Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Yes N'Didi

Luton Town (A) (Carabao Cup) Tues 24 Sep 19:45

20190924 - Luton Town.pdf

Leicester City will face Luton Town in the third round of the Carabao Cup on Tuesday 24 September (7:45pm kick-off), with tickets to go on sale to supporters on the Away Priority Scheme on Sunday 8 September.

- Leicester City will travel to Luton Town on Tuesday 24 September (7:45pm kick-off)
- The Foxes defeated Newcastle United in the Carabao Cup second round
- Tickets will go on sale to supporters on the Away Priority Scheme on Sunday 8 September 

After beating Newcastle United on penalties at St James’ Park in the second round of the Carabao Cup, the Foxes will head to Kenilworth Road for a clash against Graeme Jones’ men, who currently sit in 15th place in the Championship after earning promotion from League 1 last term.

The game in Bedfordshire will fall between Premier League fixtures at home to Tottenham Hotspur on Saturday 21 September (12:30pm BST kick-off) and Newcastle United on Sunday 29 September (4:30pm BST kick-off).

City have won the competition on three occasions, most recently lifting the trophy in 2000, while the team have reached the quarter-finals in each of the last two seasons. 

The Club have been handed a full allocation of 1,500 tickets for the game, including four wheelchair spaces, which go on sale to supporters on the Away Priority Scheme on Sunday 8 September. 

Unless stated otherwise below, tickets will be available online from 8am BST, from 9am BST by phone and from 10am BST in-store.

Those unable to attend the third round tie will be able to listen to it for free on LCFC Radio, with each matchday offering starting three hours before kick-off. 

Ticket prices

Agebands Prices Disability pricing*
Adult £25 £19
Seniors 75+ £16 £16
Seniors 65+ £19 £16
Under-22s £19 £16
Under-19s £16 £16
Under-17s £9 £9
Under-10s £6 £6

*Supporters with a disability are priced as above plus a FREE personal assistant.

Selling arrangements

Date/time On sale to
Sunday 8 September Away Priority Scheme (APS) online only*
Monday 9 September Season Ticket Holders with 395+ points
Tuesday 10 September Season Ticket Holders with 380+ points
Wednesday 11 September Season Ticket Holders with 360+ points
Thursday 12 September Season Ticket Holders with 340+ points
Friday 13 September Season Ticket Holders with 320+ points
Monday 16 September  Season Ticket Holders with 315+ points

Available online at LCFC.com from 8am, by phone from 9am and in-store from 10am

Fox Travel

Fox Travel is priced at £18 per person.

Coaches depart at 3pm.

*Please note anyone under the age of 16 must be accompanied by someone over the age of 18.

Members Application Ballot

(Two per cent of total allocation equals 30 tickets).

Date Times
Wednesday 4 September Open from 9am
Friday 6 September Closes at 12pm

Those successful will be notified ahead of the Sales Window of which will be: Opens at 8am (online), 9am (by phone) and 10am (in-store) on Monday 9 September. Closes at 6pm on Tuesday 10 September.

Important information

Please note that this will be unreserved seating. Wheelchair spaces are allocated in the home end and are also unreserved. 

Additional information

Supporters purchasing tickets for this fixture in the Foxes Fanstore at King Power Stadium MUST bring their Season Ticket card with them and any Season Ticket cards of the supporters they are looking to purchase tickets for. They will also need to confirm the full name, date of birth and full address of all supporters they are buying tickets for. 

Supporters purchasing tickets over the phone MUST be able to provide the full name, full address details, date of birth and any contact details, i.e. phone number or email address, of those whom they are looking to purchase tickets for.

Please note that supporters who fail to bring the relevant Season Ticket cards and fail to confirm all personal details for everyone who they wish to purchase for will not be sold tickets under any circumstances.

Supporters are also reminded that all tickets are non-transferable and must remain in the possession of the Season Ticket Holder.

Moreover, the Club wishes to remind supporters that the reselling of tickets for Leicester City matches is strictly forbidden.

Edited by Yes N'Didi

3 minutes ago, Snik-Snok said:

Unreserved seating, first time time in years as far as I can remember (apart from Copenhagen and Porto).

The Championship and League 1 grounds where it was a free for a all despite allocated seating were the days. People way too bothered now.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Do we think these will be the brackets going forward or just a one off on this due to low allocation? 

One off. I think there are probably about 3,000 people on 360+ points which means for all normal allocations, people are guaranteed a ticket in that bracket. Whereas for this one they don't want people to miss out because they didn't log in at 9AM on the Monday.

I would expect to only see this again for Bournemouth and small allocations. Unless we are top of the league with a few games to go...

10 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

Justified because they will sell the place out, this is a money game for Luton. That's their normal price for matches too.

This is where i disagree.

Yes this is undoubtedly a money game for Luton and a chance to sell out the ground. 
But it's also what's wrong with football; a club using any chance to get as much money as possible from fans.

Cup games should be £20 max, twenty is plenty. 

2 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Yes this is undoubtedly a money game for Luton and a chance to sell out the ground. 
But it's also what's wrong with football; a club using any chance to get as much money as possible from fans.

Football is business unfortunately. As much as we all want to disagree with where it is going. Smaller clubs regularly charge over £20 for cup games (e.g. Newport).

I imagine we would have charged £10-15 (ST/GS) if we were at home but for Luton this is a money spinner and will do the club well. Let's not forget that the money is not as good outside of the PL. Especially for a team like Luton who are only just promoted to the Championship and are in the process of funding a new ground.

We can all dream of cheap match ticket prices but I cannot see it happening, so in the grand scheme of things, this is acceptable from Luton.

22 minutes ago, Snik-Snok said:

Unreserved seating, first time time in years as far as I can remember (apart from Copenhagen and Porto).

Terrible idea for this fixture. I can understand when it's a large away end when you're not expecting many to turn up but this will just cause problems.

It baffles me how this is deemed safe, as it encourages people to stand in an area that isn't designated for them - yet safe standing is still to be approved.

doesn't make sense to me.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Terrible idea for this fixture. I can understand when it's a large away end when you're not expecting many to turn up but this will just cause problems.

It baffles me how this is deemed safe, as it encourages people to stand in an area that isn't designated for them - yet safe standing is still to be approved.

It is common in Europe, it's a bit of a problem here because people don't know how to deal with it. What normally happens is that small areas will be overpopulated with people standing, and the rest of the sections will see spare seats.

Fully agree that this is probably less safe than old style terraced standing let alone safe standing.

As long as people are sensible about it it will be fine. And if somewhere is extremely populated, just go elsewhere and find some space, there will still be one seat per person in theory. It just makes it a little chaotic and might take a couple of minutes longer to find "your seat".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Can see us selling this out quite easily. And unless the stewards corral people into areas as they arrive like cars parking it will be interesting for the last few hundred searching for where the hell they're gonna sit?  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Do we think these will be the brackets going forward or just a one off on this due to low allocation? 

Would think due to low allocation. But would like to see how many have sold after 395. Would give an indication as to how many are north of that 

53 minutes ago, Bayfox said:

Would think due to low allocation. But would like to see how many have sold after 395. Would give an indication as to how many are north of that 

It would be interesting to know how many are in each bracket, although it obviously changes after each game a little.

A few hundred on the scheme is it? Then home box holders with a few tickets each, player’s friends/family, plus hangers on. Then the ordinary 395+.

What’s a guess for priority level of selling out here?

£25 away midweek for an early round League Cup on the one hand, but somewhere we’ve not been to recently and fairly local on the other. 

Edited by Drew Peacock

55 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

It would be interesting to know how many are in each bracket, although it obviously changes after each game a little.

A few hundred on the scheme is it? Then home box holders with a few tickets each, player’s friends/family, plus hangers on. Then the ordinary 395+.

£25 away midweek for an early round League Cup on the one hand, but somewhere we’ve not been to recently and fairly local on the other. 

Well the club have only gone as low as 315+ and from 320+ they break into 5 points difference. They must expect this to not make it that far. I would think maybe 320+ if not 340+. Certainly will not survive the weekend (14th/15th).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Luton are a small club, unlike PL clubs they rely on match day income, more than happy to help smaller clubs prosper. When we played them in a friendly a few years ago it was £15 a ticket, 

I agree for the PL, twenty is more than plenty

56 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

When we were drawn Wolves last year it seemed like a nice local game but it still took me 2 hours to get there. I think going to Luton will actually be quicker than Wolves. It's about as local a game as we are used to recently, I mean I have been treating Watford as a local game the last couple of years!