Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
PaulW

Brendan

So not content with already lining up all our players to Man utd, Citeh, Chelsea etc the bookies and press are moving on to our manager now.

Shows that we must be doing something right.

Would love the tables to be turned when we are in CL next year and all the so called big club's (who will have finished mid table) players are suddenly being linked with moves to us for eurpoean football.

• Like 1

When I first saw the thread title, I thought there was a Dutch connection - maybe that Brendan had been poached by Den Haag or something.

Now, though, I see the potential for a terrace song.....

"Oh, his name is Brendaan,

He eats curry with a naan!"

I'll get my coat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

If he waits a couple of weeks they'll be trying to get him the Man Utd job too. 

In the meantime they're going to be linking Maddison, Chilwell, Ricardo, Soyuncu, Barnes, Hamza, Vardy and Filbert Fox with moves to big clubs because that's what the media does and according to them, we're the step below to that level. 

Which for me is why it's imperative that we achieve our goals this season.

Maguire will be living proof that the grass isn't always greener elsewhere; him, Mahrez and Drinkwater are also living proof that we won't be bullied into losing more than one per summer window for anything below our valuation. 

For Brendan - yeah, they're big clubs. But we have a better combination of players with the right attitude, a winning mentality, and a better spirit. 

So I can't see him leaving us for any team other than Celtic reserves. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

After this weekend and the continued hype Leicester and Rodgers deservedly get, I did find my joy turning to concern at the possibility of something like this coming along to pee on our parade. Man U, Chelsea, Arsenal and Spurs could all be changing their manager before Christmas if things take a turn for the worse, and I think Rodgers would certainly be a Manager all four would look at very seriously. I just hope the excitement he is building here along with the new training ground, will be enough to keep him here for at least another 2 years. Maybe that is just me with my blue tinted glasses on, but surely he would think twice at such a move as all four have various issues. Feels like we are genuinely just another season of current player development plus a top winger and striker away from being consistent top 6 finishers with the ability to push even the top four. Hopefully Rodgers see that and the positives of being with a team on the way up, as opposed to ones that are on the slide and in some cases have been for years..*cough Man U*

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

When I first saw the thread title, I thought there was a Dutch connection - maybe that Brendan had been poached by Den Haag or something.

Now, though, I see the potential for a terrace song.....

"Oh, his name is Brendaan,

He eats curry with a naan!"

I'll get my coat.

I thought the thread was going to be about this guy, somehow..

550w_reality_tv_coach_trip_series_6_12.j

38 minutes ago, oxford blue said:

Well done to the Mercury journalist making a story from speculative betting regarding a manager who is safe in his job, and only a possibility of leaving should there be an approach from a top European side (where there are no current vacancies).

Why would you be surprised when fans and mods on this forum speculated on his job after the United loss. This place is as fickle as they come.

Spurs were excellent on Saturday and came within fractions of beating us at home. This forum would have went into meltdown with Rodgers Out calls.

Fair play to a journalist who wants to pray on those knee jerk reactions from football masterminds like us.

I just hope the ownership and others who run this club have a bit more patience and understanding and a long view to the running of a football club.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason Rodgers came here. Not a few more zeros on his paycheck. Not to go duke it out for players or become a scapegoat for businessmen like Levy. Been there done that.

Not after Liverpool and Celtic. Rodgers is too smart for that. He's not here in order to spend six months managing Chelsea or Barcelona.

I've always had a gut feeling about Rodgers that when he took a job he was all in 100%. Kind of like me. I'd give you everything I had until you Fvcked me or the job stagnated and then I left.

Probably not much difference between him and I. Except for all those zeros :)

45 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Why would you be surprised when fans and mods on this forum speculated on his job after the United loss. This place is as fickle as they come.

Spurs were excellent on Saturday and came within fractions of beating us at home. This forum would have went into meltdown with Rodgers Out calls.

Fair play to a journalist who wants to pray on those knee jerk reactions from football masterminds like us.

I just hope the ownership and others who run this club have a bit more patience and understanding and a long view to the running of a football club.

I'm pretty sure that's the reason Rodgers came here. Not a few more zeros on his paycheck. Not to go duke it out for players or become a scapegoat for businessmen like Levy. Been there done that.

Not after Liverpool and Celtic. Rodgers is too smart for that. He's not here in order to spend six months managing Chelsea or Barcelona.

I've always had a gut feeling about Rodgers that when he took a job he was all in 100%. Kind of like me. I'd give you everything I had until you Fvcked me or the job stagnated and then I left.

Tbf I think the first paragraph is indicative of every football club’s fans forum, rightly or wrongly.

exact same on Celtic forum’s, everyone calling for Lennon’s head after Cluj now he’s the best thing since sliced bread. As always the truth is somewhere in between.

• Like 4

21 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

Tbf I think the first paragraph is indicative of every football club’s fans forum, rightly or wrongly.

exact same on Celtic forum’s, everyone calling for Lennon’s head after Cluj now he’s the best thing since sliced bread. As always the truth is somewhere in between.

I know :). Its a free for all and I would never deny anyone's right to hate Rodgers as much as they wish.

Glad for Lennon to ride that wave of Love until they draw their next match and the knives come out.

Edited by SO1

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

I'd like to see one post implying that Rodgers could lose his job after the United defeat. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, SO1 said:

I know :). Its a free for all and I would never deny anyone's right to hate Rodgers as much as they wish.

Glad for Lennon to ride that wave of Love until they draw their next match and the knives come out.

Like I said every football forum is the same, whether it be Leicester, Celtic, Rangers or whoever else. Football fans are fickle.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, That_Dude said:

I'd like to see one post implying that Rodgers could lose his job after the United defeat. 

If you don't trust my integrity then so be it. Life goes on.

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

I have had this as a slight concern, I just think he's exactly the kind of profile they'd go for.

That’s a good point, the danger is with many clubs going down the director of football route nowadays it’s not a manager in the traditional sense that’s required, more of a head coach and as far as coaches go Rodgers is one of the best about.