Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

In Hindsight

As Leicester fans we've all had moments where we thought one thing, and some way down the line we've been proven very wrong. One such example is the uproar when we spent a whole £1M on a certain non league footballer. How wrong those people (myself included) were!

I'm no doubt opening myself up to ridicule here, but the latest one to happen to me was this: 

June 20th, 2018 - Leicester City sign James Maddison from Norwich City for around £20M. 

Don't get me wrong, I was excited to see what he could do for us, but a big part of me was gutted that we didn't go for Jack Grealish instead! So in hindsight we have clearly made the right decision and I was wrong, very wrong to doubt the signing.

Are there any times you guys are willing to admit you were wrong about involving the club?

Ok here's my list of Leicester City confessions:

Thought Sven was going to propel us into a force

Thought Vardy was an awful footballer (nothing is ever gonna beat this one)

Thought Zieler was going to be a goalkeeping legend for us

Thought Musa was going to be world class having seen him skin a few players while I was p*ssed up in Stocklholm + saw some youtube vids

Tried to disuade my old man from having a bet on us to win the league at 1500/1 Nov 2015 (ended up going halves, praise be)

Thought Claude Puel was a brilliant appointment and that Southampton were just ungrateful retards

Most recently based on a few appearances that I saw last season and 1 pre season this I thought Soyuncu was a league one footballer

Brutal honesty.

Really thought Silva and Slimani would become the new Izzet and Heskey.

Thought Nugent was wank and completely one dimensional up until he actually played for us.

was convinced Matty James would be an England regular for years to come.

Despite a lot of hype was disappointed when we signed Musa and thought he looked terrible based on watching a few Nigeria games  Oh wait.

Here is some of the nonsense I have spouted over the years. Some absolute gems:

- The new owners were a bad move who had no real interest in the club or city and would just use us to make money :ph34r:.

- Matt Mills would become one of our best ever CB's.
- Jermaine Beckford was a real coup of a signing who would blast us up to the Premier League.
- Jamie Vardy was a waste of money and we should have got Maynard instead :whistle:.

- Ranieri was a very risky appointment. I thought we would stay up but was mortified we had sacked Pearson.

- Adrien Silva would go down as the best midfielder that ever played for us :teehee:

I'd grown so fed up with Pearson in 2012/13 that before the Watford Play-Off match, if we failed to get promoted, I wanted him gone.

I'm so glad we lost the way we did now - as far as I'm concerned that was the catalyst for everything that's happened to us since.

And coincidentally, it's sort of defined Kane's career so far too: Close to glory but in reality, nowhere near at the same time. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, shanetko said:

Ok here's my list of Leicester City confessions:

Thought Sven was going to propel us into a force

Thought Vardy was an awful footballer (nothing is ever gonna beat this one)

Thought Zieler was going to be a goalkeeping legend for us

Thought Musa was going to be world class having seen him skin a few players while I was p*ssed up in Stocklholm + saw some youtube vids

Tried to disuade my old man from having a bet on us to win the league at 1500/1 Nov 2015 (ended up going halves, praise be)

Thought Claude Puel was a brilliant appointment and that Southampton were just ungrateful retards

Most recently based on a few appearances that I saw last season and 1 pre season this I thought Soyuncu was a league one footballer

Brutal honesty.

That was a big one for me too. At one point during the 16/17 season I genuinely wanted him to replace Kasper in the starting 11 because he looked like the better if the 2!

Iheanacho - Thought he'd be a brilliant signing. I was excited at the prospect of him and constantly clicking refresh on the sky sports transfer app to see if he had signed.

Not only has he been a terrible signing, his attitude and professionalism have been terrible too.

Loads of other signings, like Beckford, have been terrible, but for me Iheanacho has been the worst because of his huge fee, wages and extremely poor attitude.

Thought the move to sell the club to the current owners would be a terrible move by Milan Mandaric, but I was certainly wrong in this assumption..

A football club couldn't dream of having better owners.

Clubs like Bolton and Newcastle, in particular, must be very envious.

• Like 1