Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham Hotspur (H) pre match

Spurs come into this having not won away since January, that was at Fulham.

Before that was Cardiff... 

Leicester have lost only once at home since Rodgers took over...

So I think we all know which way this is going 

Edited by lcfceaves

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

11 goals in 9 games under Rodgers when he plays our strongest system. 1 goal in 6 when he pillocks about with the team. 

Tells you everything you need to know.

BR’s counter argument I suspect would be that in those games we played in the defensive minded set up with JM on the left, we had chances we didn’t convert and he wants to exploit those fine margins and get the team to play much better in that style and formation so as to reduce risk of conceding whilst creating more which is what he’s been doing in training. Work in progress? I trust him to make it work more than our previous manager but it needs to click soon as creatively we are pretty poor in the current preferred formation. 

In last seasons home game Alli was floating around (like a butterfly - see what I did there) unmarked time after time. It's something he's good at but we let it happen, when the ball hit the net we've got space covered but men...no they're given all the time in the world to play around the edge and inside our box. Cut that out and you've still got their long range ability, Eriksson, Kane, Song all capable of stunners. Their full backs are a weakness, as Rose gets older he just gets later to the ball and has turned into a nasty b*****d, I can't believe they didn't have a real go at getting ours who would both be an improvement. It'll be tough but 1-1 or 2-1 to us. Stick with them, this is a high level we're talking about, the fact that we're going to Chelsea, Man U and now Spurs at home expecting a decent result shows a new angle of approach but if we do what we're good at we have plenty to hurt them and hopefully enough to keep them out at the other end.

12 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

BR’s counter argument I suspect would be that in those games we played in the defensive minded set up with JM on the left, we had chances we didn’t convert and he wants to exploit those fine margins and get the team to play much better in that style and formation so as to reduce risk of conceding whilst creating more which is what he’s been doing in training. Work in progress? I trust him to make it work more than our previous manager but it needs to click soon as creatively we are pretty poor in the current preferred formation. 

Whats strange is that Brendan has never been a defensive manager. I recall Celtic fans slating Brendan for being too attack minded in the CL against the likes of Barca and Man City.

So what has changed since he got here? He’s always tinkered with formations to be fair, but he’s never set up so negatively on a consistent basis like he has done this season.

8 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

Nervous about this one. Hope we don't show Spurs too much respect like we did against United.

Bang on as usual...

If we go straight for the jugular we will beat a slightly nervy Spurs side convincingly.

Go defensive and their confidence will grow as the game progresses.

We need to get at em. We are every bit as good as Tottenham

Edited by Col city fan
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Swan Lesta said:

Brendan's counter argument is meaningless as we've conceded the opening goal inside 10 mins vs Chelsea and Man Utd. His supposed conservative system is no more effective at containing the opposition but we lose so much potency in the way the team works going forward.

• Like 2

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Brendan's counter argument is meaningless as we've conceded the opening goal inside 10 mins vs Chelsea and Man Utd. His supposed conservative system is no more effective at containing the opposition but we lose so much potency in the way the team works going forward.

Exactly. Just handing over the initiative. Reactive instead of proactive

• Like 1