we relied on you.

We all stream nowadays. 

I hear people bitch about the current setup, but every game is on TV.

2 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

By the way, nothing wrong with the crying kid who cared.

You did it in the golden era, Geoff, we relied on you.

We all stream nowadays. 

I hear people bitch about the current setup, but every game is on TV.

Not sure that many would've listened live to the radio back then.

30-40k fans at Wembley and game televised on ITV.

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Not sure that many would've listened live to the radio back then.

30-40k fans at Wembley and game televised on ITV.

That game, you're right, but those days, we relied on Radio Leicester and it would've been the go to for reaction, pre-internet era.

Things have changed massively, but you underestimate what a big part of our lives you were back then :thumbup:

Just now, tom27111 said:

That game, you're right, but those days, we relied on Radio Leicester and it would've been the go to for reaction, pre-internet era.

Things have changed massively, but you underestimate what a big part of our lives you were back then :thumbup:

Yeah maybe for normal games, those not on the box, it's a different beast right now for sure.

Got loads of happy memories of the Radio Leicester years, didn't have a clue what I was doing, was only a kid, somehow blagged it... and happily still blagging it now!

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

To be fair to that squealing Geoff Peters kid who was commentating at Wembley in 1994, it was called 'The Premiership' then.

"Formed in February 20, 1992, the English Premier League was created by clubs in the Football League First Division. From 1993 to 2001, the league was called as the FA Carling Premiership. Barclaycard took over in 2001 and became known as the Barclays Premier League."

PS. None taken, Phillippa lol

Doh - course it was - my bad! :( 

• Like 1

Just now, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Yeah maybe for normal games, those not on the box, it's a different beast right now for sure.

Got loads of happy memories of the Radio Leicester years, didn't have a clue what I was doing, was only a kid, somehow blagged it... and happily still blagging it now!

Those play-off semi away legs were epic on Radio Leicester. Although I was a season ticket holder, I don't think I got to an away semi. 

Actually, I was at the Cambridge one.

The Portsmouth one was especially epic, as was the Stoke one, all listened to on 104.9fm lol

You were living all our dreams mate.

13 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

Who remembers that Steve Thompson goal vs Swindon?

Roller Coaster GIFs | Tenor

That game and par for the course of a Leicester City Fan

Or put another way

The Smart money and the emotional roller coaster

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
10 minutes ago, los dedos said:

Screenshot_20210818-081943_Chrome.jpg

6 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

But in all seriousness I would have loved her to have seen that video and perhaps understand the man hours and time one takes to make. She may then perhaps have thought differently about ripping holes in it.

Kathleen Sercombe 1947-2021.

She died on 9th July. 

One Dramatic Night At Filbert Street vs. Arsenal

Few Premier League games have provided as much drama and entertainment as Leicester City's 3-3 draw with Arsenal on 27 August, 1997.

https://www.lcfc.com/news/1647021/one-dramatic-night-at-filbert-street-vs-arsenal/featured

Includes video.

• 3 weeks later...