Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Match of the Day 2019/2020

12 hours ago, martyn said:

Hopefully Tim Cahill doesn't get a regular gig on this. 

Harsh. It's his first time. Lots have looked like rabbits in headlights on their first appearance and improve over time. Shearer was terrible when he first started. I mean he's not amazing now, but he's improved a lot.

2 minutes ago, DennisNedry said:

Lineker is pretty shit at hosting; he always seems to get his words mixed up.

In the past 2 weeks, he called Sheffield Utd Sheffield Wednesday, and accused Cahill of diving instead of Grealish.

Noticed that recently. He never used to do that.

18 minutes ago, Phube said:

Wilson over Vardy or Barnes! :blink:

WTF! 

Unfathomable. Or is it?

No public vote because of tech issues so Jenarse and Wrighty decided.

Wright would have surely appreciated the skill and execution shown by Barnes and Vardy as opposed to a dead ball situation but Jenas?

Can't have a Leicester player getting GOTM.

10 hours ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Unfathomable. Or is it?

No public vote because of tech issues so Jenarse and Wrighty decided.

Wright would have surely appreciated the skill and execution shown by Barnes and Vardy as opposed to a dead ball situation but Jenas?

Can't have a Leicester player getting GOTM.

I agree that dead-ball is less difficult to execute than either Barnes' or Vardy's, but using that argument I also think the hardest is the volley and would go for the Norwich goal as the best.

I thought Vard's goal was a thing of beauty, though. A one-look, perfectly flighted long pass from Chilwell and a no-fuss, clinical finish. So elegant in its simplicity. The pass brought back memories of Fuchs' part in Vard's record-breaking goal v Man U.

21 hours ago, DennisNedry said:

In the past 2 weeks, he called Sheffield Utd Sheffield Wednesday, and accused Cahill of diving instead of Grealish.

The Sheffield United/Wednesday was deliberate based on an exchange there had been earlier on twitter.

On 01/09/2019 at 12:07, DennisNedry said:

I think he’s a great host, he keeps things entertaining, loves Leicester and making the odd mistake is normal.

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Match of the Day running order

Norwich City 3-2 Manchester City

Wolves 2-5 Chelsea

Liverpool 3-1 Newcastle United

Tottenham 4-0 Crystal Palace

Manchester United 1-0 Leicester City

Sheffield United 0-1 Southampton

Brighton 1-1 Burnley

59 minutes ago, Corky said:

He has been for years- see his comments after Ranieri's sacking about it "improving the miracle" if we were relegated.

He's like Savage only uses the Leicester connection if it's beneficial to his career.

Loved his tour of Everton, Spurs and Barcelona and why not I guess - but players can be glory hunting boys with the clubs they 'support'

32 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Weird how you remember exactly where you were when some of these ‘special’ goals went in.  (Assuming you weren’t at the game)

That's direct from Leicesters facebook page, I had no idea it was 16 years ago today lol