Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

Just now, Koke said:

We paid £25m for this guy. We can sell him for £15m to a newly promoted team like Watford next summer. Recoup some of the money and look a new striker.

I think we need someone before then

A bad injury to Vardy and literally our whole season changes 

We cannot envisage a situation where Kelechi becomes our main striker, not even for a few weeks 

• Like 1

I actually think it is good that he has been given enough time and opportunities to stake his claim here, as at least we can have no real doubts when letting him go. I respect that it is always difficult when you don't play often and are expected to come in and take your chances, but I think we have seen enough to know that he is not going to be a top striker for us now. 

Similar to Gray, there just aren't enough moments of quality or consistency and they should both be sold in January if possible, with a striker our top priority. We have been so lucky with Vardy but we have to sort his back-up in January, as our luck could suddenly run out and we would struggle so much without a decent no.9 to come in and cover any injury. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Koke said:

We paid £25m for this guy. We can sell him for £15m to a newly promoted team like Watford next summer. Recoup some of the money and look a new striker.

Post covid, I can't see anyone paying that for him unless he's willing to go to China, Russia etc. More like half that figure

1 minute ago, South Shire Fox said:

Think he’ll end up in a bottom half prem team or somewhere like Turkey tbh. Get 10-15 mil back and id take that.

Ah yes turkey, your right, I forgot about that option. Yes maybe over 10 then. Nice lifestyle too and shouldn't be too hard a sell to him. 

If Tielemans is on 33k per week he must be possibly the most underpaid player in world football. That must have been the loan contract surely 

It still makes my piss boil that idiots like Slimani are rincing the club in terms of ‘wages’. They aren’t ‘wages’ by the way. Wages have to be earnt
I guess we’re to blame for giving him such a fantasy land contract. But it’s time he got gone

• Like 1

The striker problem at Leicester is a complex one.  I would keep him.  I personally don't think he has had a fair chance to show what he can do.  He needs to have a good run of games, like 8 or 9 90 minute games.  Not bit parts, not a couple of games here and there.  He, like many strikers, is a confidence player.  Hardly ever playing does nothing to help him.  Then when he does play, a couple of bad touches or missing a chance that the fans perceive Vardy would take 8 out of 10 times and all the fans want him out of the club! 

If he does leave, who comes in?  Vardy is unique.  We play as a team to maximise opportunities for him.  We can't expect anyone to come in and expect it to be a like for like swap, it isn't going to happen.  What is needed is another style of play and that requires the combined effort of multiple players.  I don't think it's hugely fair to criticise Iheanacho for playing in a system that isn't optimal for him and basically not being Jamie Vardy.

• Like 4

I was raging in the match thread and whilst I do still think (clearly) the misses cost us 3(2)points I would love it for the guy to get some confidence and just start bagging a few. It only made me more angry that the pen was a perfect opportunity to bury it.

It’s been said in a few places I’m sure though. That he won’t find consistency without playing consistently and that won’t happen.

His best chance is if we end up with a plan B that has two strikers and he starts making more sub appearances.

He’s probably wishing 5 subs was a thing anyway.

35 minutes ago, nnfox said:

The striker problem at Leicester is a complex one.  I would keep him.  I personally don't think he has had a fair chance to show what he can do.  He needs to have a good run of games, like 8 or 9 90 minute games.  Not bit parts, not a couple of games here and there.  He, like many strikers, is a confidence player.  Hardly ever playing does nothing to help him.  Then when he does play, a couple of bad touches or missing a chance that the fans perceive Vardy would take 8 out of 10 times and all the fans want him out of the club! 

If he does leave, who comes in?  Vardy is unique.  We play as a team to maximise opportunities for him.  We can't expect anyone to come in and expect it to be a like for like swap, it isn't going to happen.  What is needed is another style of play and that requires the combined effort of multiple players.  I don't think it's hugely fair to criticise Iheanacho for playing in a system that isn't optimal for him and basically not being Jamie Vardy.

He's had plenty of chances and any striker, no matter if a confidence player or not should have scored some of the goals (and the peno) he has missed. He actually misses the ball a lot of the time too and his decision making is terrible. That's not a confidence thing he's just simply not good enough. 

53 minutes ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Look, there is no defending his "performance" yesterday, it was terrible. But I'm sure that I'm not the only one who thinks he is being set up to fail by being asked to play as a lone striker. He just can't do that, so if Vardy isn't playing and Nacho is, we should be playing 2 up top. Think back to this time last year when Nacho was doing well and he was playing in a front 2. Think we should have set up with him and Perez up top together yesterday and both would have done better.

Nacho and Perez..!

That'll scare the pants off any PL defence 😂😂

Do feel like if he was given a run of games and scored a couple he'd suddenly find his scoring boots. Problem is he's not going to get a run of games unless ... no I can't bring myself to even contemplate a scenario where Vardy isn't our main striker in virtually every game.

But the point is the inconsistency in terms of game time is, (in my opinion), playing a big role in his form, and it doesn't matter who we might sign as an alternative, they will still be second choice, and only playing every so often, while Vardy keeps putting the ball in the back of the net.

1 hour ago, knitro said:

A top 3 player on our team is not 20th or whatever in pay. 

As I originally said, I don't know how much credence we can give to such figures. However, he may be one of our top three players now but when we first signed him, having started out an incredibly promising player in his home country, he'd seemingly bombed a little bit and couldn't get a game for Monaco. I suspect that was a lot to do with the manager at the time however. 33k a week in France at his young age at that time I suggest would have seemed a very good starting wage and we only really heard of Spurs as another supposedly interested party and they were hardly huge wage payers at the time. We also don't know whether there were incremental rises included in that figure. Like Barnes however, I think that we can reasonably rest assured that his contract is regularly scrutinised appropriately along with others based on performance.