Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

He's out of contract in 18 months and I doubt he'll be offered a new deal, I think we'll try and cash in in the summer and upgrade.

Can't think of many moments in the 3 and a half years he's been here where I've been impressed by him. He just isn't good enough.

• Like 2

Lots of Championship strikers that would offer more for me.

Just now, Tuna said:

He's out of contract in 18 months and I doubt he'll be offered a new deal, I think we'll try and cash in in the summer and upgrade.

Can't think of many moments in the 3 and a half years he's been here where I've been impressed by him. He just isn't good enough.

This 100%

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Corky said:

I think his best position is in the Maddison role behind Vardy, he looked comfortable there last season. Unfortunately for him, Maddison (and Perez too) are better in that position so he's well down the pecking order.

It just hasn't worked out as we wanted. I thought he'd cracked it in the first half of last season, done well in Europe but we needed more. Time to move on, I'm afraid.

You say this because he's good for the odd flick on or turn but would you put him there instead of madders or youri or Praet even? I wouldn't 

Just now, shailen said:

Absolute mystery is Kelechi. That cryuff turn early in the game was phenomenal but everything after was terrible. Capable player but far too inconsistent. 

He's just not up to this level.

Iheanacho has enough about him to be a good player.  He did himself no favours with that terrible penalty.

Here is his problem as I see it...

He can play as a 10 or he can play as a second striker.  We are a team that plays with one striker and he can't play as a lone striker.  His chances are therefore limited unless he plays as a 10.  But he can't play as a 10 because the other options in those positions are more flexible... Maddison can also play central midfield, Perez and Barnes can play out wide or as a second striker, Under is the same.  Those players' second positions are more useful than what Iheanacho can bring.

Iheanacho needs a run of 8 or 9 games and with Vardy playing every game, that just isn't going to happen.

I feel for him a bit, but like I said, he did himself no favours today.

• Like 1