Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

In Hindsight

5 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I thought @UpTheLeagueFoxmight stop twatting on about Puel...

Sorry Geoff, said purely in jest (and because you brought it up again!) đź’™

Ha! Never!

That first two months did get me excited though.

The next two months saw me slowly lose that excitement.

And the subsequent 10-11 months saw me get increasingly more frustrated and angry.

• Like 2

I had some very good debates with a few on hear about Soyuncu, I was firmly in the expecting him to be a weak link camp. We agreed to discuss the matter again after 15 games, whilst there are aspects about his game that still scare me... im more than happy to state that I was wrong and this was a gamble well worth taking. He's performed excellently and whilst he will make mistakes along the way he is a more than capable premier league center back. Arguably over the season he will prove himself to be better than Dunk, Tarkowski and dare I say it... Maguire

Hopefully the original posters will see this as the original thread is now locked. 

55 minutes ago, Arriba Los Zorros said:

Really thought Silva and Slimani would become the new Izzet and Heskey.

Thought Nugent was wank and completely one dimensional up until he actually played for us.

was convinced Matty James would be an England regular for years to come.

Despite a lot of hype was disappointed when we signed Musa and thought he looked terrible based on watching a few Nigeria games  Oh wait.

Matty James was v unlucky. Who knows how far he would have gone.

Anyone called Matt with a welsh surname in our midfield is doomed...

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

I thought Silva and Iheanacho would be great. Thought we were going down under Ranieri as well.

We may well have done in his second season!

Totally agree about Iheanacho. For me our worst ever signing, reasons for which are on page one.

I wanted them to offer 90% of the Mahrez money to Palace for Zaha and sulked when they didn't, but instead they spread the money more widely and wiseley on Ricardo, Maddison, Soyuncu, Benkovic and Evans  (I'll leave Ghezal off the list though). Wise wise move. Still think we should offer 85% of the Maguire money on....Zaha!

Edited by fazzyfox
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, adam1 said:

Matty James was v unlucky. Who knows how far he would have gone.

Anyone called Matt with a welsh surname in our midfield is doomed...

Yup, and a surname beginning with J! Both those lads should have done much more in their careers, and Matty James in particular is incredibly talented, had all the tools except strong legs :(

2 minutes ago, ThaiFox said:

We may well have done in his second season!

Totally agree about Iheanacho. For me our worst ever signing, reasons for which are on page one.

That's a fair point, I still adamantly believe we would have gone down in 16/17 if we hadn't have sacked him - we were horrendous.

Edited by Stadt
  • Like 2

One of my (many) faults is hoping for the best. I remember seeing Inler at Bury and thinking 'I'm sure he'll adjust'. Likewise Adrien Silva when it started to become clear to others that he was off the pace. So I guess I'm slow to write players off.

I'm still hopeful, however, that the lad Vardy will come good...

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

One of my (many) faults is hoping for the best. I remember seeing Inler at Bury and thinking 'I'm sure he'll adjust'. Likewise Adrien Silva when it started to become clear to others that he was off the pace. So I guess I'm slow to write players off.

I'm still hopeful, however, that the lad Vardy will come good...

He's showing some glimpses........

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Stadt said:

That's a fair point, I still adamantly believe we would have gone down in 16/17 if we hadn't have sacked him - we were horrendous.

That Southampton away game. Deary ****ing me. I honestly think that's up there with the worst we have ever played, in our history.

26 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

That Southampton away game. Deary ****ing me. I honestly think that's up there with the worst we have ever played, in our history.

Middlesbrough away was just as bad, they were shit and on a terrible run so naturally we played the stodgiest ever diamond with I think Ulloa and Slimani up top, with the width provided by Fuchs and Danny bastard Simpson lmao

Edited by Stadt

1 minute ago, Stadt said:

Middlesbrough away was just as bad, they were shit and on a terrible run so naturally we played the stodgiest ever diamond with I think Ulloa and Slimani up top with the width provided by Fuchs and Danny bastard Simpson lmao

Another stinker was Sunderland away.

IIRC Victor Anichebe ran the show.

1 hour ago, TiffToff88 said:

As Leicester fans we've all had moments where we thought one thing, and some way down the line we've been proven very wrong. One such example is the uproar when we spent a whole ÂŁ1M on a certain non league footballer. How wrong those people (myself included) were!

There really wasn't uproar when we signed Vardy. 

I remember saying on here  after a tricky season  in the championship and a few decent incomings pre season something along the lines of

” quite excited for the season, no idea where we will  finish but one things for sure, we won’t be in a relegation fight”.

We got relegated.

Someone had that quote as their signature for about two years after aswell :blush:.