Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham Hotspur (H) pre match

3 hours ago, John rayner said:

Man u beat us because of a soft penalty, I didnt see any quality up front, no penalty we would have got a point 

Soft pen is cop-out. They were better or, should I say, less shit than us.

They lined-up an almost bottom league team, were demoralized, decimated and we showed nothing, starting with the line-up and formation. They had a 3rd string midfield and we still lost it to them despite having a better one on paper. McTominay, who's bang average, had a field day. Ole couldn't believe his luck.

I'm neither into the top 6 hype nor seeing this team for better than it actually is, but given these circumstances, I think that we should've won this game or at least showed more positive intent.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, NaijaFox said:

Absolute howlers?! lol

Jota disposed Ricardo at the end of the first half and got his feet tangled up as he tried to shoot. At best ONE "howler" if you can in fact earnestly classify it thus.

Meanwhile, literally less than 10 minutes earlier, Vardy had whiffed on a virtually tap-in, while Boly had to dig out a virtual goal-line clearance in the 2d minute of time added on.  

I've still got MOTD2 from the opening weekend of the season, i'll watch it again in a bit but there was a few from Jota like that and also Jiminez spooning wide an easy chance. Either way if you want to believe we deserved anything out of the game or that the performance wasn't that bad when weighing up how distinctly average we've been this season when playing 2 DCM's then fill your boots.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, John rayner said:

You can't drop Ndidi, drop hamza and play Barnes wide, 

I meant we should only select one of them. Preferably N'didi. 

Doesn't work when we play both of them together. 

Agree on Barnes out wide too and bring Maddison back behind Vardy.

Wouldnt be against a diamond. I think this is our most balanced line up 

Ndidi

YT         Praet

Maddison

AP/HB    Vardy

People forget that Barnes played up front for West Brom quite often, hes a real handful and would be an unknown quantity to Spurs in that role. Would love to see him given a try at some point

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Wouldnt be against a diamond. I think this is our most balanced line up 

Ndidi

YT         Praet

Maddison

AP/HB    Vardy

People forget that Barnes played up front for West Brom quite often, hes a real handful and would be an unknown quantity to Spurs in that role. Would love to see him given a try at some point

... I am sure, we have attempted to play a diamond before, but makes us a bit narrow. 

4 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

... I am sure, we have attempted to play a diamond before, but makes us a bit narrow. 

I think we have the full backs to make it work though, as long as we are able to get them forward they would bring the necessary width to the team.  

On 15/09/2019 at 00:49, Facecloth said:

Said it in the post match thread, if we insist on playing 2 DM then we have to drop one of Tielemens or Maddison. It's a tough decision, but that's what we have to do. There is no way of playing them both with two defensive midfielders that doesn't shove one of them out wide, where they'll float to the centre from and unbalance the team.

Yeah, Rodgers has to make a choice and play players and tactics that get the most out of the players. I would drop Maddison if he is playing 2 DMs and player Barnes on the left. Of the two DMs, perhaps try Praet instead of Hamza. Praet seems to play forward first. And drop Gray for Albrighton.

• Haha 1

53 minutes ago, spacemunky said:

I'd let them score a couple goals and then just let the Spursyness begin.

kane probably getting the first 2 or a hatrick, one off his arse, one off his teammate (that he claims) and a penalty in which he dived to win.

Edited by don_danbury
  • Like 1

A few stats

• After winning five of their seven Premier League home games against Spurs at Filbert Street (D1 L1), Leicester have won just one of their six such games against them since moving to the King Power Stadium (D1 L4).
  • Tottenham have won four of their last five Premier League games against Leicester, including each of the last three in a row. They've never won four consecutive top-flight matches against the Foxes.
  • Leicester have scored more Premier League goals against Tottenham than they have versus any other side (44). However, they've only conceded more goals against Manchester United (58) and Arsenal (57) in the competition than against Spurs (48).
  • Since Leicester returned to the Premier League in 2014-15, their Premier League games against Tottenham have seen a total of 40 goals scored - only Arsenal vs Liverpool (48) has seen more in that time.
  • Tottenham are without a win in their last eight away games in the Premier League (W0 D2 L6) - they last endured a longer winless away run in the top-flight between April and December 2006 (10).
  • Despite losing last time out versus Manchester United, Leicester City have won 25 points since Brendan Rodgers' first game in charge in March (W7 D4 L4); only Liverpool (43), Manchester City (37) and Chelsea (27) have picked up more points in this period.
  • Tottenham striker Harry Kane has scored 13 goals in 12 games in all competitions against Leicester, more than he has against any other side in his professional career.

9 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

I've still got MOTD2 from the opening weekend of the season, i'll watch it again in a bit but there was a few from Jota like that and also Jiminez spooning wide an easy chance. Either way if you want to believe we deserved anything out of the game or that the performance wasn't that bad when weighing up how distinctly average we've been this season when playing 2 DCM's then fill your boots.

But it’s rather irrelevant what I (or you) “want to believe” since we DID get something out of the game. The sole bone of contention is whether or not we were “lucky” to have done so, and thus far read nothing to rationally conclude that we were. Sure, they created and screwed some chances, but so did we (while overwhelmingly controlling possession, shots, passes, etc). 

Edited by NaijaFox

7 minutes ago, gw_leics772 said:

Thanks. Any chance you could tell us who they are?

Schmeichel, Ward, N’didi, Hamza, Gray, Maddison, Chilwell, Iheanacho, Vardy, Tielemans, Albrighton, Evans, Soyuncu, Barnes, Ricardo, Justin, Morgan, Fuchs.

Edited by LCFC FOX

21 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Schmeichel, Ward, N’didi, Hamza, Gray, Maddison, Chilwell, Iheanacho, Vardy, Tielemans, Albrighton, Evans, Soyuncu, Barnes, Ricardo, Justin, Morgan, Fuchs.

That would mean no Perez or Praet and whilst neither may start I would expect both will be on the bench unless injured.