Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

13 minutes ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Maybe he loves Candle in the Wind

Great, now the thread is going to fill up with shit Elton John song name "jokes" quicker than you can flounce off and "quit" again. 

Edited by Finnegan
  • Haha 4

If you guys need reminded of the goal machine that is  'El Bufalo' then here you are. Just the player you want for next seasons CL adventure. You better be quick and have a spare £50M in the kitty.

His 12th and 13th European goals in 11 starts. Catch them both at 3:12 & 4:46

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kp3cvp_38J8

Edited by Bearman
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Going to have to disagree with you there mate. Think he could become a 10-15 goal per season premier league striker fairly comfortably. Really rate him.

Fair enough mate - I don't think he would personally and I think the guy's post above quoting 50 million for him is so far wide of the mark. 

People seem to think he's having an excellent season because he's not getting sent off as much. No doubt he's too good for that level but Leigh Griffiths on song was a rung above him (and I say that as someone who watches a depressingly high amount of Scottish footy) and I wouldn't have ever fancied him to make it down here either (semi decent stint at a league one Wolves aside).

I wouldn't be surprised if Morelos was handy enough in the top tier south of the border but I fear whoever buys him will be overpaying.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Finnegan said:

If Morelos had to play actual professional defenders every week they'd be in his ear getting him sent off every game. 

I don't think the better the defender, the more adept they are at winding opposition players up. If anything, the lower the level the less professional a player might be and more interested in individual wars than trying to win football matches. Morelas has a screw loose like Suarez but eventually the penny drops if they want to be successful. 

The SPL is dog shit but he's got 13 goals in the Europa league already which is very good. He has something about him but likely be priced way too much for the risk.

52 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I don't think the better the defender, the more adept they are at winding opposition players up. If anything, the lower the level the less professional a player might be and more interested in individual wars than trying to win football matches. Morelas has a screw loose like Suarez but eventually the penny drops if they want to be successful. 

The SPL is dog shit but he's got 13 goals in the Europa league already which is very good. He has something about him but likely be priced way too much for the risk.

I spoke to some rangers fans last week and there are very strong rumours up in Glasgow that were are showing an interest.

• Like 1

Beautiful thing is, we've become one of the best clubs in Europe for young players to join. A lot of the names mentioned will appreciate the opportunity here to play and develop. Regardless of whether they see it as a stepping stone, the appeal to prove themselves here and still play Champions League football is something a lot of other teams won't be able to offer. So, provided their wage demands aren't ridiculous, we're high in the pecking order I feel. Seeing big European names like Tielemans thrive in this team is a huge plus. 

• Like 2

If we are looking for a striker to come in and automatically dominate the Prem, then Morelos might not be that guy.... but it can work getting someone is that’s played at a lesser standard if we just give them some time to settle in. Given that if we get someone in in January or end of the season it doesn’t mean we’d be casting Vardy to the scrap heap, id be up for getting Morelos in.

Imagine the scenes if we got him for Benkovic and 15m....

Guest BlueBrett
On 29/11/2019 at 17:57, Ric Flair said:

They agreed first option on him a few years ago as it's the same club they signed Richarlison from. A few big clubs have tried to steam in and cut Watford out but they've been unable to.

Richarlison is a player I really like actually. He'd be an outstanding apprentice to Vardy, many of the same strengths and I'm sure JV could teach him loads. Unrealistic as a target though obviously unless Everton end up going down which seems unlikely. I mean they're rubbish but there are definitely 3 worse teams.

Dominico Berardi  for Sassuolo.

I've mentioned this guy a few times now over the years and think he'd be a great addition to the squad and he's becoming more realistic with our reputation increasing. Still only 25 years old, 7 goals so far in Italy in an average side. 

I'd imagine £40m to £50m would be the fee as I think a few teams might go in for him... 

**Edit - a quick Google says he's keen on a Liverpool move 😥

Edited by Collymore

21 hours ago, Bossman Blessed It said:

Beautiful thing is, we've become one of the best clubs in Europe for young players to join. A lot of the names mentioned will appreciate the opportunity here to play and develop. Regardless of whether they see it as a stepping stone, the appeal to prove themselves here and still play Champions League football is something a lot of other teams won't be able to offer. So, provided their wage demands aren't ridiculous, we're high in the pecking order I feel. Seeing big European names like Tielemans thrive in this team is a huge plus. 

Great post.