Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

On This Day Thread - On Going

59 minutes ago, boots60 said:

Brilliant. That day I honestly believed we would climb the premier league in our first season back. I was wrong. I was a year out.

I know we have had many fantastic games since then but at the time (and possibly still now), that was one of the greatest matches I have ever witnessed at the KP.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Corky said:

The noise when Cambiasso scored was something else. Incredible moment.

I watched that in the company of a Man U supporter. It enhanced the experience lol   The contributions from Vardy were immense;  such speed, aggression and determination. :scarf: 

• 1 month later...

Leicester City

@LCFC

#OnThisDay in 1884 Leicester Fosse contested their first-ever competitive fixture

It's been some journey since.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Six years ago today, I had a bad angina attack watching the city, but still consider It to be one of my all-time favourite away games and I’ve been to hundreds. 

Spurs at WHL, a favourite ground of mine. Huth’s header, what a night. But I suddenly went down with a minute or two to go clutching my chest. The stress of those last few minutes did for me. My mates were concerned, but I said I was still conscious, just carrying on cheering the lads on, I’ll sort myself out! I got back to my feet after a couple of minutes. Of course, I had left my GTN spray at home!

That night was also a week or so from the 50th anniversary of my first ever away game at Villa Park in the FA Cup in January 1966.

Personally thought that Spurs game was so pivotal that year. Kasper’s save from Kane onto the post and a real backs to the wall performance. Also, with 10 minutes to go, we were four points adrift of Arsenal in the “As It Stands” table. But Huth’s goal plus Allen’s last minute equaliser for Liverpool against Arsenal meant we finished the night level on points. Great night and journey home. 

Some people say it was the Man City game a month later that they suddenly felt we could it. Think Wes Morgan has said as much. For me it was definitely the Spurs game. 

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...

8 years ago today we won at Bournemouth, courtesy of Philip’s goal - very important victory against a team competing with us for promotion ….

I know this because it’s 8 years to the day that I took my girls to see Taylor swift at the O2 and I was listening to the commentary driving down the M11….it’s amazing how many memories of events are linked to the game we played on that day! 

Edited by st albans fox
  • Like 2