Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Match of the Day 2019/2020

3 minutes ago, irishfoxkev said:

Whoever does the editing for this is abysmal....one of the best moves of the match early on when Barnes just couldn’t get good connection left out

No sign of Sissokos out of control two footed lunge on Madders....Absolute rubbish reflection of the match I saw 

Sad thing is as it was on BT Sky don’t have it listed to show their half hour of highlights which is normally good and fair 

Please tweet this to motd, the show needs shutting down, get rid of Lineker and his millions wage packet, give the over 75's their free licence back, the show is garbage. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Why do they need to keep regurgitating the same old moans about VAR it is what it is.  Both goals were off side move on and spend what little time you have talking about the actual football of which in an interesting and exciting game there were plenty of examples.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

14 minutes ago, TK95 said:

Rubbish highlights and quite lazy analysis tbh. But expect that when you upset the top six :whistle:

Analysis is bloody terrible. Same tired cliches over and over based on one or two clips.

"Not enough bodies in the box"

"They wanted it more"

"It's about poor mentality and lack of leadership"

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Goober said:

Cahill may be the worst they've ever had on there. Bloke has me pining for ****ing Jenas

Punditry isn't about footballing knowledge or insight, it seems, more the ability to look relaxed in a shirt and to be recognisable. 

Shearer and Cahill might have well sat exhaling hot air. 

1 hour ago, Charl91 said:

Analysis is bloody terrible. Same tired cliches over and over based on one or two clips.

"Not enough bodies in the box"

"They wanted it more"

"It's about poor mentality and lack of leadership"

That is ex pros for you.

All about blood and thunder and giving it their all.

Most of them hate the style of football most teams play now in terms of passing the ball around - ok it does look silly if it goes wrong like Arsenal last week but its just the way the modern game has developed.

Having said that some fans think like that too.

• Like 1

Guest seanfox778

The worst thing about Tim Cahill is that he does Sky Sports punditry also so you can’t escape him. Hopefully some kind of Transformers robot war breaks out in the universe and the Autobots summon him.

No time to look at sissokos challenge....  i was keen to know why ref didnt go to var over potential red card

The disallowed ndiddi goal. ... surely ayoze is moving out as ball comes in... not interfering with play.  The goalie then parrys the ball to ayoze so he cant be off side from then on

Edited by foxinsocks

12 minutes ago, foxinsocks said:

No time to look at sissokos challenge....  i was keen to know why ref didnt go to var over potential red card

The disallowed ndiddi goal. ... surely ayoze is moving out as ball comes in... not interfering with play.  The goalie then parrys the ball to ayoze so he cant be off side from then on

He is offside when the shot is taken. That's all that matters.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

He is offside when the shot is taken. That's all that matters.

Yes - He is inactive when the shot comes in but becomes active as soon as he decides to try to play the rebound ...... if someone else (who wasn’t offside) had touched the ball before he got involved then he would have become onside via a new phase ......

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Yes - He is inactive when the shot comes in but becomes active as soon as he decides to try to play the rebound ...... if someone else (who wasn’t offside) had touched the ball before he got involved then he would have become onside via a new phase ......

The goalie played it

Tim Cahill is the worst pundit I've ever seen and that's saying something. The first answer he gave had absolutely nothing to do with Lineker's question. It was like he'd prepared a response but to a different question.

On the other hand, I thought Joe Cole and Peter Crouch were great on BT sport yesterday and not just because they were full of praise for us. Must admit, I thought Cole would be awful but I've seen him do a few games this season and he's very passionate and knowledgable. MOTD could do worse than get those two in.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paddy. said:

Tim Cahill is the worst pundit I've ever seen and that's saying something. The first answer he gave had absolutely nothing to do with Lineker's question. It was like he'd prepared a response but to a different question.

On the other hand, I thought Joe Cole and Peter Crouch were great on BT sport yesterday and not just because they were full of praise for us. Must admit, I thought Cole would be awful but I've seen him do a few games this season and he's very passionate and knowledgable. MOTD could do worse than get those two in.

Also Cole and Crouch are funny to look at with the height difference