Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Klopp showing his skill as manager

8 minutes ago, treer said:

you are on the wrong track blaming var.

The referee has given the penalty,

Var can only advise the referee has to whether it is a clear and obvious error.

Which it is not.Blame the ref for bias, but it is not the fault of 

So what you are saying is that VAR cannot have the final say and overturn the referee's decision in the case of a penalty?. 

1 minute ago, treer said:

Well lets hope the FA take action against Mane, although it wont help us.

No chance - if it was considered a dive to deceive then var would have overturned it ..... whilst we wouldn’t want referees to bottle decisions, how on earth a professional official can give a deciding pen in added time unless he is 100% convinced is astonishing. He has VAR to help him if he makes a howler. It’s the last minute - leave it to the technology. Just pathetic ...... It seems to me that the referees dont want to use VAR to help them so what’s the point in having it ???

Nice to see all the headlines aimed at Hamza and not a peep about TAA intentionally running stoods down Youri’s Achilles.  Part of me wishes Rogers would have come out and point Klopp’s selective memory but I guess the tit for tat gets you no where.

1 minute ago, wokinghamfox said:

So what you are saying is that VAR cannot have the final say and overturn the referee's decision in the case of a penalty?. 

Not unless it’s unarguable  that it isn’t a pen. If there was no contact or if mane kicks Albrighton foot then it’s gets overturned. Otherwise it stays. that’s whats so frustrating..... the ref thinks .... ‘that’s a pen’ ..... it’s the 94th minute ..... just don’t bother blowing ..... if it really is a pen then var will help you out.  I hate conspiracy theories but other explanations are difficult 

• Like 1

Think they only use VAR to confirm that the match is at Anfield - therefore, peno to Liverpool must be the correct decision. They probably wouldn't even overturn the Morgan Faceball peno if it happened again. Like at Old Trafford, VAR came up, showed one angle that suggested Soyuncu fouled Rashford, went to the second angle which showed Soyuncu getting the ball first, then immediately turned off before it could find any more angles or zooms that might show up the decision for being wrong.

Edited by orangecity23

Wasn't it a "clear and obvious error" that the ref didn't call for a foul from Salah onto Soyuncu right before? If VAR checked for a red against Hamza, then shouldn't it have been used to give us a freekick? Unfortunately, that's not how it works, but would have loved to see it.

Hello, a Liverpool fan here. I hope you guys don't jump on me, but I do want to take the time to say that wishing Salah is injured and out of the game for a while, and that Hamza injures a few more players in the return game, is crass to say the least. You can criticise Klopp for talking about Hamza and ignoring the Alexander-Arnold incident (what manager would bring up their own player's faults willingly?) and you can discuss the Mane penalty, but there's no need to stoop to wishing injuries on players. As for the abuse that Hamza is getting, it's disgusting and I hope that the trolls who are doing it are found and prosecuted, because so far this season every time a player of colour does something the trolls come out in force and there's no need, or place, for it. Anyway, all of that aside, I'm glad to see that Rodgers is doing well with you guys and has you playing a great style of football, and whilst the game was in our favour today you'll certainly do the business against many teams as the season rolls on.

Edited by Pappy
  • Like 2

Always had some love for Liverpool after watching Rodgers build a team there. After today and listening/reading this Hamza/ Klopp Krap I can say without doubt that its gone.

Its a very strange feeling. Reading their forum is like hearing your friends talk shit about you. All done with them now. They feel like M City. Rich and plastic.

6 hours ago, treer said:

The only reason he is singling Hamza out, it is take the focus away from the Mane dive.

The match only has so many column inches in newspapers and so many minutes on radio/tv.

It is good management, he cannot be knocked for taking this line of defence.

Yes, that’s why he did it. Insincere, ungracious idiot. 

I disagree it’s good management. I don’t like this style- it just taints the game we love. Instead he should have pointed out how many clear chances they had, how many good stops Kasper made , how few attempts on goal they had restricted us to and how well his team had played to do that to the third placed team with a reputation of being a young talented attacking team.

Nope, still dislike the bloke. I can’t be bothered watching his post match interviews anymore, but if anyone does, see if he praises the day’s opposition in any way.

55 minutes ago, ozleicester said:

If Mane was Vardy we would say well done

If Hamza was TAA we'd be calling for red

Disappointing to lose at the last minute, we ran them tight in the last 25 mins and deserved a draw.

I wouldn't. Probably I real time, but not after seeing it back, its a yellow card for any team. But agree with you on your 1st point, and to be fair we have seen Vards do things similar. Just a shame it cost us the point and that VAR didn't over turn it. 

I get the impression from a few matches that refs don't like VAR as it will show up if their wrong and may show them as incompetent. And the ref on the VAR doesn't want to show up the ref too much unless it's absolutely clear it's a genuine mistake

1 minute ago, fox_favourite said:

I wouldn't. Probably I real time, but not after seeing it back, its a yellow card for any team. But agree with you on your 1st point, and to be fair we have seen Vards do things similar. Just a shame it cost us the point and that VAR didn't over turn it. 

I get the impression from a few matches that refs don't like VAR as it will show up if their wrong and may show them as incompetent. And the ref on the VAR doesn't want to show up the ref too much unless it's absolutely clear it's a genuine mistake

This is my one issue with VAR in its current guise. I understand perfectly well that they don't want to embarrass/undermine the refs by overturning their decisions for them. But why aren't the refs taking the opportunity to have a look at key incidents again on a pitch side monitor, so they can be more certain about what just happened? It would be less embarrassing/undermining if they themselves are allowed to reverse their own decisions.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, wokinghamfox said:

That's not even close to what he said.

It has to be a "clear and obvious error".  This was not (and that's why Albrighton - albeit unnecessarily - apologized for it afterwards).  Albrighton did step on his foot - it was a soft foul and Mane sold it to the hilt, but the fact that it was a foul at all means it's not for VAR to overturn it.  Don't blame VAR for not doing something it's not supposed to do - blame the ref for giving a soft pen in the 93rd minute.

6 hours ago, treer said:

you are on the wrong track blaming var.

The referee has given the penalty,

Var can only advise the referee has to whether it is a clear and obvious error.

Which it is not.Blame the ref for bias, but it is not the fault of var.

Penalties

The most subjective and arguably problematic area. Penalties can be awarded or rescinded using VAR if there has been a 'clear and obvious error' in the original decision. 

7 hours ago, ALC Fox said:

Hamza's tackle was late and he deserved the yellow. But he definitely went for the ball. He's a full-blooded, all-action, fully committed type of player, and there's always a chance he'll come in late against pacy, tricky players like Salah.

Hopefully Salah is ok but no way did Hamza deserve a red. The way he caught Salah's ankle is a real fluke. Classic deflection tactics from Klopp.

And anyone giving Hamza racist abuse can seriously get in the bin. We don't need people like them in football, or indeed society in general. Educate yourselves you ignorant pr!cks.

He definitely didn’t go for the ball, he took him down intentionally and took one for the team. You see it every week, and his yellow was deserved, but nothing more than a yellow. End of. 

2 hours ago, Hawk17 said:

What a ****ing tool.

Yes mate, the ref was out to get you. 

That's why TAA got to stand on Youri's achilles and walked away with nothing.

Thats why Mane threw himself down a full second after Albrighton's challenge clutching the wrong ****ing ankle and was awarded a penalty.

You didn't seem to have any problem with the ref then Jurgen? You were giving Mane a bloody hug presumably commending him on his acting skills.

But yeah lets single out Hamza making a professional foul thats a straight yellow in anyones book end of story. Cause thats what should be focused on.

Think the bloke just doesn't like the fact Leicester wasn't scared of his team whatsoever.

He knows full well that the referee was on their side today. 

He also knows full well that 99% of Liverpool supporters won’t have seen the game but will have seen his interview.

The more he makes it seem like he’s been hard done by, the more the cult of Klopp is solidified, the more everybody else is out to get them.

We've played Klopp teams 9 times now in the league, he’s complained strongly about the referee after 3 of them (yesterday, when they won 3-2 when Shakespeare was manager and the 1-1 last season). I don’t think the Leicester manager has complained strongly about the referee 3 times in any game since Pearson left. Even Pearson just refused to answer questions about it by the end.

Klopp knows exactly what he’s doing and it’s really unpleasant, particularly when you see the sadly inevitable consequences of such one-eyed tin foil nonsense. God knows there’s enough blow hards using their public platform to wind up uninformed members of the public as it is.

Why does Klopp also say 'yeah good tackle' in a sarcastic way as if that's what the ref thinks? 

The ref gave a foul and a yellow card. Clearly thinks it's not a good tackle? 

I used to be able to tolerate Klopp but after his comments yesterday it's turned me. Comes across as a massive bellend after that. 

8 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I think in a way this isn’t an issue, but I think the way VAR has been portrayed is different to how it actually is used. 

What ‘clear and obvious’ was deemed to be was that it was going to eradicate all officials errors, but times like today, a clear ‘overreaction’ (maybe not dive, as there was contact - albeit minimal and still looking to deceive officials) was not picked up on and corrected. 

Red cards are nearly just as dubious too.

var should be like an appeal court and independently tell it like it is.... the current system seeks to spare the refs blushes