Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

Huh? You're the one questioning the penalties in training. If you score plenty of them in training, you're bound to be chosen to take one in the game because you've shown you can score and not miss them?

I'm not sure what you want me/us to say about the fact he scored 5 in training and maybe it wasn't anything to do with goal-keepers being poor?

Basically it really is possible that he banged in 5 in training and still miss on the game day.

I'm as angered as anyone that he missed today but not sure what you want out of this conversation lol 

No my point and the discussion I was having with a different poster was about him having zero confidence in taking a penalty during the game. What he does in training is irrelevant if he's picking up the ball shaking like a shitting dog

My post about our keepers was a joke

Just now, foxfanazer said:

No my point and the discussion I was having with a different poster was about him having zero confidence in taking a penalty during the game. What he does in training is irrelevant if he's picking up the ball shaking like a shitting dog

My post about our keepers was a joke

Was he shaking though? Was his body language any different to how he usually is? 

I still think Perez should have taken it even before Kel missed, mind.

5 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Huh? You're the one questioning the penalties in training. If you score plenty of them in training, you're bound to be chosen to take one in the game because you've shown you can score and not miss them?

I'm not sure what you want me/us to say about the fact he scored 5 in training and maybe it wasn't anything to do with goal-keepers being poor?

Basically it really is possible that he banged in 5 in training and still miss on the game day.

I'm as angered as anyone that he missed today but not sure what you want out of this conversation lol 

He's clearly spouting nonsense and blowing off steam.

I do it by trying to make idiots look even more stupid.

Others do it by just spouting incoherent crap.

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Was he shaking though? Was his body language any different to how he usually is? 

I still think Perez should have taken it even before Kel missed, mind.

OK shaking was clearly an exaggeration but his nerves were clear to see for anybody if you choose not to ignore it. Anyway it's done now, I just hope lessons are learned

3 minutes ago, David Hankey said:

I'd give penalties to Kasper when Vardy isn't on the pitch.

when I first read this thought it was a bit out there, but when your playing having made a lot of changes, Kasper will always play a prem game if fit, added to that it's a pressure situation, he has that mentality, is a GK so knows how they think, can strike the ball hard, it's not such a crazy shout sure Tielmans would be no 2 but in a game like that he isn't gonna be on the pitch either. I think it would be a good move to get Barnes involved in some, his confidence is growing, he looks like he's ready to take responsibility, an he's another that will play a lot of games.

6 minutes ago, Fish said:

He’s not very good. Simple. That, I think could be his last chance.

Not very good is  all relative..I'd wager we could fetch 20m for him from a bottom 5 team. 

I think there's enough base material in him  that a certain type of pragmatic manager - Moyes dyche, bruce, Hodgson - could.get a player out of it. 

11 minutes ago, SO1 said:

Vardy ever miss a penalty. People losing their minds after a draw to CP. Is this the end of the world?

Without trying to sound patronising, it's obviously not just about the missed penalty. His overall game doesn't seem to bring anything when he plays (unless it's against sub par opposition).

I'm confident someone would pay 15m for him, especially a team at the bottom who needs a forward, but I think he'll go in the summer, not January.

Not his best game today but what does anyone expect. Striker's thrive on confidence which you only get with game time and goals. Every time the lad hits a purple patch Rodgers pulls him from the team so it's no surprise that the lad is struggling for confidence. I've read loads of posts this afternoon that we need another backup striker but if they too don't get game time we'll face exactly the same issues. Yes, Vardy is the main man no doubt about it but Rodgers needs to be using the extra games to rotate and allow the peripheral players to play their way into form. Same goes for the likes of Gray, Perez, Choudhury, etc. 

Edited by ian__marshall
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

OK shaking was clearly an exaggeration but his nerves were clear to see for anybody if you choose not to ignore it. Anyway it's done now, I just hope lessons are learned

I don't think he was shaking but I'm sure he gulped a few times😂