Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham Hotspur (H) pre match

3 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

Wow, I think that's quite enlightening and damning really. If you couple that with what he's just said re playing Maddison out on the wing it sounds a little worrying. Will he change it or stubbornly stick to it in order to fulfil the media hype of him being a supposef tactical genius. I can just about stomach his sickly media blarney after the polar opposite in Puel but are we seeing yet another individual with a messiah complex. The United game in particular angered me. Whilst you would never expect to automatically beat them at home they are not what they were and were without key players. If you have any pretentions of breaking into the top 6, surely you have to at least try and beat other competing top 6 teams? Outside of the top two I don't see any other team whereby, with the players at our disposal, we wouldn't at least start with a positive mind set. Rodgers very much talks the talk but we will very soon find out if he can walk. 

I've definitely seen him walking! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

7 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Wolves we were lucky to draw. Sheffield United I think could've gone any way and a draw would probably have been about fair. Chelsea we got better as it went on (Maddison came inside I seem to recall). Man Utd was a pathetic performance.

For me it's not about stupidly high expectations. I feel like we're playing within ourselves, imposing restrictions upon ourselves when there is evidence to suggest we've got the tools for a lot better.

I cannot fathom him thinking Maddison out wide is better than in the centre. It's just... honestly. It's like thinking Vardy's a better winger than striker.

I think man united, Sheffield United and wolves should of been draws. You could argue their disallowed goal was soft, but the game itself I think we both shut each other out.

chelsea and Bournemouth we deserved to win both in my opinion.

9 points I think we should be on now.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Thank you @Guest, for some reason nobody seems to have noticed your very important point. @Finnegan @Ric Flair @volpeazzurro @KingsX @Dan LCFC @Samilktray @m4DD0gg @foxfanazer and I'm sure I've missed some. We've fallen victim to an awful case of baity journalism. I would suggest blocking Leicester xtra as a source of information in the future. 

You're right about Leicester Xtra, but I don't believe much I read in the Mercury as accurate information either.

Jury's still out on Rodgers though as far as I'm concerned.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Thank you @Guest, for some reason nobody seems to have noticed your very important point. @Finnegan @Ric Flair @volpeazzurro @KingsX @Dan LCFC @Samilktray @m4DD0gg @foxfanazer and I'm sure I've missed some. We've fallen victim to an awful case of baity journalism. I would suggest blocking Leicester xtra as a source of information in the future. 

That's pretty shocking to be honest, they've literally reversed his meaning which makes me feel a lot more comfortable. 

I don't ever take these fan accounts seriously and I don't follow them myself but I figured something like a quote they'd just straight copy and paste. That's awful. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

Bang on, I've said it time and time again that we are a team that plays best on the front foot. Yes, we can be pragmatic and try and keep the goals conceded to a minimum but we won't pinch a load of games 1-0 and be good enough to challenge the top 6. Our only sustainable system is to play positive and attacking football and take the hit on any vulnerability we leave ourselves at the back. Rodgers has now deployed this more defensive system on 6 occasions and we've won once against Sheffield Utd, it's mind boggling. Had we nicked a few more then perhaps i'd begrudgingly understand what he's trying to do but ultimately it's been a waste of time. Pinching draws at home vs the likes of Wolves or a distinctly mediocre Chelsea both with Europa League distractions is nothing to be pleased about. Nor is going to both Manchester clubs and barely having a shot at goal. The only game I think we can take any joy from was away at Chelsea who were all over the place in the 2nd half and we really played some good football.

And the Sheffield utd game we only won because Ndidi was injured imo. If he was fit and played with Hamza, it could easily have been worse.

• Sad 1

Those quotes do read quite differently in the Mercury. Pathetic from Xtra really and I'll remember that one.

That said there's still some evidence on the pitch to back it up. So we'll see.

Edited by Dan LCFC
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Whilst It might be baity as you put it the fact remains that Claude Rodgers game plan seems intent on playing arguably our most creative player on the wing and boring the fans to death with using 15000000 defensive midfielders. 

Just now, m4DD0gg said:

Whilst It might be baity as you put it the fact remains that Claude Rodgers game plan seems intent on playing arguably our most creative player on the wing and boring the fans to death with using 15000000 defensive midfielders. 

Oh yeah that's fair. Before jumping on that boat though, I'll give him Spurs at home. If he starts Hamza and Ndidi again, with Maddison on the wing, then I'll start to get mad.

• Like 1

As frustrating as it is we all know the score by now.

4-3-3 against the big six looks to be a given, playing the same formation with the same personnel against Spurs is highly likely.

As many others have said before if you are to play this formation then for tactical reasons, Tielemans or Maddison must be dropped. I can't see that happening though as Rodgers clearly sees them as two key players.

If he sets up like this against Newcastle in a weeks time though, then I wouldn't be surprised if more fans start to get on his back.

Maybe we are starting to see the early signs of Deluded Brendan :frantics:

3 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

Not match related as such, more of a rant. But why oh why do our players all of a sudden get linked to a 'top 6 team' everytime we're about to play one?? For example, last week before the t**ts U*d game, Maddison was being linked with them and they are 'definitely' going to sign him in Jan or the summer. Before we played Chelsea they were apparently looking at signing Chilwell after their ban!! 

Now we come to play spurs and they are looking at Maddison now along with Barnes. Bit too much of a coincidence for my liking. Never really be linked before!! Notice a pattern

Not that I'm suggesting that the opposition are trying to unsettle one of our best players through the media to have an advantage. No, not at all! :ph34r:

Example - https://www.footballtransfertavern.com/premier-league/tottenham-hotspur-fans-react-to-rumours-surrounding-leicester-city-attacker/

We play Liverpool in a couple of weeks, "Klopp wants Madddison and Chilwell" next week then!

44 minutes ago, kingfox said:

As frustrating as it is we all know the score by now.

4-3-3 against the big six looks to be a given, playing the same formation with the same personnel against Spurs is highly likely.

As many others have said before if you are to play this formation then for tactical reasons, Tielemans or Maddison must be dropped. I can't see that happening though as Rodgers clearly sees them as two key players.

If he sets up like this against Newcastle in a weeks time though, then I wouldn't be surprised if more fans start to get on his back.

Maybe we are starting to see the early signs of Deluded Brendan :frantics:

I wouldn't mind if we actually won against any of these top teams playing this way, also worrying is how he picked the same system at home to Wolves and away at Sheffield Utd which shows it's not just exclusive to the top 6 gang.

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I wouldn't mind if we actually won against any of these top teams playing this way, also worrying is how he picked the same system at home to Wolves and away at Sheffield Utd which shows it's not just exclusive to the top 6 gang.

Think the early games was a case of experimenting.

Come Bournemouth at home it seemed to be a realisation of 4-3-3 against the lesser teams isn't necessary, go out and play an attacking formation and unsurprisingly it worked.

It's a shame we back that game up with Man Utd away and Spurs at home, two games where a cautious approach is quite understandable.

I just wish Rodgers had the balls to take either Tielemans or Maddison out, if he does it against Spurs then fair play, if not then the match thread on Saturday will be filled with frustrating posts.

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I read somewhere the idea was extra protection for Soyuncu to give him confidence, but then he was doing it back end of last season so it was obviously the plan going forward. With the addition of Praet too I don't think we're seeing the end of it anytime soon.

I don't think we are going to have a season for a while where the traditional top 6 are there for the taking. 

Man city and Liverpool are out of sight but spurs man utd Chelsea and arse are all going through transition periods or have problems. 

It's maddening and frustrating that he isn't pushing it especially at home as the fans will soon turn on him. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Oh yeah that's fair. Before jumping on that boat though, I'll give him Spurs at home. If he starts Hamza and Ndidi again, with Maddison on the wing, then I'll start to get mad.

Got the feeling he's going to start both, Madders on the left and Perez in for Gray.

• Sad 1

42 minutes ago, Mark said:

I read somewhere the idea was extra protection for Soyuncu to give him confidence, but then he was doing it back end of last season so it was obviously the plan going forward. With the addition of Praet too I don't think we're seeing the end of it anytime soon.

If that's the case i'd rather we went 3-4-1-2 and at least have the chance to get our most creative players centrally. Soyuncu could get the protection and help he supposedly needs (not sure he actually needs it as he's very capable) and either Perez or Barnes could play alongside Vardy. We are essentially playing wing backs anyway as it's all a mess on the left hand side right now and Ricardo isn't over lapping anywhere near as much this season.

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

If that's the case i'd rather we went 3-4-1-2 and at least have the chance to get our most creative players centrally. Soyuncu could get the protection and help he supposedly needs (not sure he actually needs it as he's very capable) and either Perez or Barnes could play alongside Vardy. We are essentially playing wing backs anyway as it's all a mess on the left hand side right now and Ricardo isn't over lapping anywhere near as much this season.

My only problem with this is the zero attacking prescene we would have down the left wing. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Nicolo Barella said:

My only problem with this is the zero attacking prescene we would have down the left wing. 

Yeah i'm not convinced myself it is the best solution to the conundrums we have nor is it the best system to maximise our strengths but all I know is this current 4-3-3 with Hamza and Ndidi and Maddison on the wing is pure muck. It could be 3-4-1-2 would be just as ineffective but theoretically I could understand how we could get the protection at the back and free up Chilwell and Ricardo to concentrate on breaking forward. I've no qualms that Ricardo would do well in this role, even though in a 4-1-4-1 the ability to overlap with a fellow wide midfielder is often beautiful for us. Chilwell is the worry but with Maddison and Tielemans at least central in their respective roles and the team not feeling exposed it might work in the space they can create as a central pairing. I like the idea of Barnes being free to support Vardy or roam about, he is the one player that a long with I suppose Perez who by doing that the team isn't missing their presence in their main role such as Maddison who is our creative force with Youri.

• Like 2