Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
WhatTheSchlupp?

People leaving early when we are 4 or 5 nil up

30 minutes ago, Babylon said:

There is no argument to be had, you are just being a child. 

If being frustrated at our fans for leaving early when we win 5-0 makes me a child then so be it.

once again though wonderful argument, I’m sure a lot of thought went into it. Hope you don’t have the temerity to start a valid thread on anything that merits discussion, people might call you a child or something 🤭😱

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

If being frustrated at our fans for leaving early when we win 5-0 makes me a child then so be it.

once again though wonderful argument, I’m sure a lot of thought went into it. Hope you don’t have the temerity to start a valid thread on anything that merits discussion, people might call you a child or something 🤭😱

You're picking on the wrong poster here, old bean. 

7 minutes ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

Why are you frustrated, it has nothing to do with you. People have their own lives to lead and make their own decisions, that person in front of you leaving early might be going to the hospital to visit a sick relative, or might be going home to tuck their child in to bed, or might have a 3 hour drive ahead of them. Who are you to moan?

2 hours ago, Ted Maul said:

Pretty much this. Expect the pits and the rare occasions when we turn out a decent away end or make an effort at home are a pleasant surprise.

I’ve known it for a while but the time that I really realised the full extent to our fickle fan base was at the Brighton home game after we’d won the championship title or promotion I can’t quite remember. The players had obviously been out on the piss after this barnstorming season and we got spanked 4-1 (?) at home by a decent Brighton team, seem to remember Ulloa and Lingard scoring for them. Had (SEVERAL) muppets around me booing, leaving after 65 mins, shouting abuse lol just a few days after we’d got promotion. 

• Haha 1

Just now, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

Explain how I’m picking on him? I’m merely pointing out that his response to a valid point is to call me a child, great argument.

It's. Not. A. Valid. Point. 

It falls into the same category as "why you not standing", "Why you not singing", "Why do old people go to away games". 

@WhatTheSchlupp?

Mate, its great you want people to stay, clap and cheer the team on for the full game. And whilst I agree that I'd love the ground to be rammed for the full game, its an argument you aren't going to win. 

As Babylon has said, people have other things going on in their lives, football is just one piece of it.  Some have other worries and things they need to be doing, others want to be home quicker.

Whatever it is, you're in no place to tell them they're wrong for doing it. They pay their ticket fee just as you do.

This goes on year after year and this discussion the same. You aren't changing anyone's actions, just rattling a few cages and getting into arguments for no reason.

I get both sides of this argument. I get people have commitments and Sky decimating our fixture list makes it hard for people. I'm also conscious that it must be absolutely shit for Brendan and the lads to have just secured our biggest ever PL win and to look around and see the place two thirds full at the final whistle. 

• Like 1

It annoys me more the people that can't even be arsed to get in the stadium for ko. I've seen people walking in when there is 10-15 mins gone of the game. Some people would be rather sat in the pub a bit longer and miss the ko and some would rather avoid the traffic rather than applaud the players. Like others have said, you can do what you want but it is very odd behaviour, especially when things are so good for us at the moment.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, WhatTheSchlupp? said:

Tbh I’m surprised (maybe I shouldn’t be with our fans) that people just think it’s normal at this point, it’s like going to the football is an inconvenience for some people, watching the clock til it gets to 85 so they can go.

When you have your joint highest scoring pl game EVER and the ground is half empty (which it was when the players were walking round clapping, if not less) and people who think that is embarrassing are in the minority, then we have a serious problem.

If the opposite happened and I was in the away end I would be laughing, I’ve never seen anything like it at any away game where we’ve lost, let alone by such a massive scoreline. That people condone it is shocking tbh.

The funny thing is if we went back to the 1920s when we beat Portsmouth 10-0 I guarantee no one left early, if that happened today Rodgers and the players would still be applauding a half empty stadium.

Our support is truly awful if people think there’s nothing wrong with leaving early when your team is winning 4 or 5 nil.

.. I would suggest the fan base pretty much surrounded the club, the ability to own a car would suggest you were in the upper echelon of society. The game was pretty much a working class event and no doubt, a source of great family day out. 

People have things to do after the game too that requires them to leave early. Whether that be family commitments, work etc. They were there to support the lads from the start of the game. So whether they left on 85 minutes or the end of the game they were still there to support the lads.

Edited by sharpylcfc
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I get both sides of this argument. I get people have commitments and Sky decimating our fixture list makes it hard for people. I'm also conscious that it must be absolutely shit for Brendan and the lads to have just secured our biggest ever PL win and to look around and see the place two thirds full at the final whistle. 

Well yeah, only last week the place was packed till the end.

Can't argue against the fact that the 30/40 minutes you might save on a Sunday night (at the cost of maybe a minute of football) is probably well worth it to a lot of people that have to get up for work on Monday morning.

I was on the train yesterday so I had no choice but if I was in a position to leave early to make up that time then i'd have definitely taken it.

3 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Well yeah, only last week the place was packed till the end.

Can't argue against the fact that the 30/40 minutes you might save on a Sunday night (at the cost of maybe a minute of football) is probably well worth it to a lot of people that have to get up for work on Monday morning.

I was on the train yesterday so I had no choice but if I was in a position to leave early to make up that time then i'd have definitely taken it.

Sunday evening is such a terrible terrible kickoff time. Purely for the armchair fan with absolutely zero consideration for the match going fan.

• Like 1

People have families to get back to or friends to see. Some might be in care and they need to get back to cook them their dinner for all you know. Especially if they have to catch public transport home.

Why are people so judgemental about trying to get home or go elsewhere early? Theres much more important things in life than football.

Edited by Sampson

12 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Sunday evening is such a terrible terrible kickoff time. Purely for the armchair fan with absolutely zero consideration for the match going fan.

It's comfortably the worst TV slot. Even more than Saturday and Friday nights IMO.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

It annoys me more the people that can't even be arsed to get in the stadium for ko. I've seen people walking in when there is 10-15 mins gone of the game. Some people would be rather sat in the pub a bit longer and miss the ko and some would rather avoid the traffic rather than applaud the players. Like others have said, you can do what you want but it is very odd behaviour, especially when things are so good for us at the moment.

I was about to say where do we draw the line. I hope these  same lads complaining about early leavers are the first ones in singing and clapping or they aren't real fans lol. If you do both, good for you you deserve a golden sticky star on your seasons ticket.

Now back to turning the tele on and off whenver i watch the game from the other side of the Atlantic.  Sheesh I'm a plastic for not flying over every game.

31 minutes ago, Mark 'expert' Lawrenson said:

Loving this thread. I didn’t want to read it but I felt compelled to do so, I’m of the opinion people can leave whenever they want, no point getting riled up about it, it’s really not that important in the grand scale of things. 

Plastic enabler. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

When I go to restaurants I always get up and leave when they're bringing the desserts out, then I stand in the doorway to watch them put the desserts on the table.

That's too early to leave, I leave just before the bill arrives. 

• Haha 1