Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich (H) Pre-Match Thread - 14/12/2019

Greetings All, new member, but city fan for over 40 yrs.  Started with Jock W's aces in my teens.  Been following FT since the great 15/16 season...some of the posts are comic genius! Anyway back to the thread.....BR can play whatever side he wants and I think we will win, but I would be very keen for Praet to start as I think he is outstanding, what we've seen from him so far is good, but I reckon there's plenty more to come.

Edited by VG Fox
  • Like 4

Personally I think several changes could be made to ensure we’re full strength for Everton. We’re in a strong position in the league to risk it and even resting players shouldn’t deplete our quality too much

Kasper 

justin, Morgan, sonch, Fuchs 

Pérez Praet hamza Maddison Barnes 

vardy

would rest vardy if it wasn’t for the record 

• Haha 1

On 09/12/2019 at 13:33, lgfualol said:

Okazaki did **** all goals/assists wise and everyone was spaffing over him. Barnes creates opportunities for himself and team-mates constantly, and we have won 8 in a row where he has started or featured. Mad.  

Keep playing him. 

Tactically, Okazaki was far more important to our system at the time than Barnes is currently. 

I like both and they're totally incomparable but playing down the impact of Okazaki based on his individual output is just unnecessarily bitchy. You don't have to take a pop at one player to defend another. 

6 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

What a load of nonsense. Not even on the bench? 

Why is it a load of nonsense?

If you for example have a representative for each position ie. Ward, Morgan, James (defender or winger), Choudhury, you have one sub left surely. If Gray was playing I'd choose Iheanacho, if Iheanacho was playing I'd choose Gray (or even Albrighton).

Logistically therefore it's hardly nonsense just my opinion which  at this moment in time is, that his performances don't warrant a place over Nacho or Gray.

For the record, if you disagree, neither would your opinion be nonsense,  merely your opinion. When you grow up you'll learn to live with it and acknowledge that we're all entitled to one on here whether we agree with them or not. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Why is it a load of nonsense?

If you for example have a representative for each position ie. Ward, Morgan, James (defender or winger), Choudhury, you have one sub left surely. If Gray was playing I'd choose Iheanacho, if Iheanacho was playing I'd choose Gray (or even Albrighton).

Logistically therefore it's hardly nonsense just my opinion which  at this moment in time is, that his performances don't warrant a place over Nacho or Gray.

For the record, if you disagree, neither would your opinion be nonsense,  merely your opinion. When you grow up you'll learn to live with it and acknowledge that we're all entitled to one on here whether we agree with them or not. 

This point was slightly better made but you’re still talking nonsense lol

How can you say that Perez doesn’t warrant a place in the matchday squad at all. I assume you haven’t watched us this year. He hasnt been a world beater but come on.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Tactically, Okazaki was far more important to our system at the time than Barnes is currently. 

I like both and they're totally incomparable but playing down the impact of Okazaki based on his individual output is just unnecessarily bitchy. You don't have to take a pop at one player to defend another. 

Barnes goals and assists stack up with Albrighton from when we won the league, he's on course for 2-3 goals and 10 assists.

19 hours ago, Tommo220 said:

SAY WHAT?!

You have a team on an 8 match perfect run, of which Perez has played (if not started) the vast majority of games and now you want to reward someone who is no doubt a confidence player by dropping him from the starting lineup because he's too lightweight?  The same Perez thats scored 4 times in that 8 games?!

RUTHLESS!!

With the exception of the brilliant hatrick he scored, it's just my personal belief that we'd have won all the games we have despite him. I also think that there are times when things can be freshened up and that you don't have to become a slave to the 'never change a winning side' mantra. I think the Villa games change in personnel and system by Rodgers was good management. Whilst I would merely guess that was partly due to the opposition's style of play that he would have studied, it may also be because albeit we had won the previous two games, the performances might have been a bit lack lustre, predictable for the opposition and the emergence in form  behind the scenes of other players. 

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, TJB-fox said:

This point was slightly better made but you’re still talking nonsense lol

How can you say that Perez doesn’t warrant a place in the matchday squad at all. I assume you haven’t watched us this year. He hasnt been a world beater but come on.

I'm not saying that he's a bad player, more that at this specific point in time, there maybe other players that have forced their way ahead of him for the time being. Whilst there would have been more than one reason why, I felt Rodgers change in personnel and formation was entirely justified against Villa.

Somebody has to be left out and I feel that choice has to be made on current form which suggests to me personally, that Iheanacho or Gray are more likely (currently) to have a bigger impact on a game as a whole, one as starter, one off the bench. Compared with those two, if Perez was to come off the bench to make a difference, I wouldn't be exactly overwhelmed. 

Edited by volpeazzurro

17 hours ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's only my opinion but whenever Perez has been taken off, whether the replacement has been Gray or Nacho, they seem to have changed the game and the opposition appear to have been given far more problems to worry about, hence we've either scored or looked far more likely to score. 

Perez is a likeable workhorse with at times a lot of technical ability but for me, with the exception of the one game has had little effect on the game when compared to the other two.  Therefore i feel that either Gray or Iheanacho should play with the other on the bench and Perez not even on the bench. He needs to toughen or bulk up and stop falling over.

Agreed, I’d have him on the bench though :) 

17 hours ago, Eamonn said:

Its a nailed on win. My boy is coming with me and City always win when he's there.

I hope the players and staff have a more professional attitude. The moment people feel it is "nailed on" is the moment the wheels come off. :unsure:

• Like 1

On 10/12/2019 at 10:59, ScubaBlue said:

I only have one real fear about this game.

That Norwich are too much of a nice, friendly family club... therefore, we'll hear no chants of "Jamie Vardy, your wife is a ****!" to spur him on to 9 in 9!

It's a real concern.

CcGhx_OXIAAbYS8.jpg

1 hour ago, SheppyFox said:

Agreed, I’d have him on the bench though :) 

Accepted but if a bench possibly consisted of, if say Gray and Barnes played for arguments sake, who would you leave out from Ward, Perez, Morgan, Choudhury, Praet, Iheanacho, Albrighton?

Assuming that there are no defensive worries but you  needed someone to come on and change the game and possibly score or create something, who out of that lot would you choose at this particular moment in time?

It's all opinion isn't it, no right or wrong answer. 

16 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Accepted but if a bench possibly consisted of, if say Gray and Barnes played for arguments sake, who would you leave out from Ward, Perez, Morgan, Choudhury, Praet, Iheanacho, Albrighton?

Assuming that there are no defensive worries but you  needed someone to come on and change the game and possibly score or create something, who out of that lot would you choose at this particular moment in time?

I’d leave Morgan out and in an unlikely worst case, move Ndidi to CB 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Perez was excellent coming off the bench against Liverpool and got an assist for Maddison after making a fool of Fabinho and van Dijk. Albrighton probably gets dropped for me.

1 minute ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Perez was excellent coming off the bench against Liverpool and got an assist for Maddison after making a fool of Fabinho and van Dijk. Albrighton probably gets dropped for me.

In fairness I didn't see that game. Albrighton understood, just need to drop one more. When I re-looked at my subs, I hadn't even put James or Fuchs down! How brilliant is that because to be honest, it has to be difficult for Rodgers to pick between that lot also, it really does demonstrate what a strong squad we have really!

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

In fairness I didn't see that game. Albrighton understood, just need to drop one more. When I re-looked at my subs, I hadn't even put James or Fuchs down! How brilliant is that because to be honest, it has to be difficult for Rodgers to pick between that lot also, it really does demonstrate what a strong squad we have really!

My subs would be, (assuming Gray starts over Perez in the 433, although I like Perez starting) Ward - Morgan - J.J - Choudhury - Praet - Iheanacho - Perez

Goalkeeper cover, fullback cover, centre back cover, DM cover, AM cover, winger cover, striker cover. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Fox seen in Norwich said:

Personally I think several changes could be made to ensure we’re full strength for Everton. We’re in a strong position in the league to risk it and even resting players shouldn’t deplete our quality too much

Kasper 

justin, Morgan, sonch, Fuchs 

Pérez Praet hamza Maddison Barnes 

vardy

would rest vardy if it wasn’t for the record 

Difficult and potentially controversial one this. I see 3 points against Norwich as far more important than the Everton game. We can rest some in that if need be confident in the fact that we have genuine strength in depth but also, they too are likely to make changes as I would think due to their precarious position in the league, they too will prioritise 3 points.

• Like 3