Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

He's been poor since day one, just turns up in the cup against lower league sides. I only remember him performing in the league towards the end of 2017/18 when the opposition were on the beach and a few games last season when he came on looking like he had something to prove.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

Feel for the guy, he was feeding on scraps today.

Tbf  this is always said but he offers nothing. Good forwards make things happen too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Mark said:

He's been poor since day one, just turns up in the cup against lower league sides. I only remember him performing in the league towards the end of 2017/18 when the opposition were on the beach and a few games last season when he came on looking like he had something to prove.

hes done decent at times imo, his stinkers have over shone he decent games for us, 

for my money hes done more than Perez has done

plays far better when hes in a 2 up top

He is no better than Demari Gray, average player who is mostly average or below average, occasionally does something above average. He will make a very good living out of averageness.  Musa was s much better player. The lads 24 now, should be at his peak. For me we need to ship him off.

Edited by Foxin_Mad

7 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

He is no better than Demari Gray, average player who is mostly average or below average, occasionally does something above average. He will make a very good living out of averageness.  Musa was s much better player. The lads 24 now, should be at his peak. For me we need to ship him off.

We Need him,Shipping him off statements After Transfer window has closed doesn't help..I

Br has to find a Way to suit him...!!!

Edited by fuchsntf

I don't think he is a terrible player at all, I do think his decision making is terrible though. He takes an age to react also! He can hold on the ball up yes, he is strong. His first touch isn't bad, BUT he takes an extra 4 or 5 second to react than most , he makes stupid passing decisions, he fouls when really there is no need to foul. He just isn't the brightest spark unfortunately. 

Had a decent opening 20 mins Where he looked lively..

very poor after that.
Two particular instances were really frustrating... a blatant push in the back on konsa when konsa has nowhere to go.

Followed by a real lazy offside. Our attack broke down, Villa then attacked, the passage of play was about 20seconds before we regained possession of the ball And Nacho was still offside from

our previous attack..

So Nacho comes into the side to replace Vardy and take up the same job, the same position.

He just isn`t that sort of lethal predator like Vardy, he is a more cultured player, a creator and a some time goal scorer.

He will not break the lines, he needs support, or, he provides the support to another (Non-Vardy) striker.

He IS a good player in an appropriate system and I am convinced this is true. 

Whoever mentioned Musa....

:nigel:

16 hours ago, dmayne7 said:

Must have been watching a different game as he barely gave the ball away, held it up well, linked nicely. But he won't suit that sort of performance today. It goes into him and then there's nobody running beyond because they're all so used to doing Vardy doing that whilst they drop deep. The manager has got to coach that into them when we're going to be without Vardy.

I agree. I thought he played alright considering he was the only person up top having to cope with their back four alone. He never gave the ball away and made a couple of neat turns that created opportunities. He was far more effective than slimani. 

Iheanacho won’t work in our system until we get runners beyond the striker though. Under must replace Perez for iheanacho to become more effective.

• Like 4

Pretty convinced now that our best full strength team is a 433 and that it includes nacho. He's a good player and noticibaly better a bit deeper and with support. He can't play that lone Vardy role. 

Kasper

Ricardo

Evans

Soy

Castagne

Ndidi

Maddison

Tielemans

Nacho

Barnes 

Vardy

Think that'd work well and to the players strengths, full attacking width comes from full backs with ndidi shoring up the defence when they do. Plenty of pace, counter and link up play up top as well. 

Gives us a good bench too. 

• Like 2