Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

22 minutes ago, FoxesWalk said:

Kelechi is a link up man, that’s his role. We should change the way we play to get the best out of him if he needs to start up top alone when Vardy is out. 

He functions very well with bodies around him, and often with his back to goal. Get Barnes and Maddison up around him and we will get goals. 

Agreed he needs players running off and ahead of him, our best moments came when Barnes was making the runs

• Like 1

Iheanacho had a great game tonight - two good assists, one showing perseverance to hook the ball onto Maddison and one classy backheel. He was gifted the chance for his goal but the turn and shot back across the keeper was ruthlessly efficient. Buzzing for him. 

With runners going beyond him and Maddison coming in close to receive the ball from him we built the attacks around him tonight and it worked much better than more frequently looking for him to run into the channels. 

• Like 1

The issue with kelichi for me, is not kelichi himself but the system Rodgers plays him in.

If Rodgers wants to get the best out of him then he needs to change the role he plays his in, issue with the game the other day was that Rodgers played him in a vardy role. For me he’s more of firmino type striker if he plays in the lone role up top. 
Alternatively he could play in the role on the right of the forwards, he’d do a better job then perez however he probably needs to work on his defensive role in that system 

Edited by LCFCbwoi
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LCFCbwoi said:

The issue with kelichi for me, is not kelichi himself but the system Rodgers plays his in.

If Rodgers wants to get the best out of him then he needs to change the role he plays his in, issue with the game the other day was that Rodgers played him in a vardy role. For me he’s more of firmino type striker if he plays in the lone role up top. 
Alternatively he could play in the role on the right of the forwards, he’d do a better job then perez however he probably needs to work on his defensive role in that system 

Robbie is that you?? 

1 hour ago, Zacman2 said:

Was saying he reminds me of Okazaki , may not score loads but will link the game & create chances

This is the reason we signed him.

37 minutes ago, foxile5 said:

Behind Vardz but in front of the midfield. We'd get a lot from him in that position. 

I remember he and Vardy looked really dangerous together when he first joined and we set up that way. Always wondered why we didn’t exploit it more.

Kasper

Castagne

Soyuncu

Fofana

Ricardo

Tielemans

Maddison

Barnes

Iheanacho

Ünder

Vardy

... wow 

I think Nacho will start all of the Europa League games if fit and Vardy will be our Premier League starter. Maybe against Braga we will go Vardy instead. We have two games a week pretty much from now until February now and there is simply no way Vardy can play all of those games even if not carrying any injury. I agree with @LCFCbwoi that often times we play him in a system that doesn't suit him where he puts in the sort of performance like he did against Villa. But tonight he was exceptional in all aspects of his game and in scoring with his right foot showed an element of his game we hadn't seen before.

He's obviously no Vardy, but he's pretty good! And he may well get even better with more of a sustained role in one of our two teams, as it also looks like we are headed toward having a Premier League XI and a Europa League XI. I can see Fuchs being first choice LB in the Europa games for example.

Nachos is quite a player when he has players around him and he drops in deeper to participate in linkup plays. Playing like Vardy in a lone striker role hanging about the opposition last man does not suit him and is not playing to his strengths. How good did be become when he dropped back and had Barnes running around him yesterday with his flicks and other trickeries! He is a great player to have but we just need to play him in the right way. Rodgers has a system that he likes (which suits Vardy) and which he wants everyone to fit into it - this is why you see some players decrease in their effectiveness when they try to play roles that don’t suit them and why we have results like that against West Ham and Villa (and the many other games in 2020). Perez and Nachos are both victims of that - they can both be better players if played the right way.

Just now, Tom12345 said:

Nachos is quite a player when he has players around him and he drops in deeper to participate in linkup plays. Playing like Vardy in a lone striker role hanging about the opposition last man does not suit him and is not playing to his strengths. How good did he become when he dropped back and had Barnes running around him yesterday with his flicks and other trickeries! He is a great player to have but we just need to play him in the right way. Rodgers has a system that he likes (which suits Vardy) and which he wants everyone to fit into it - this is why you see some players decrease in their effectiveness when they try to play roles that don’t suit them and why we have results like that against West Ham and Villa (and the many other games in 2020). Perez and Nachos are both victims of that - they can both be better players if played the right way.

5 hours ago, TheCryptoPoet said:

Pretty convinced now that our best full strength team is a 433 and that it includes nacho. He's a good player and noticibaly better a bit deeper and with support. He can't play that lone Vardy role. 

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soy

Castagne

Ndidi

Maddison

Tielemans

Nacho

Barnes 

Vardy

Think that'd work well and to the players strengths, full attacking width comes from full backs with ndidi shoring up the defence when they do. Plenty of pace, counter and link up play up top as well. 

Gives us a good bench too. 

Imagine getting everyone fit and playing that line up with a bench of Ward, Justin, Fofana, Praet, Ünder, Perez Mandy

Real quality in every position and a great replacement for everyone on the bench too.

• Like 2

I think there is a strong argument for playing Kel with Vardy in certain games - we sometimes struggle to get Vards involved and Kel could potentially play off the right side - enormous goal threat if we can get Madders, Harvey, Kel and Vards working in sync.

I appreciate that Perez will give you more defensively, so in certain games against the better sides he could be the better option, or we could go with Albrighton who never lets us down in terms of effort.

10 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I think there is a strong argument for playing Kel with Vardy in certain games - we sometimes struggle to get Vards involved and Kel could potentially play off the right side - enormous goal threat if we can get Madders, Harvey, Kel and Vards working in sync.

I appreciate that Perez will give you more defensively, so in certain games against the better sides he could be the better option, or we could go with Albrighton who never lets us down in terms of effort.

Surely to fit all four in, you would have to play Maddison wide?

Maddison is generally ineffective out wide.

1 hour ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Surely to fit all four in, you would have to play Maddison wide?

Maddison is generally ineffective out wide.

I’d play Barnes left,  Kel off the right, Madders central Vards striker in a 4-2-3-1 system. I think Tielemans would miss out as we’d need to play a double pivot. We played this system away at Villa in the league and we looked very good going forward (but Ricardo was left exposed at RB).

23 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

I’d play Barnes left,  Kel off the right, Madders central Vards striker in a 4-2-3-1 system. I think Tielemans would miss out as we’d need to play a double pivot. We played this system away at Villa in the league and we looked very good going forward (but Ricardo was left exposed at RB).

I don't agree. I wouldn't drop Tielemans for the sake of fitting in Nacho. 

I think, with the players we have and all of them at peak fitness, 433 is our strongest gest formation. 

Back four with Castagne and Ricardo. 

CM 3 of Maddison, Youri and Wilf (Harsh on Praet I know) and a forward 3 of Barnes, Vardy and hopefully Ünder. 

The problem isn't when everyone is fit though, the problem is finding a system that suits us now.