Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
MPH

How would you improve the team in January?

15 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

Call me ITK if you like but heres a few bits of information to get you started... a storms a brewin / some lad from Valencia's signing (I cant reveal the name until its done) / big daddys, daddy is on plane to France / Maynard's page is likely to hit 1000 / sean from enderby is an ostrich 

I think this could fit to the tune of The 12 Days of Christmas with a bit of work.

• Haha 2

39 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

CB in I think. I can see us going back for Tarkowski at Burnley. We need another striker and then we can let Benkovic and Iheanacho go out on loan and get game time. Mendy to be sold off also I think. 

We wont spend 50m on a CB certainly not in Jan infact never.

We will find another gem else where 

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

CB in I think. I can see us going back for Tarkowski at Burnley. We need another striker and then we can let Benkovic and Iheanacho go out on loan and get game time. Mendy to be sold off also I think. 

Not a chance that a) we spend £40-50m on a centre back in January and b) someone like Tarkowski would come here and at best sit on the bench. 

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

We wont spend 50m on a CB certainly not in Jan infact never.

We will find another gem else where 

17 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not a chance that a) we spend £40-50m on a centre back in January and b) someone like Tarkowski would come here and at best sit on the bench. 

Ok then, who would you go for? 

43 minutes ago, wardyfox86 said:

Gabriel Barbosa has scored twice and been sent off in the space of 5 minutes to win the Copa for Flamengo. On loan from Inter, we've been linked with him before.

He scores goals. 

Failed big time at Inter and did nothing on loan at Benfica but it wouldn't be the first time a South American succeeded in Europe after a failed first spell or two. I'd love him here and we've tracked him before, could operate in the Perez role or up front.

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Failed big time at Inter and did nothing on loan at Benfica but it wouldn't be the first time a South American succeeded in Europe after a failed first spell or two. I'd love him here and we've tracked him before, could operate in the Perez role or up front.

Josef Martinez surely should be worth a punt , I know he plays in the MLS but his goal scoring record is phenomenal. And I think he could make an impact at this level. 

13 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Josef Martinez surely should be worth a punt , I know he plays in the MLS but his goal scoring record is phenomenal. And I think he could make an impact at this level. 

Can't argue against his record, except there's been so few MLS players come over in recent years, not to mention succeed. Gabigol seemed destined to be a superstar, I think he'll get a move to either the Prem or Spain and do very well.

1 hour ago, wardyfox86 said:

Gabriel Barbosa has scored twice and been sent off in the space of 5 minutes to win the Copa for Flamengo. On loan from Inter, we've been linked with him before.

He scores goals. 

I wonder how much he would cost? After that display it will be a high price I would have thought.

From a technical point of view he's top drawer, and the Flamengo loan has done him the world of good as he moved to Inter at too young an age. The problem is I am not sure he's the type of player that could play our high intensity style right away and I think he would need quite some time to get the level of fitness and sharpness required.

Could well be worth a punt though! Ease a player like this into the squad over the next 6-8 months so he's ready to take on the league and Europe next season. For the right price, such a player would be highly appealing as he's only 23 years old and has tons of talent. Oh and we've never had a Brazilian player here before!

Only downside for me is I'm not sure he could come in and make an immediate difference either as a starter or more likely coming off the bench. But perhaps that's not necessary given how good we have been thus far.

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I wonder how much he would cost? After that display it will be a high price I would have thought.

From a technical point of view he's top drawer, and the Flamengo loan has done him the world of good as he moved to Inter at too young an age. The problem is I am not sure he's the type of player that could play our high intensity style right away and I think he would need quite some time to get the level of fitness and sharpness required.

Could well be worth a punt though! Ease a player like this into the squad over the next 6-8 months so he's ready to take on the league and Europe next season. For the right price, such a player would be highly appealing as he's only 23 years old and has tons of talent. Oh and we've never had a Brazilian player here before!

Only downside for me is I'm not sure he could come in and make an immediate difference either as a starter or more likely coming off the bench. But perhaps that's not necessary given how good we have been thus far.

Inter would let him go for £30m I reckon with a few add ons.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, wardyfox86 said:

He scores goals

and gets sent off, it would seem

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Inter would let him go for £30m I reckon with a few add ons.

I thought about this some more, but I'm not sure about him. He was recently sent off twice for play acting and has a reputation for being a bit of a party animal. Yet another Brazillian striker with a playboy attitude!

His talent is not in question, but our current side is based around humble players who who work hard for the team. The defensive work Perez puts in as an example is very impressive and it's one of the reasons why as a team we are so effective. I also think that because the player doesn't speak English natively, it would be harder to connect with the player and to get him on side from the off.

I think given the injury to Evans, CB will be our priority signing right now, and Diego Llorente who we were linked with looks like a good signing. Very similar stylistically to Laporte, who proved he could cut it over here.

• Like 2