Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

BBC should agree to a Sunday morning hour long slot and then Andrew Neil should walk out and be introduced by Marr.

This sort of thing is ridiculous. It shouldn't be down to the candidates.  The electoral commission should be charged with agreeing terms with broadcasters and for potential PMs it should be mandatory.  Don't turn up, don't stand. 

How anybody can vote for Boris is beyond me. The bloke is an absolute pleb. 

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

Why? It's not fair coverage cutting them out when they offered a representative, the former environment secretary no less, but the rest refused to debate him, it shouldn't be up to them.

I didn't know they offered a representative.

Why didn't Boris go though?

Boris needs to do the Neil interview, end of.

Tories are also right though to boycott C4 - who are political activists rather than news reporters when it comes to politics and that sculpture pretty much proves it.

On 27/11/2019 at 20:36, MattP said:

If he were to turn it down they should actually do that.

It would be completely unacceptable for every leader to be scrutinised by Neil except the Prime Minister - I'll make a promise here, if he doesn't do it. I won't vote for him. A coward can't get my vote to lead the country. 

Everyone knows Nick Griffin is the best man at your wedding.....it's quite obvious who you are voting for.l

The City of Leicester has to be one of the Labour Party’s strongest of strongholds.It has been for some time now.Even in their disastrous European election campaign,Leicester was still about the only place on the map to go red.Vaz might have done his best to change this some what,but I’d still be surprised if they lose Leicester East.

12 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

The greatest con in the history of politics was the tories convincing the working man to vote for them. 

I can't believe that anyone who isn't a multi millionaire thinks that they represent their interests. 

With reference to channel 4, Boris should be contractually obliged as sitting Prime Minister to debate. There's a very good reason why the party won't let him though, isn't there? His consistent track record of racist, sexist, and homophobic remarks. 

Just incase anybody thinks I'm slandering here is a history of these remarks, complete with sources :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1XzAujyzN9JxpUl9rN7EIIX0AlgaXL8rE/view

30 minutes ago, WigstonWanderer said:

What a cowardly cvnt! And you lot are going to elect the slimy w@nker as PM! Jesus!

It's not his job to communicate with the general public. 

Edit - this should obviously be taken as sarcasm. 

Edited by foxile5

1 hour ago, Desabafar said:

Why? It's not fair coverage cutting them out when they offered a representative, the former environment secretary no less, but the rest refused to debate him, it shouldn't be up to them.

I'd hardly call Michael Gove a representative under any circumstances.  The bloke is an absolute fool.  

It was billed as a leaders debate on climate change.

1 hour ago, WigstonWanderer said:

Best way to sort Brexit is to cancel the project. Once out of the EU the UK will be in an appallingly weak position in its negotiations for FTAs with all the major trading parties, particularly the EU and US. Years or decades of misery, with economic and political decline to follow. Good luck.

You'll be fine over in Perth then.

I really hope Boris gets a majority, purely for the meltdown on herelol

Edited by Leicester_Loyal