Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Just now, Royston. said:

Not going to slag him off for his weaknesses as a player but is it too much to ask a professional paid tens of thousands a week to score a penalty and simple header?

One step forwards-3 steps back...

When we signed him everyone was saying he's a great poacher. He couldn't poach an egg

God knows why Gray playing. Squad rotation I hey by seriously?! That free kick should've been Tielemans or Perez's, and Praet should've been available and pushed further right to help him. 

He should never play for us again unless absolutely necessarily.

Just now, Nod.E said:

He wouldn't have been allowed to take it today if they were.

OK so you'd think maybe he'd have some confidence about him if he's so good at penalties. Did you see him stepping up for it? Looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him up before he'd even missed it 

Just now, foxfanazer said:

OK so you'd think maybe he'd have some confidence about him if he's so good at penalties. Did you see him stepping up for it? Looked like he wanted the ground to swallow him up before he'd even missed it 

That's the difference between a match and training and is exactly why he shouldn't have been allowed to take it.

It's a confidence thing and he's our lowest confidence player at the moment.

Iheanacho has to do much, much better than that. He started brightly and put himself about well, but later the three guilt edge moments that required a bit of quality he massively ballsed up today. The penalty obviously was weak. He should be burying that header too, instead he loses the flight of the ball and shoulders it over which is very poor. Finally he has a great chance to play Vardy through - granted a tricky pass, but one he has the quality to make - and he shanks it in the wrong direction. Not a surprise he was hooked straight after.

Needs to regroup and be ready for a better showing when he gets his next chance.

He looked like he was shitting himself when he was about to take the penalty.

Reminded me of the look on Frank Bruno's face when he went into the ring against Mike Tyson knowing he was going to get battered.

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Onions said:

People forgetting we play Nacho when we rest our first team players.

If he had Maddison, Your, Ndidi etc in the middle of the park, he would be better. Instead we play back up players, and expect miracles from him.

Poor Pen, but who at this club hasn't done that before? Slagging him off on here, Social Media and whenever were allowed back to games is classic Leicester, maybe a bit of support?

I bet most of you abused Vardy during his off seasons too

I think constructive views are okay, we are football fans after all. But abusing him by saying he’s “crap” et cetera, I don’t think justified.

Defended the lad on here for a long time and I've always said he's a decent squad option, but it's we're serious about keeping Vardy for another 2 or 3 seasons and utilising him, we'll need another striker to take on some of the goalscoring burden and I don't think that'll ever be Kelechi. He's had some decent performances, but the more he plays against decent opposition the more I believe he's not good enough for a club aiming for the top 6. It wasn't just the missed penalty for me, he just seems so clumsy with the ball and misses decent chances constantly. I know it's hard being a bit part player but that's all he'll ever be here, so if he's not doing it now he'll never do it. It's not like he's a 21 year old lad anymore, he's 24 now and should be about hitting his prime, but he looks like a rabbit in the headlights at times.

Sadly I don't think he'll ever come back from that today, both from the club and the fans. He'll be kept for the rest of the season and then sold in the summer, and I firmly believe in the long term that'll be the best option, both for us and for his career. The search for his replacement should be starting tonight, although we need another striker in January anyway to replace the outgoing (hopefully) Slimani.

• Like 1

Just now, Stadt said:

He’s awful as a lone striker but he’s very handy when he plays with Vardy. I like him but we’d be better off getting a fee for him soon rather than letting his contract run down (or extending).

£15m in the summer would be good business. 

• Like 2

Just now, foxfanazer said:

What good is that to us? 

Huh? You're the one questioning the penalties in training. If you score plenty of them in training, you're bound to be chosen to take one in the game because you've shown you can score and not miss them?

I'm not sure what you want me/us to say about the fact he scored 5 in training and maybe it wasn't anything to do with goal-keepers being poor?

Basically it really is possible that he banged in 5 in training and still miss on the game day.

I'm as angered as anyone that he missed today but not sure what you want out of this conversation lol 

• Like 1