Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StriderHiryu

Kelechi Iheanacho

What I find with him there's no real urgency about his game and I think that's down to his personality I reckon he's pretty laid back. Since he's been here he never busts a gut to get back on side which is frustrating especially when using a quick ball out of defence. 

6 minutes ago, ian__marshall said:

Not his best game today but what does anyone expect. 

I think everyone expected him to stick at least one of his two glorious chances away. You can use a lack of confidence for not sticking away difficult or half chances but whether you're confident or not you've gotta stick easy ones away or youl take deserved stick.

7 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Without trying to sound patronising, it's obviously not just about the missed penalty. His overall game doesn't seem to bring anything when he plays (unless it's against sub par opposition).

I'm confident someone would pay 15m for him, especially a team at the bottom who needs a forward, but I think he'll go in the summer, not January.

It's not just the missed penalty' and that's the point for me. If Maddison and Tielemans had played today he might have had a bit more service to do something. If Under was healthy it might have given him the space to do something.

He's just not the type of striker who can play on his own especially without the service. Vardy has the speed to create that he never will.

Controversial, but I don't mind him. 

Crap penalty and another disappointing miss but he's bound to be a bit rusty. We'll do very well to find a markedly better 2nd choice striker. He should really get more minutes off the bench when games are won. 

Edited by sdb
  • Like 4

Just now, SO1 said:

It's not just the missed penalty' and that's the point for me. If Maddison and Tielemans had played today he might have had a bit more service to do something. If Under was healthy it might have given him the space to do something.

He's just not the type of striker who can play on his own especially without the service. Vardy has the speed to create that he never will.

Iheanacho could have spent the whole 90 minutes taking penalties and not come close today. It was obvious his head was gone and his race was run the second he missed the penalty... to everyone other than Rodgers that is. 

I might've got this wrong but from one camera angle, I'm sure I saw Kelechi look up at exactly where he was going to put the penalty before he started his run-up and then tried to look the opposite way when he staggered his run, but Guaita wasn't fooled.

I get that the stagger is to try to fool the keeper and get him to go before you put it the other way but the execution wasn't good and when they go wrong those penalties always look worse.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Slimani and Gray will definitely be gone in 6 months time at the latest. But I'm guessing that's not soon enough for some of our fans.

It’s not no

especially as we can get a few for them before the summer

Edited by mod hero

1 hour ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Nacho, slim, gray all need moving on quickly

You can't move them on if nobody wants them. With Slimani and Gray's contracts being up in the summer, who'd want to pay a fee now? If you were a lower Premiership club fighting relegation, would you trust Iheanacho to get you out of it? Potentially facing relegation, would you also want to take on the liability of the high wages he'd demand let alone pay a transfer fee?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

You can't move them on if nobody wants them. With Slimani and Gray's contracts being up in the summer, who'd want to pay a fee now? If you were a lower Premiership club fighting relegation, would you trust Iheanacho to get you out of it? Potentially facing relegation, would you also want to take on the liability of the high wages he'd demand let alone pay a transfer fee?

Rodgers trusted him to beat Palace today, youd be surprised what some folks think...

1 hour ago, SO1 said:

Praet put a chance on a plate for him. Got nothing to do with service

6 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Finally, someone who actually understands how transfers and contracts work. You also have to consider that Gray and Slimani are under no obligation to agree to any transfer in January. They are quite within their rights to wait until the summer and move for free, to a destination of their own choosing.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ALC Fox said:

I might've got this wrong but from one camera angle, I'm sure I saw Kelechi look up at exactly where he was going to put the penalty before he started his run-up and then tried to look the opposite way when he staggered his run, but Guaita wasn't fooled.

I get that the stagger is to try to fool the keeper and get him to go before you put it the other way but the execution wasn't good and when they go wrong those penalties always look worse.

Surely the only benefit of the stuttered run up is to sit the keeper down and put it the other side? He made Guaita go down early and played it right to him. Baffling! 

1 hour ago, Gubbins said:

I think everyone expected him to stick at least one of his two glorious chances away. You can use a lack of confidence for not sticking away difficult or half chances but whether you're confident or not you've gotta stick easy ones away or youl take deserved stick.

I take your point, but also think missing easy chances is the sign of a striker low on confidence. Even the best do it. Look at Aubameyang in the last few months, he's missed some absolute sitters but you'd have to be crazy not to want him in your team (not saying I'd necessarily have him over Vardy before anyone jumps on it) but just making the point that when you're low on confidence as a striker even seemingly easy chances prove difficult to put away. 

11 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Finally, someone who actually understands how transfers and contracts work. You also have to consider that Gray and Slimani are under no obligation to agree to any transfer in January. They are quite within their rights to wait until the summer and move for free, to a destination of their own choosing.

Precisely. If I was Gray I would be staying put and avoiding injury. Iheanacho is likely to be on wages that currently, no-one else is likely to want to match.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Precisely. If I was Gray I would be staying put and avoiding injury. Iheanacho is likely to be on wages that currently, no-one else is likely to want to match.

He can't be on that much surely? He came here as a 20 year old who had only signed two professional contacts with Man City, the latest one being when he was just 19 years old. I genuinely have no idea what is wage is, but I'll be surpised if it's more than 35k/40k or so.