Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

England squad announcement - Euro 2020 qualifiers 07/11

Let's go through that line up: 

Pickford - Decent keeper, but liable to mad moments and arguably the reserves deserve a game. 

TAA - No arguments there 

Maguire - No arguments  

Stones - Really? Looked sloppy against Liverpool and has a mistake in him, just as Maguire does. Mings or Gomez should start, Or even Tomori tbh. 

Chilwell :wub:

Winks - Isn't defensive enough to be that base, he's a passer but not a destroyer. 

Ox - No arguments on his quality, but he barely plays for Liverpool. Would rather see Winks in this role or play Maddison... 

Mount - Maddison apparently plays tennis now.  

Sancho - No complaints here

Kane - Out of form, why isn't Tammy starting? 

Rashford - Not in form, would rather see Hudson-Odoi but was always going to be Rashford 

His reasoning is Ox and Mount can press and Ox has scored in his last 4. Maddison is a key part of our press and regularly assists and scores for us

Edited by UniFox21
  • Like 1

The team is largely a joke. Maddison is currently playing as a number 8, where oxlade 'starts 1 game in 10' chamberlain will be playing. Its ridiculous players who are in shit form or not playing regularly keep playing and get picked. Abraham and Maddison 2 of the best players in the prem on form and not picked. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Let's go through that line up: 

Pickford - Decent keeper, but liable to mad moments and arguably the reserves deserve a game. 

TAA - No arguments there 

Maguire - No arguments  

Stones - Really? Looked sloppy against Liverpool and has a mistake in him, just as Maguire does. Mings or Gomez should start, Or even Tomori tbh. 

Chilwell :wub:

Winks - Isn't defensive enough to be that base, he's a passer but not a destroyer. 

Ox - No arguments on his quality, but he barely plays for Liverpool. Would rather see Winks in this role or play Maddison... 

Mount - Maddison apparently plays tennis now.  

Sancho - No complaints here

Kane - Out of form, why isn't Tammy starting? 

Rashford - Not in form, would rather see Hudson-Odoi but was always going to be Rashford 

His reasoning is Ox and Mount can press and Ox has scored in his last 4. Maddison is a key part of our press and regularly assists and scores for us

Rashford is in pretty good form to be fair, where as Hudson Odoi can't get past Pulisic in Chelsea team. 

It’s a bloody conspiracy. So obvious that the message from the FA is ‘Play for the ‘big’ clubs and you’ll get in the England starting 11’ it’s so utterly disgraceful that the Ox walks back in. Winks isn’t even a starter for Spurs. Surprise Maguire is now almost now the first name on the team sheet when at Leicester he was ‘in the mix’ the whole thing is the FA trying to control the cash cow by rewarding players to move to protect the showcase teams who earn the overseas marketing rights. Makes me sick. Southgate is a bloody stooge and a spineless company man.

• Like 2

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

Rashford is in pretty good form to be fair, where as Hudson Odoi can't get past Pulisic in Chelsea team. 

But he isn't a 'winger' so to speak.  He's a weird mixture of a striker and a winger, whereas we need someone whose going to utilise the space out wide rather than drift as he does 

3 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

It’s a bloody conspiracy. So obvious that the message from the FA is ‘Play for the ‘big’ clubs and you’ll get in the England starting 11’ it’s so utterly disgraceful that the Ox walks back in. Winks isn’t even a starter for Spurs. Surprise Maguire is now almost now the first name on the team sheet when at Leicester he was ‘in the mix’ the whole thing is the FA trying to control the cash cow by rewarding players to move to protect the showcase teams who earn the overseas marketing rights. Makes me sick. Southgate is a bloody stooge and a spineless company man.

Chillwell's playing, besides, i'd prefer none of our players in the squad. Salah's managed to get out of playing.

Edited by yorkie1999

Just now, UniFox21 said:

But he isn't a 'winger' so to speak.  He's a weird mixture of a striker and a winger, whereas we need someone whose going to utilise the space out wide rather than drift as he does 

That's arguable, very arguable. I think Rashfords a better wide player than a striker, his pace and skill is best used on the left wing. And contrary to a lot of comments on here, he Is one of the few players picked who is in form. 

After hearing the news earlier that Southgate was choosing one of the youngest ever line-ups, I thought this was going to be it...

Pickford

TAA - Maguire - Tomori - Chilwell

Henderson - Maddison - Mount

Sancho - Kane - Abraham

• Like 1

Just now, Paddy. said:

****ing Winks? Why?

Apparently Henderson bossing man city or Maddison bossing arsenal was not comparable to Winks being given the run around by sheff United or ox watching from the bench. He does watch from the bench really well though to be fair and his hair is nice. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, TaggertvsWise said:

I agree

• Like 1

Southgate is such an overrated and sh!te manager, I really don’t know why people like him, he’s as pig-headed as hodgson was when he refused to listen to people to take Kane off corners, Southgate has already made his mind up about Maddison and his opinion won’t be changed by logic, the fact almost every England fan wants him to play, or form.

what exactly has winks or oxlade chamberlain done to deserve a start? Maddison has also been more impressive than Mount this season. If we had any of the midfield starters today and Maddison was at Chelsea I wonder if he’d start then?

cant wait til Southgate gets sacked tbh

4 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

That's arguable, very arguable. I think Rashfords a better wide player than a striker, his pace and skill is best used on the left wing. And contrary to a lot of comments on here, he Is one of the few players picked who is in form. 

But he doesn't stick in the wing, he comes inside. Everytime he runs down the line he cuts inside back into his right. Yes he's a decent player and maybe is in some form, but let's not pretend he's chosen solely on form. Whenever a forward is taken off, Rashford is brought on. 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

After hearing the news earlier that Southgate was choosing one of the youngest ever line-ups, I thought this was going to be it...

Pickford

Sancho - Kane - Abraham

Spot on but I just remembered James is still on the naughty step and he doesn't play for Liverpool, Man U or Spuds 

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Pickford

Sancho - Kane - Abraham

Should be 

Pickford

Chilwell 

Gomez

Tomori

Trent

Henderson

Maddison