Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
treer

Klopp showing his skill as manager

Just now, Dan LCFC said:

If you ever wanted proof how biased the media are towards Liverpool then the reaction to this one will tell you basically everything.

Of all the big clubs they get most favourable coverage. Arsenal and Chelsea get absolute savaged. Man City are ignored.

Quite frankly I couldn't care less what Jurgen Klopp thinks.

The only "skill" he's shown in targeting Hamza in his post match interview is that of being a first class hypocrite when he ignores TAA on Tielemans and Mane diving to win a penalty.

Hamza's tackle was late and he deserved the yellow. But he definitely went for the ball. He's a full-blooded, all-action, fully committed type of player, and there's always a chance he'll come in late against pacy, tricky players like Salah.

Hopefully Salah is ok but no way did Hamza deserve a red. The way he caught Salah's ankle is a real fluke. Classic deflection tactics from Klopp.

And anyone giving Hamza racist abuse can seriously get in the bin. We don't need people like them in football, or indeed society in general. Educate yourselves you ignorant pr!cks.

The original post is spot in, even Danny Murphy on MOTD called it "deflection" from the true headline that a cheating striker has won a penalty which has changed the result of the game.

The thing I didn't like from the Sky version of the interview is when Klopp says "He has to calm down", I take that as a general comment not just about this incident. Whilst you continue to field cheats that ruin the morality of the game we'll pass on having you give our players advice thank you.

We need to remember that if we're acting like these challenges are alien to the modern game, champions Man City don't just have one player (although when Fernandinho is in DM it's usually him) but an entire management enforced policy to bring down breaking through opponents and "take one for the team".

It shows a very unprofessional approach from Klopp. A dangerous one - we are seeing the effects on social media since his “attack” on Hamza. 

If he was so angry with the tackle. Talk to the officials, yes. Talk to Brendan, yes. Even talk to Hamza. Don’t go on national TV and bad mouth a 22 year old for effectively miss-timing a tackle where his foot was down and there was no hard impact on the recipient. Basically what happens in every game in every league every bloody week.

Klopp, in my opinion caused, indirectly a lot of the ****** to attack Hamza tonight. It seems to be the way for a few managers to “go after” those from “smaller clubs”. Klopp tends to be one the main culprits.

Professionalism seems to be lacking from professional football in this new day and age. This is an example of it. Shameful. 

• Like 4

Hamza deserves an a apology from Klopp here, using him to deflect away from his cheating team is out of order.

It’s probably a stretch to say he’s caused the racist comments towards Hamza but given the state of some of their fans i’d imagine they don’t need much encouragement

Klopp's comments as well as Bruce's have made Hamza a marked man. Next time he makes a miss timed tackle,  he's getting a red. I wish Brendan had done the same regarding Mane, he's a cheat who is a serial diver. Brendan is a bit of a media darling and should use his platform to highlight Mane’s s blatant cheating. Two can play at that game. 

Edited by sm1

31 minutes ago, Corky said:

Both Alexander-Arnold's and Choudhury's challenges were yellow cards.

Klopp would be seething if his own player was sent off for that.

Interested (genuinely, not trying to be at all inflammatory) as to why you only see the Alexander Arnold one as a yellow? It's so deliberate and his only intention is to hurt YT. Cannot believe that wasn't a red but equally not surprised that they just glossed over it.

2 minutes ago, sm1 said:

Klopp's comments as well as Bruce's have made Hamza a marked man. Next time he makes a miss timed tackle,  he's getting a red. I wish Brendan had done the same regarding Mane, he's a cheat who is a serial diver. Brendan is a bit of a media darling and should use his platform to highlight Mane’s s blatant cheating. Two can play at that game. 

Liverpool's card will be marked too a bit after this afternoon. TAA/Mane's shenanigans could come back to bite them after today.

Edited by Blue ROI
  • Like 1

Lets not call Mane a cheat but lets say he is clever and took a big risk at the end of the game. Lets face it the worst would've been a booking. He dived there is no doubt about that and got away with it. I cannot comprehend why both the ref and VAR decided otherwise 

As for Klopp my respect for him was great but now stands at zero. 

14 minutes ago, wokinghamfox said:

Lets not call Mane a cheat but lets say he is clever and took a big risk at the end of the game. Lets face it the worst would've been a booking. He dived there is no doubt about that and got away with it. I cannot comprehend why both the ref and VAR decided otherwise 

As for Klopp my respect for him was great but now stands at zero. 

you are on the wrong track blaming var.

The referee has given the penalty,

Var can only advise the referee has to whether it is a clear and obvious error.

Which it is not.Blame the ref for bias, but it is not the fault of var.

• Like 1