Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

England squad announcement - Euro 2020 qualifiers 07/11

On 07/11/2019 at 14:02, Dahnsouff said:

England squad - Maddison included

Goalkeepers: Tom Heaton, Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope

Defenders: Trent Alexander-Arnold, Ben Chilwell, Joe Gomez, Harry Maguire, Tyrone Mings, Danny Rose, John Stones, Fikayo Tomori, Kieran Trippier

Midfielders: Ross Barkley, Fabian Delph, Jordan Henderson, James Maddison, Mason Mount, Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, Declan Rice, Harry Winks

Strikers: Tammy Abraham, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Harry Kane, Marcus Rashford, Jadon Sancho, Raheem Sterling, Callum Wilson

OOooops. Should have gone in general football - sorry mods

Soon as we play a top nation we loose, simple as that.

Shit midfield, only Maddison and Mount are exciting there.

i have no idea what Henderson does, the rest are a joke.

Big club bias, picking out of form players.

im suprised he hasnt just put Lingard in there so he has someone to cuddle.

Just now, UniFox21 said:

But he doesn't stick in the wing, he comes inside. Everytime he runs down the line he cuts inside back into his right. Yes he's a decent player and maybe is in some form, but let's not pretend he's chosen solely on form. Whenever a forward is taken off, Rashford is brought on. 

To be fair who are the other oprions better than him? Hudson Odoi is not getting in Chelseas team, until recently Abraham wasn't an option, Callum Wilson is OK but not in Rashfords league. Coming inside is what a lot of wingers do to be fair, he does pose a good goal threat and has two good feet. 

15 minutes ago, FoxyJim1987 said:

The team is largely a joke. Maddison is currently playing as a number 8, where oxlade 'starts 1 game in 10' chamberlain will be playing. Its ridiculous players who are in shit form or not playing regularly keep playing and get picked. Abraham and Maddison 2 of the best players in the prem on form and not picked. 

Totally agree, Southgate is the international manager shitposter.

i cannot fathom he has a job at this level.

Chris Sutton is growing on me. On 5 Live just now their chief football correspondent, Ian Brown, said (apparently in all seriousness) that from what he'd seen this season Mount should be ahead of Maddison. Sutton literally burst out laughing in response before making a really strong case for why Maddison is better!

Just now, FoxyJim1987 said:

To be fair who are the other oprions better than him? Hudson Odoi is not getting in Chelseas team, until recently Abraham wasn't an option, Callum Wilson is OK but not in Rashfords league. Coming inside is what a lot of wingers do to be fair, he does pose a good goal threat and has two good feet. 

Only one who would rival him without Sterling is Hudson-Odoi, but I can see why he's started Rashford.  Wouldn't say 2 strong feet, very preferential for his right foot. Hopefully he does some good today.

2 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Chris Sutton is growing on me. On 5 Live just now their chief football correspondent, Ian Brown, said (apparently in all seriousness) that from what he'd seen this season Mount should be ahead of Maddison. Sutton literally burst out laughing in response before making a really strong case for why Maddison is better!

Hmmm ex Norwich bias I think

• Like 1

I am starting to think that there’s a conspiracy against lcfc. If Maddison can’t make the England midfield on the form he is on , with the sh!t starting he may start to think he needs to leave this club. Anyone starting to think it smells a bit funky? I mean the amount of media attention that focuses on our lads being targeted by ‘the big 6’ or what Brendon must do to get a top 4 job despite being 2nd in the league I am starting to think the media is trying 

To negatively impact the club !!! Slight concerns brewing. 

Missing the point ...... he’s only playing one holding midfielder and mount offers more tackling quality than madders ..... it was ox or madders and the manager clearly thinks he doesn’t want to play madders on his debut with the lack of experience that provides when paired with mount  ..... madders will get on later 

fwiw, Southgate is out of his depth .......

Looking at our midfield, there's not one player in our squad you'd trust to sit at the base of a midfield.  Rice does in a two and Winks is compensated for physically by Ndombele and Sissoko. We lack a destroyer, someone who reads the game well enough to pick off issues before they get to our back 4