Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle (EFL Cup) - Match Thread (28/08/2019)

10 minutes ago, Manini said:

No I think the issue is just how ****ing DESPERATE some people are to just slate everything we do. It’s exhausting have to read through it all. 

It's like our fans WANT us to fail. It baffles me. 

3 minutes ago, smr said:

can't see why people are moaning.

got a point against a very strong wolves team. 

should have won against chelsea, a lot of chances. especially the madders 5 yards out where he just needed to get over the ball and smack it with his laces keeping it down a bit. harder to miss that chance!

won against a stubborn looking sheffield united team with their tails up and a spring in their step from recent promotion. 

could very easily be 7 points from 3 games. Second half tremendous against chelsea.

don't you dare come round here with your bloody positivity!

Plays a strong 11: "Ridiculous. Need to give our depth players a run. Crazy to play our first team this early in a tinpot cup"
Plays a weaker 11: "Ridiculous. I'm sick of not taking cups seriously. We have a good chance of winning this illustrious and respected competition"

• Haha 1

Just now, TazzerFox said:

Obviously can't watch but it sounds like Ayoze is being bullied off the ball too easily again. Frustrating how lightweight he seems to be on the ball.

Did anyone actually rate him at Newcastle? He just seemed an ok player

Just now, TazzerFox said:

Obviously can't watch but it sounds like Ayoze is being bullied off the ball too easily again. Frustrating how lightweight he seems to be on the ball.

The odd live clip on Sky Sports News seems to show he's doing well outside the box but doing fvck all in it.

Just now, Mark said:

Did anyone actually rate him at Newcastle? He just seemed an ok player

Top goal scorer for them but I think he was being given more freedom to move and/or playing as a central striker. He doesn't seem to suit the role we are actually asking him to play at all

1 minute ago, TazzerFox said:

Top goal scorer for them but I think he was being given more freedom to move and/or playing as a central striker. He doesn't seem to suit the role we are actually asking him to play at all

I think Brendan wants a solid midfield anchor and then a really fluid front 3-4 behind Vardy, like he had at Liverpool. I’m not sure our attacking line is as fluid as he would like, Maddison and Perez seem far better centrally rather than left to drift out wide. Perez will come good though, he’s a decent player. Being asked to perform a very very different role here than at Newcastle