Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Dahnsouff

England squad announcement - Euro 2020 qualifiers 07/11

10 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

Not seen any leaked team news for this one yet. 

Anyone seen anything?

The Express and The Daily Star have done predicted line ups which differ from one another so I think it's still unknown. Fair chance Maddison starts though based on who is available.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

The Express and The Daily Star have done predicted line ups which differ from one another so I think it's still unknown. Fair chance Maddison starts though based on who is available.

Wouldn't be surprised to see him start Mount, its the 1000th game and all that so I expect him to want to use the "upcoming academy products". 

I reckon it'll be

Pickford 

Trippier/TAA Maguire Mings Chilwell/Rose 

Rice 

Ox                           Mount 

Sancho Kane Rashford 

Unsure of the fullbacks as they get a game each so its a random pick between the two, probably be Trippier and Rose though. 

edit: Henderson suspended

Edited by UniFox21

13 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Did you look at the poll results in that article?  The people have spoken

SkyPix.JPG.73c2c6ba56f3de50c88cf037c5e60710.JPG

The Vardy survey is pointless tbh, we have England's second top goalscorer in the squad whose like 22. He'll probably get 15 mins as Kane will never be dropped, So there's 0 point Vardy considering coming back. 

Thing is, as we've seen, Rodgers has somehow been able to turn Vardy into the best striker in the prem, would Southgate be capable of doing that? somehow i doubt it. Has Southgate even got a style of football or is it just a case of picking the top players and saying get on with what you do at your clubs. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Sammy said:

Can't even claim it's a 'big club bias' given Chilwell keeps getting starts, Southgate clearly has some sort of problem with Maddison

But he's binned off Vardy and Rose has actually started plenty ahead of Chilwell.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, davieG said:

Part of the problem is that the more Madders is pushed by everyone to start the he'll dig his heels in to show who's the Boss.

If that’s his outlook then he has no right being England manager. You pick your best players who are in the best form. End of story. Leave your superiority complex at the door. 

Understand you’re just playing devils advocate mate. 

• Like 2

maddison should be starting over mount really, cos they play in a similar position except maddison is better. he's not competing with winks. winks should probably be nowhere near the squad anyway, but i'm not sure who's better really. rice? he's rubbish too. 

it's genuinely just quite funny that maddison isn't playing now. like he has been the best creative midfielder in the league this season, not even just the best english one. literally nobody knows why he isn't starting. i'm kinda enjoying the drama. 

• Like 2