Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Tottenham Hotspur (H) pre match

5 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

That would mean no Perez or Praet and whilst neither may start I would expect both will be on the bench unless injured. 

Everyone ignore my stupid comment. I’ve just seen Perez, Praet and Amartey now too lol

Brendan stated in his press conference that he only likes 22 players max. (Probably so he can train 11 vs 11 at the end) So that makes 21 out there training and I imagine the other would be Benkovic who I’ve not seen. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, LCFC FOX said:

Everyone ignore my stupid comment. I’ve just seen Perez, Praet and Amartey now too lol

Brendan stated in his press conference that he only likes 22 players max. (Probably so he can train 11 vs 11 at the end) So that makes 21 out there training and I imagine the other would be Benkovic who I’ve not seen. 

It was for the team photo lol 

• Haha 1

I've seen Praet once (Chelsea away) and I thought he showed some decent touches and awareness. Wouldn't mind him in. 

I'm dreading tomorrow after last week. A slow start and yet another early goal would really be the worst thing....the KP could turn especially if Hamza and Wilf both start again. 

Spurs rested Son and 2 wing backs that had a stormer the week before. Their plan is clear. I really hope we can get something because our fixtures take a turn for the good.....we could put a real run together. 

18 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Got a feeling Praet will start in place of Hamza and either Perez or Barnes instead of Gray. 

I think he's been kept out of the Team to give him a chance to study what's needed and acclimatize to the Premier league.

We will need Hamza's combative skills to watch Son and Eriksen and Moura.

Being the home team it's up to us to take the game to Spurs which means we will likely play with a Winger. I'd go with Albrighton personally for his work rate and understanding with Ricardo. The other option is Barnes on the left but that's unlikely with BRs insistence with playing Maddison on the left, which I find wasteful.

Our problem as I predicted pre season is lack of Goals and alternative Strikers.

It will be tough to get a win but a draw will be very acceptable.   

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I think he's been kept out of the Team to give him a chance to study what's needed and acclimatize to the Premier league.

We will need Hamza's combative skills to watch Son and Eriksen and Moura.

Being the home team it's up to us to take the game to Spurs which means we will likely play with a Winger. I'd go with Albrighton personally for his work rate and understanding with Ricardo. The other option is Barnes on the left but that's unlikely with BRs insistence with playing Maddison on the left, which I find wasteful.

Our problem as I predicted pre season is lack of Goals and alternative Strikers.

It will be tough to get a win but a draw will be very acceptable.   

...yes we lack the goals, but we do have the fire power!!!

We have constantly created chances when using an expansive formation but we constantly play the wrong ball...play a poor pass, lacking the composure you would expect. Our play in the final third has been a great disappointment and is this aspect of our play that lets us down.

We at present are setting up wrong, preventing us from creating the chances, that would advance our cause....Rodgers just needs to recognise that!!!!!

• Like 1

On 18/09/2019 at 12:35, ARM1968 said:

Spurs will be knackered and early kick off not good for them either. We just need to get at em, keep the ball when we can and attack like we can. 

I genuinely can't remember the last time an early kick-off went well for us :-\

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Fearing the worst 

If we play 2 defensive midfielders and Maddison on the wing then yes I concur all about the selection hopefully Rodgers realises this, play our players in the right position so they can make more of an impact 

10 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

If we play 2 defensive midfielders and Maddison on the wing then yes I concur all about the selection hopefully Rodgers realises this, play our players in the right position so they can make more of an impact 

If we set up and play like that at home then Rodgers will loose the faith of a lot of fans. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, m4DD0gg said:

If we set up and play like that at home then Rodgers will loose the faith of a lot of fans. 

At home to the top sides there is a good chance he will...... the fact that spurs have such a terrible away record 2019 may push him to ‘throw the dice’ but then I haven’t analysed whether those poor results were generally down to the opposition stopping them scoring or going for it ??