Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Guest MattP

FT General Election Poll 2019

FT General Election 2019  

501 members have voted

1. 1. Which party will be getting your vote?

• Conservative
    • Labour
    • Liberal Democrats
    • Brexit Party
    • Green Party
    • Other

11 minutes ago, Desabafar said:

It has been okay Brexit has sent them mad like everyone.

They're better than the alternative and the reason they're likely to win is because the alternative is a bunch of loons. Normally it would be a change in government because the opposition would be credible.

Brexit wasn't some random disaster that hit them out of nowhere it was their fault they decided to have a refurendum, with no real plan of how to implement a leave result. 

I understand the better than the alternative school of thought thought but for me the last 9 years have been pretty shocking for the country and I'd like something meaningful to vote for other than "well we are not as bad as that guy" and just wondered if any Tory voters think it's been going well.

I'd love to read a robust arguement of why the last 9 years of government have been beneficial for the country.

Edited by The whole world smiles
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Brexit wasn't some random disaster that hit them out of nowhere it was their fault they decided to have a refurendum, with no real plan of how to implement a leave result. 

Is that a popular vote on whether to ban the fur trade? :whistle:

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, EnderbyFox said:

Spoiled ballot incoming @MattP

Horrible. I'm a man of my word though.

I'll write on the ballot paper exactly why I've done it as well.

25 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

Alternatively, as someone else suggested, maybe the BBC should have Andrew Neil walk into Marr's studio to conduct the interview?

The statement does say that Johnson will be "interviewed on Andrew Marr's programme", not "interviewed by Marr"? 

Nah! I'm sure the BBC aren't brave enough to stand up to a governing party that looks set to stay in power...

I'd fully support this if they can do it.

What a tragedy this is, the long term implications of it are very serious - it effectively ends the best piece of public scrutiny we have on our potential Prime Ministers - I mean why would anyone go on ever again if he gets away with this?

Absolutely shameful. They should refuse any Tory representation on the BBC until he agrees to face Andrew Neil. 

That's a really poor call by the BBC regardless of what's happened. 

Time for the opposition to attack Boris for running scared! This could do some damage and really should as it's a shameful, calculated and weak move by the sitting prime minister.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, MattP said:

Horrible. I'm a man of my word though.

I'll write on the ballot paper exactly why I've done it as well.

I'd fully support this if they can do it.

What a tragedy this is, the long term implications of it are very serious - it effectively ends the best piece of public scrutiny we have on our potential Prime Ministers - I mean why would anyone go on ever again if he gets away with this?

Absolutely shameful. They should refuse any Tory representation on the BBC until he agrees to face Andrew Neil. 

No one will bother reading it Matt they will bin it and shred it.

The problem with Boris he is the Tories biggest asset but also their biggest liability.  I personally think it's a mistake not facing up to A N as everyone else has had shockers and there's little doubt Boris would have suffered the same fate.

Possibly a tactical mistake from team Boris but I doubt it will make much difference to the result.

10 minutes ago, The Guvnor said:

No one will bother reading it Matt they will bin it and shred it.

The problem with Boris he is the Tories biggest asset but also their biggest liability.  I personally think it's a mistake not facing up to A N as everyone else has had shockers and there's little doubt Boris would have suffered the same fate.

Possibly a tactical mistake from team Boris but I doubt it will make much difference to the result.

The only theory I've heard that makes any sense is that no one is talking about his policies at this point. It's all down to the fact he won't do an interview; which he will agree to last minute and blame scheduling.

Hopefully Marr asks him question tomorrow something along the lines of: When we have brave citizens tackling terrorists who've been let out of prison on your governments watch; how can we vote for you when you're too cowardly to even do an interview other leaders have agreed to?

• Like 4

19 minutes ago, Tuna said:
Lib Dems voters deserting them for Labour.

That's a huge shift in the polls. We're getting into hung parliament territory on the basis of this poll. 

Will see what the others say before getting too excited though.

Apologies if I have posted similar before, I can’t remember whether I thought about posting or actually posted.

I find it hard to understand why anyone would vote for the blues or the reds at the moment. 

Both are like two groups of school bullies. One side is full of liars, the others position themselves purely to get into office.

They are both smiling at you saying they want to give you something, but aren’t telling you the bad side of the deal, exaggerating or lying to you. 

If they were your employers you would move companies. If they were your friends you would disown them. 

I liken them to drug dealers, being nice to you, then you will have to deliver a package for them. They are like groomers.

Not sure of the other parties, but if they are similar my voting card will have a drawing of a cock and balls on them before I send it off.

Conservatives would be the best option for me personally. But ethically I just can’t give them a vote as they are liars. 

Why anyone would vote for either of the two parties when they are clearly treating you like a moron is beyond me.

Draw a cock and balls and show them we won’t accept this behaviour anymore.

We should take to the streets more, but unite against both parties for treating us like idiots. They both don’t deserve your vote whatever it will mean for you personally. We need to show them they can’t treat us like this. 

Edited by Rob1742
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, The whole world smiles said:

Genuine question to the conservatives in this thread. Do you think successive Tory governments have done a good job running the country in the last 9 or so years?

And if so what particular changes or policy have you been especially pleased with?

Not a conservative fully, I've voted other parties in the past, but I will be voting Cons this time. No they haven't done a good job, but I think Labour would be even worse and Corbyn has unrealistic plans and views. The cons are unfortunately the best of a bad bunch.

Regarding Johnson and the Neil interview, I think he'll do it a couple of days before polling day.

Edited by Leicester_Loyal
  • Like 1

17 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Not a conservative fully, I've voted other parties in the past, but I will be voting Cons this time. No they haven't done a good job, but I think Labour would be even worse and Corbyn has unrealistic plans and views. The cons are unfortunately the best of a bad bunch.

Regarding Johnson and the Neil interview, I think he'll do it a couple of days before polling day.

Yeah I get the "they are better than them arguement." Personally i want a bit more than that to vote for like a good track record and a belief that they will shape the country for the better.

Polling at 42 I'd expect at least some of those to be voters to be pleased with the last 9 years.

Edited by The whole world smiles

4 minutes ago, The whole world smiles said:

Yeah I get the "they are better than them arguement." Personally i want a bit more than that to vote for like a good track record and a belief that they will shape the country for the better.

Polling at 42 I'd expect at least some of those to be voters to be pleased with the last 9 years.

I'd love to have a decent opposition party, maybe even a new party, but as long as we've got the FPTP system then we're pretty much stuck with Cons and Labour.

10 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

I'd love to have a decent opposition party, maybe even a new party, but as long as we've got the FPTP system then we're pretty much stuck with Cons and Labour.

Agreed mate I'm a labour voter but I'm looking forward to some new blood after this upcoming election loss, maybe a Keir Starmer. 

2 hours ago, Guesty said:

The only theory I've heard that makes any sense is that no one is talking about his policies at this point. It's all down to the fact he won't do an interview; which he will agree to last minute and blame scheduling.

Hopefully Marr asks him question tomorrow something along the lines of: When we have brave citizens tackling terrorists who've been let out of prison on your governments watch; how can we vote for you when you're too cowardly to even do an interview other leaders have agreed to?

You could be correct regarding the last minute agreement to face up.

The Tories manifesto is as exciting as a  magnolia painted wall, deliberately dull to avoid the car crash of 2017, surely easier to defend than Labours  radical proposals so don't understand his apprehension to face the music.

Edited by The Guvnor

1 hour ago, Tuna said:
Lib Dems voters deserting them for Labour.

If they are doing that they are absolute idiots.

Basically by voting Labour you are voting to lose your job and anything you have worked for because noone 'deserves' to be wealthy according to John McLoon. I very much hope that Labour voters will be first in the dole queue if ever these economic maniacs get in.

Corbo still doesn't have a coherent Brexit policy. He is a even bigger liar than Boris remember him being a the wreath laying for terrorists....but not actually being present. If you were a jew you would be terrified of these far left weirdos.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Priti Patel being torn to shreds by the legal community after trying to blame Labour for yesterday's terrorist attack. Really couldn't happen to a nicer woman - she is possibly one the most disgusting, vile, pretentious, lying, stuck up, smug, nasty, awful lifeforms ever to disgrace the planet. Horrific woman. 

Get off the fence man !!!!!!!!!

• Haha 2

13 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

Priti Patel being torn to shreds by the legal community after trying to blame Labour for yesterday's terrorist attack. Really couldn't happen to a nicer woman - she is possibly one the most disgusting, vile, pretentious, lying, stuck up, smug, nasty, awful lifeforms ever to disgrace the planet. Horrific woman. 

Claiming Labour brought in a rule the tories brought in themselves. And even if Labour did bring it in, they've had NINE ****ing years to change it! 

• Thanks 2