Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

5 hours ago, Bert said:

If I vote and don’t get the result I want, can I stamp my feet and demand a revote like a spoilt little brat until I get the result that I want? That’s how it works these days isn’t it? 

You can, of course. You can also continue to campaign for your preferred option, then experience the joy of being called "undemocratic" and a "traitor" for having a different view to the majority.

• Like 1

Just now, bovril said:

You can, of course. You can also continue to campaign for your preferred option, then experience the joy of being called "undemocratic" and a "traitor" for having a different view to the majority.

Campaigning for something is absolutely fine, I don't think anyone has an issue with that - but if you don't believe in implementing election results or referendums you are undemocratic.

27 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Yeah nice try, but I was well aware you were trying to make a poor joke about the referendum.

Wasn’t even joking. It’s true. Would be saying the same if it was the leavers trying to do the same thing because I have no affiliation to either side of the shambles of what it is. You just stick to being a capo. 

5 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

But it's not is it. There's a huge difference between not liking the result and not accepting the validity and integrity of the result.

Pretty much every person that has voted remain didn’t like the result and also hasn’t accepted the validity of it else they wouldn’t be crying for revote. 

• Like 1

Just now, Bert said:

Pretty much every person that has voted remain didn’t like the result and also hasn’t accepted the validity of it else they wouldn’t be crying for revote. 

Interesting that on the one hand say that you have no interest in Politics and then make a sweeping statement like that.

I back your right to make said statement though, much like I back the rights of those campaigning to leave/remain and I'm grateful that I live in a society that allows protest and the chance to change your mind on matters. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bert said:

Wasn’t even joking. It’s true. Would be saying the same if it was the leavers trying to do the same thing because I have no affiliation to either side of the shambles of what it is. You just stick to being a capo. 

Odd thing to say.

I'll keep commenting in here if I want thanks...

2 minutes ago, Bert said:

Well yeah, but the point I was making is that it's not a case of 'oh I didn't like the result let's do it again', it's a case of 'the referendum was jam-packed full of illegality and people are more informed now, let's vote again'.

10 minutes ago, Bert said:

Your title's shining through mate.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, David Guiza said:

Interesting that on the one hand say that you have no interest in Politics and then make a sweeping statement like that.

I back your right to make said statement though, much like I back the rights of those campaigning to leave/remain and I'm grateful that I live in a society that allows protest and the chance to change your mind on matters. 

That’s because of social media. You can’t avoid the moans and groans about it all. If the vote was remain it wouldn’t have made any difference to me. I’d have been saying the same thing should it have been the other way round. Maybe it’s just me but I thought when people voted, majority ruled. 

Honestly I don't know.

I could go into detail but let's just say that the cream is hardly rising to the top amongst MP's on all sides, there are a few good and decent ones out there but the rent a quote mob are drowning them out.

I voted remain in 2016 and i'm still staunchly remain so on that point alone i'll probably vote Lib Dem (it won't matter Bridgen will probably walk it in N W Leicestershire!)  

Undecided. I'm in Sheffield Heeley, so will probably hold my nose and vote Labour despite the many flaws in their current position and administration. It's all about picking the lesser evil as a voter this time around really which sucks for all of us. An unfettered Boris-led nasty party though? No thanks.

I voted remain, but think Brexit should've been delivered. However, they have had long enough to sort it out and proved utterly incapable of doing so. Brexiteers should be absolutely fuming with this government. I'm not particularly in favour of a second referendum, but I do think it's completely legitimate and democratic to vote for a party supporting revocation of Article 50 given the omnishambles that has unfolded over the past few years.

• Like 3

Boris Johnson will fail to win a majority in the UK general election if just a third of Remainers vote tactically against the Conservative party, new research published on Wednesday morning suggests.

https://www.businessinsider.com/boris-johnson-will-fail-to-win-election-remainers-vote-tactically-2019-10?r=US&IR=T

Interesting, but don't think enough people would get involved.

Anecdotally, among friends, colleagues and on this thread some evidence that the Tories and Lib Dems will do well and Labour may struggle.

People seem to be genuinely wanting to vote Conservative or Liberal but most Labour voters seem a bit embarrassed to be doing it out of loyalty, despite something or just because they see it as the best of a bad bunch. Will these people make the effort on a cold December night? 

Usually the most passionate voting bases win when something is close.

2 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Quite apart from the positive element of trying to vote the environment up the agenda, I'd struggle to vote Lib Dem unless I was in a Tory/LD marginal as I find their "revoke" policy on Brexit completely undemocratic.

Why so? They have said that they will only revoke if they actually gain a majority. In that case enough people will have voted for them for that to be so. Democracy in action. The electorate are quite entitled to change their mind, particularly when they’ve been lied to by an unprecedentedly cynical campaign over 3 years ago.

In a seat that has traditionally swung from Lib Dem to Conservative so this will be quite interesting. Leave won in the referendum here, I voted remain so technically I should probably vote Lib Dem but I'm totally fed up with this paralysis I might end up voting Con for the want of getting things moving. 

Matt Hancock.

"Hey look, how about you hire us to rebuild your house? I mean, yeah we might have been the ones who bulldozed it unnecessarily, but you can trust us to make it 90% as good as it was!"

Snivelling, greasy little toad. Embarrassing.

Edited by RoboFox
  • Haha 2

Just now, David Guiza said:

On the topic of Matt Hancock, I did enjoy him mentioning that new cancer treatments are being rolled out from Wigan to Warrington, which is approximately 18 miles in distance and Barnsley to Bassetlaw, which are about 30 miles apart. 

Expect widespread changes from Leicester to Lutterworth in the near future.

Look a bit deeper and I think that language tells you a lot about the seats the Conservative party are now targetting, I think you'll be hearing a lot of Labour Midland/Northern towns in interviews and debates from the Tories media monkeys.