Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Match of the Day 2019/2020

9 minutes ago, davieG said:

He's like Savage only uses the Leicester connection if it's beneficial to his career.

Loved his tour of Everton, Spurs and Barcelona and why not I guess - but players can be glory hunting boys with the clubs they 'support'

Lineker should be different though, he was a boyhood fan, we weren't just another club to him. No other fan would have said that, no fan would want relegation. You can be annoyed at the decision whilst also seeing the bigger picture.

Freeman's Wharfer was correct about him being out of touch- he wasn't there throughout the decade outside the top flight and all the difficulties we faced.

As for Maguire- I liked him as a player, seems like a good bloke and gave us decent service, but that's all it was. He won't go down as one of our greats, he wasn't faultless and at times the defence with him looked all over the place. The media seem to have decided he was rock solid for us and we were privileged to have had him. if people want to boo him- fine. He can cope, it's harmless really given what some players have to put up with.

4 minutes ago, Corky said:

Lineker should be different though, he was a boyhood fan, we weren't just another club to him. No other fan would have said that, no fan would want relegation. You can be annoyed at the decision whilst also seeing the bigger picture.

Freeman's Wharfer was correct about him being out of touch- he wasn't there throughout the decade outside the top flight and all the difficulties we faced.

As for Maguire- I liked him as a player, seems like a good bloke and gave us decent service, but that's all it was. He won't go down as one of our greats, he wasn't faultless and at times the defence with him looked all over the place. The media seem to have decided he was rock solid for us and we were privileged to have had him. if people want to boo him- fine. He can cope, it's harmless really given what some players have to put up with.

Oh I agree that’s why I said he’s a glory boy and now gets all his “fan” knowledge from the various media sources, which often way off the mark and his Twitter feed.

Glad I can't watch it out here.

2 hours of failed ex-managers (sorry, I should have said expert pundits!) droning & waffling on about incidents in the magnificent 15 minutes of the generous football footage.

Thai commentators are so much better. Mainly because I can't understand a word they say! 

• Thanks 1

They only lauded Maguire because they're trying to justify the stupid price for an English player.

The Ndidi volley late on come from Maguire missing his header and Maddison's shot early on come from Maguire being in no mans land and missing the header.

I didn't boo him at first but he started to annoy me moaning at the linesman for no reason just because Vardy beat him for pace.

57 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They only lauded Maguire because they're trying to justify the stupid price for an English player.

The Ndidi volley late on come from Maguire missing his header and Maddison's shot early on come from Maguire being in no mans land and missing the header.

I didn't boo him at first but he started to annoy me moaning at the linesman for no reason just because Vardy beat him for pace.

Been doing that since the World Cup, became a weekly feature last season in a blue shirt

1 hour ago, Fox92 said:

Spot on.

Didn't watch the England match, but from what I read Maguire looked pretty shaky. His performance v Palace came in for a lot of criticism too.

He looked better yesterday because we were so narrow and negative and created nothing for Vardy. Any defender can look good when the opposition just play sideways, or backward passes.

Man Utd are a bang average team and certainly the worst Man Utd team I've watched in the P/L.

They were there for the taking - So what intent did we show? We played Ndidi & Choudhury, dropped our best in form wingers to put Gray in, and stuck Maddison on the left wing.

We gifted them the game.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

EDIT: SORRY. WRONG THREAD! ......but anyways.....As we all tend to do, we focus on our own poor display and offer no credit to the oppo. 

Ignore the fact of who they are and where we were playing....man for man they were a bang average, routine premier league side. Which is simply never an easy game whether  it's Man Utd red or Southampton stripes or Everton blue etc etc

I thought Mctominay had a blinder. I had no idea he was so big and strong. They has some tidy triangles to get out of us pinning them into a tight spot. They  were organised enough only twice let us get in a ball over the top. And they looked far better at set pieces.

That all said, Maddison was head and shoulders the best player. I type it out after Stoke in the friendly and Chelsea away, but the lad is reaching Hazard level ability. He's picking the ball up absolutely anywhere on the pitch, wriggles and turns his way out of trouble and sets us on our way. Enjoy this lad. He's helluva player.

Edited by Paninistickers

6 hours ago, UpTheLeagueFox said:

We let them have a goal start as well, due to the original fixture being abandoned because of Clive Clarke's illness, with Forest leading 1-0

That's the one. The Keeper Paul Smith being allowed to score.

Match of the Day running order:

Manchester City 8-0 Watford

Leicester City 2-1 Tottenham Hotspur

Everton 0-2 Sheffield United

Burnley 2-0 Norwich City

Newcastle 0-0 Brighton

Southampton 1-3 Bournemouth

39 minutes ago, Corky said:

We should be on first. A very entertaining game, one with incidents, talking points, far better than a one-sided stroll.

It was a really exciting game of football without the VAR nonsense. It’s a shame that such a good spectacle will be remembered for the VAR rather than the quality of the game in the short term.

1 minute ago, TheUltimateWinner said:

Wtf why are we being criticised for winning?!! **** off

Because how dare Leicester play well and beat a top 6 side

Need to show that somehow we didn't deserve it (how crap we were going forward in the first half according to Cahill)

• Like 1