Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
TiffToff88

In Hindsight

54 minutes ago, Plastik Man said:

To be fair his debut was an absolute shocker!

I'm not normally someone who makes judgments after one match or a short space of time but given the clamour for Morgan to be dropped around that time, to see his replacement look even slower and laboured was quite alarming.

Thankfully, I've been proven totally wrong.

• Like 1

I remember thinking Kyle Naughton was the dogs bollocks and that he would go on to be a proper player. Always wanted him back for years after his loan spell as well. Thought he was a better right back than Kyle Walker.

Just a bit bang average really isn't he

• Like 3

47 minutes ago, car1os said:

I thought Hossain Kaebi would turn out to be world class...  

I also thought Matt Mills would turn out to be the defensive leader we needed in the Championship, and that Trevor Benjamin would like up to his Championship Manager potential.

However, in the summer of 2015 I thought we'd do quite well in the league due to our Great Escape in the previous season, although I wouldn't dare to have predicted what actually happened that year...

was so so excited when we signed him... must of watched that video of his crunching tackle at the world cup a thousand times and felt like the whole of European football  were so jealous at us for having him.

Edited by MPH

Joe Mattock - future england LB

The day we signed David Connoly and Keown (or was it Dublin that day?). Either way, PL return in the bag...

Starting Vardy vs Middlesbrough on the opening day of the 2013 season was the start of a depressing, underwhelming year

Hearing Cambiasso had decided to leave on my way to Sincil Bank for a pre season friendly and giving up all hope for the next 10 months...

I did genuinely have a weird feeling about Mahrez and Kante though. They just felt like such shrewd signings and ones that our proven scouting team were desperate to add. They kinda make up for my stupidity right?! 

I am genuinely optimistic about every signing we make. I can’t help but get excited and always think we will do well and they will improve the team.

I do remember though going really over the top with excitement about 2 signings in particular, which maybe says more about the times that we were experiencing.

Lee Hendrie I thought he could be our Muzzy the missing link, a player of genuine quality who could run the show and get us out of the division (I wasn’t wrong, just not as expected)

Matt Mills was going to be the leader at the back, the rock, I think we’d beaten a couple of newly promoted premier league teams to his signature and he along with other signings made were going to allow us to romp the Championship.

5 hours ago, Houdini Logic said:

2 - Thinking that being relegated to League One was a disaster and that the following season would be awful

Ha. This all over. Will never forget that feeling at Stoke in 08 as I didn’t think we’d bounce back for years.

I certainly never thought I’d see Leicester in the Champions League in my lifetime, never mind win the Premier League.

Player wise virtually everyone Sven signed was going to make us a comfortable Premier League team finally.

I remember also thinking there was no way Harry’s Kane would make it in the Premier League while Mark Davies would be a Prem midfield star for years.

• Like 1

I thought Michael Johnson would turn out to be an absolutely brilliant loan signing lol 

...and Bednar

Can't remember being too impressed with the Ulloa signing at the time 

Edited by Stadt

Haha how on earth did I forget Ranieri. I at the time thought it was one of the most ridiculous moves (combined wth the Pearson sacking) we could've made.

There was legitimate reason to think it as well. He looked absolutely done as a manager.

To be honest what happened still completely defies any logic at all because everything he's done since May 2016 is what I feared we'd appointed but sometimes, and this one above all, just go with it.

With Loan moves I thought:

Cleverly would be an England regular by now

Keane would captain England one day

Lingaard would be playing League one now and wouldn’t get a game at Utd

Kane would struggle to get a game in the Premier league and would become some Ross McCormack type player banging in championship goals not good enough for the step up

Ryan Smith would be decent 

Mark Davis would make a solid premier league footballer.

• Like 1

These are my actual thoughts at the time. You'd be glad I'm not a scout by profession

2008 - why have we appointed a manager without much experience? This Pearson guy will be the 1st guy sacked and I can see us stuck in League 1! 

2012 - that Vardy guy looks a very poor signing! All he does is run around like a donkey without a head! Never worth £1m, what a waste

2015 - that new lad Kante looks like a 12yr old boy! Hows he going to survive in the Premier League?? But Inler is exactly what we need in the team and will be a great asset. 

Don't worry, I'll stick to the day job. Taxi!!

As much as I've always thought Albrighton is bang average I can't deny that we usually look more dangerous up front when he's playing.  Should probably cut him some more slack.

Outside Leicester, Sterling has completely proven me wrong.

4 hours ago, fox_favourite said:

These are my actual thoughts at the time. You'd be glad I'm not a scout by profession

2008 - why have we appointed a manager without much experience? This Pearson guy will be the 1st guy sacked and I can see us stuck in League 1! 

2012 - that Vardy guy looks a very poor signing! All he does is run around like a donkey without a head! Never worth £1m, what a waste

2015 - that new lad Kante looks like a 12yr old boy! Hows he going to survive in the Premier League?? But Inler is exactly what we need in the team and will be a great asset. 

Don't worry, I'll stick to the day job. Taxi!!

Saw him come onto the pitch at Upton Park and thought why have we got this little kid playing for us