Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

In Hindsight

11 minutes ago, huggybear said:

June 2000 - very excited phone call to my Dad 'I can't believe we've got Peter Taylor, he's just what we need to push on to the next level following MON....'

I've never endorsed a manager appointment since.....

That was incredibly brave of you to confess such a thing. I know it couldn't have been easy for you lol

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Lee Hendrie I thought he could be our Muzzy the missing link, a player of genuine quality who could run the show and get us out of the division (I wasn’t wrong, just not as expected)

In Hendrie's defence, had we had him a little longer and he didn't pick up an injury, I'd have fancied us to have stayed up. He was infinitely handier than our other midfield options (although I know that's not saying much).

Shinji.

He is the big one for me.  After his first year, I couldn't understand what people where seeing in him.  Goals you can count on the fingers of one hand, zero assists, falls over all the time.  I thought that we somehow won the league despite him.  During his second season, I had to admit that I was wrong and we looked a better team with him in it.  I still can't tell you why though.  

I thought that Slim, Silva and Nacho each were exciting signings and an obvious step up in class to the players we already had.  I still think that Slim could be useful if he could integrate with the squad.

Dennis Wise.

It makes me a little sick in my mouth to write this but after Peter Taylor's first year, the writing was on the wall, we were in big trouble.  I thought that an experienced, quality pro like him was just what we needed to steady the ship.

I feel dirty now.

2 hours ago, murphy said:

Dennis Wise.

It makes me a little sick in my mouth to write this but after Peter Taylor's first year, the writing was on the wall, we were in big trouble.  I thought that an experienced, quality pro like him was just what we needed to steady the ship.

I feel dirty now.

Absolute auto lifetime ban.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, murphy said:

I thought that Slim, Silva and Nacho each were exciting signings and an obvious step up in class to the players we already had.  I still think that Slim could be useful if he could integrate with the squad.

Absolute auto afterlife ban.

• Haha 1

I'd reply to this post, but I wouldn't know where to begin!  Oh, well - let's think...

Beckford is the one that really sticks out for me because that happened after I'd moved to Leeds! (Yes, I know he was at Everton in between, but still, there was a lot of stick about it - though no-one was really sure if he still had it in him, I guess...?)  More recently I guess it's been Slim and Musa that have disappointed me most in hindsight.  (I wasn't too sure about Inler or Silva, especially after the latter's problems.)

On 24/09/2019 at 12:46, huggybear said:

June 2000 - very excited phone call to my Dad 'I can't believe we've got Peter Taylor, he's just what we need to push on to the next level following MON....'

I've never endorsed a manager appointment since.....

To be fair, I'm pretty sure a lots of LCFC fans thought the same, I did.

thought ricardo was absolute rubbish after first few games he played for us, thought would join long list of our failed signings from portugal

was confident enough to raise these opinions out loud in the east stand against everton, queue his first leicester goal........ and a shit tonne of rolled eyes and abuse for me

probably been our best player since then, sorry ricky

• 2 weeks later...

Remember thinking when we had just paid out a then club record £5m to wolves for Akinbiyi (who I had never heard of before) that he must be something special.  I was partly right, he certainly was special but not in any good way.

Thinking that we had pulled off a real coup in getting David Pleat as our new manager. Then again shows that I never learn cos I thought the same about Sven.

Start of the 15/16 season, I could not believe we still had Wes at the heart of our defence. Championship player, never renowned for speed and his legs were now obviously gone. 

Gavin Williams was a cultured & gifted Scottish central mid playmaker with a wand of a right foot. I thought he would be our new Gary Mac. I was just left scratching my head, wondering how much he earnt, and had learnt what the definition of oxymoron was. 

Paulo Sousa would bring style & continental class to this grey & drab corner of the east midlands.

Milan Mandarić, Sven Goran Ericsson and any of the players that were signed during that period. What could possibly go wrong. 

I was so excited about the signing of Dennis Wise ...... what a w*nker!  

Kramarić would come good, Kermorgant too, Inler just needed time. I'm still hopeful for Iheanacho ......

....... Graeme Fenton!

Edited by swanlee

I’ll get a shirt just for grins, and follow this club.  They won’t achieve anything more than my Cleveland clubs.  But that’s a comfy fit, and who needs the distraction.

That fans forum is a hot mess though.

• Like 2

• 4 weeks later...
On 07/10/2019 at 13:13, Stadt said:

Here's a gem from @Nickfosselol 

689069347_Screenshot2019-10-07at13_13_02.thumb.png.1f2cef53c18e0b3182ac984bac2c5844.png

😄😄😄

Very happy to admit that I got this spectacularly and ridiculously wrong.

No justification but I based my thoughts on watching the Liverpool documentary where he came over very poorly in my opinion.

I very much hope that I continue to be outrageously misguided as his recruitment buddy Lee Congerton proves himself to be a genius in the transfer market. 😄

Edited by Nickfosse
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1