Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

2 hours ago, North Leeds Fox said:

Malang Sarr, was very highly rated and has played over 100 league matches for nice and only 21 in jan. Seemed to come through as a promising cb but recently played a lot at lb. Not having the greatest season but could be a player rodgers could develop. Wonder whether he would be worth looking at as a cb but also a reserve lb when Fuchs goes.  

Good player, very small though for a CB I think? 

11 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Watch quite a bit of the MLS and he’s a great finisher for sure, Id have concerns over him making the step and the MLS would demand around £20m+ for him if you were to use Almiron as a gauge.

On the subject of Almiron he played in the same side as Martinez and tore the MLS to shreds and has struggled big time in the EPL.

His goal scoring record is phenomenal I know the MLS is like Championship level, but we could do with a backup striker and he would fit the bill.

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

In fairness that’s a bit harsh to say he’s struggled big time. Newcastle fans absolutely love him, he’s just been unlucky/poor in front of goal. A lot of them think once he grabs his first goal he’ll kick on. But they do rate him. 

They like him as he works hard, he's yet to score a single goal though and he was brought to chip in with goals as he done in the MLS.  Given he's their record transfer at £20m+ and 12 months in he's yet to score a single goal I'd say he's disappointed.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

His goal scoring record is phenomenal I know the MLS is like Championship level, but we could do with a backup striker and he would fit the bill.

If the Almiron fee is anything to go by then they'd want circa £25m for him which is a lot of money for a player from the MLS imo.  If your spending that sorta cash there would be far less risky options than him imo.  Also it's probably a total non-starter as he doesn't do anywhere near enough off the ball to survive in a Rodgers side, he's very much your old fashioned penalty box striker.

52 minutes ago, henrik_62 said:

They like him as he works hard, he's yet to score a single goal though and he was brought to chip in with goals as he done in the MLS.  Given he's their record transfer at £20m+ and 12 months in he's yet to score a single goal I'd say he's disappointed.

Hmm. He’s incredibly popular though so I’d say he’s disappointed in front of goal rather than ‘struggled big time’

12 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

Watch quite a bit of the MLS and he’s a great finisher for sure, Id have concerns over him making the step and the MLS would demand around £20m+ for him if you were to use Almiron as a gauge.

On the subject of Almiron he played in the same side as Martinez and tore the MLS to shreds and has struggled big time in the EPL.

Martinez was the main main still even when Almiron was at Atlanta. I always thought Newcastle went after the wrong player. I've been a massive advocate of Josef Martinez on here for the best part of 18 months now and would love to see him in a Leicester shirt

8 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Hmm. He’s incredibly popular though so I’d say he’s disappointed in front of goal rather than ‘struggled big time’

We'll need to agree to disagree here I think but your record signing, who happens to be an attacker, who scored a glut of goals at his previous club, not breaking his duck within a year would suggest a fairly significant struggle to me, irrespective of fan opinion.  A quick google of Newcastle blogs there suggests he isn't as popular as your making out also, for example, https://www.geordiebootboys.com/opinion/newcastle-fans-have-big-doubts-over-miguel-almiron/

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, TiffToff88 said:

Martinez was the main main still even when Almiron was at Atlanta. I always thought Newcastle went after the wrong player. I've been a massive advocate of Josef Martinez on here for the best part of 18 months now and would love to see him in a Leicester shirt

Having watched him do you really think he does enough off the ball for Rodgers to even remotely entertain?  In my opinion I really don't think so. Him and De Boer apparently have a bit of a frosty relationship due to this also, guess in the MLS he'll get away with it due to the volume of goals he scores.  He also strikes me as someone who would need to play week in week out to maintain that match sharpness that makes him such a deadly finisher, cameos and impact substitute roles wouldn't suit him I don't think.

Edited by henrik_62
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, henrik_62 said:

We'll need to agree to disagree here I think but your record signing, who happens to be an attacker, who scored a glut of goals at his previous club, not breaking his duck within a year would suggest a fairly significant struggle to me, irrespective of fan opinion.  A quick google of Newcastle blogs there suggests he isn't as popular as your making out also, for example, https://www.geordiebootboys.com/opinion/newcastle-fans-have-big-doubts-over-miguel-almiron/

Yeah I get your point but as we know pure goals aren’t always key to an attackers prowess and influence on the team. See Okazaki and Albrighton. 

Fair enough, I know a lot of toon fans that rave about him. 

31 minutes ago, car1os said:

As we could do with a winger, anyone fancy a punt on Ryan Fraser? Has a decent end product and his contract is up this summer...

Yeah possibly, think we could do better though given the money we will have to strengthen. Our squad is spot on and any additions are going to ideally be next level to improve what we already have. Fraser is decent but it's the one position we are missing a superstar in.

Nobody wants Benrahma ? Ghezzal Yes but Not  Benrahma ? His is stranger, who  has a huge talent

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vx4vfZofwS0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UABTbweLWYs

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2Z3Z3mRNAA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oQEkLHZK7C8&t=4

https://twitter.com/Super6/status/1198995528496943105

https://twitter.com/BrentfordFC/status/1198659734313865218

the last season:

10 Goal

14 assist

https://www.skysports.com/football/news/11677/11867415/aston-villa-retain-interest-in-brentfords-said-benrahma-ahead-of-january-transfer-window

Aston Villa remain interested in Brentford winger Said Benrahma ahead of the January transfer window, Sky Sports News understands.

The Midlands club put in a number of offers for the Algeria international during the summer but could not agree a deal with the Bees, who value him at £20m.

Edited by DesertFennec

3 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

Going off your name I take it there’s absolutely no bias involved in putting forward Benrahma ;) 

Not a bad player, same question as most good Championship wingers tho, can they deliver the numbers when they step up. 

no bias, it is a player is ignored,, this player is not unknown, it is a great young player of ogc Nice in France, a career similar to Mahrez at 24 year, in second division

This is the best choice for Leicester, The player needs confidence, and a confident team like Leicester this season

Edited by DesertFennec
  • Like 2

11 hours ago, Heymister2015 said:

Demirel, Bowen and Dennis

I’m not sure about Bowen, looks a great player at championship level but not convinced he could make the step-up and be as effective, lacks a good bit of pace. Different types of players of course but could see parallels with how Che Adams has struggled since making the step up.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, henrik_62 said:

I’m not sure about Bowen, looks a great player at championship level but not convinced he could make the step-up and be as effective, lacks a good bit of pace. Different types of players of course but could see parallels with how Che Adams has struggled since making the step up.

Not just Adams but someone much closer to home. 

Anthony-Knockaert.jpg?w968h681

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Not just Adams but someone much closer to home. 

Anthony-Knockaert.jpg?w968h681

he came to mind whenever i read people interested in Bowen, pace is something that can't be coached and vital in this league. absolute pipe dream but Ziyech would be my pick.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Good player, very small though for a CB I think? 

I had watched him a couple of times and seen a few videos but he never looked that small but just seen that he is a bit smaller than wes without the strength. Think it's a pass on that one then as playing Burnley would be a nightmare!  lol 

27 minutes ago, Harry96 said:

Unless they can finish they're just show ponies to me. No matter how many YT videos they have and how fast they can run.