Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich (H) Pre-Match Thread - 14/12/2019

On 08/12/2019 at 22:02, UniFox21 said:

Teams try to raise their game when they come to a top of the table side. No doubt Norwich will want to come here and rock the boat. They'll sit and try to be compact, and try to hit us.

Norwich beat Man City, lets not forget that. And they've given other teams a decent game. Take every team as a challenge and mentality won't be an issue. Going into a game expecting to win with an arrogance is one thing, but we can't get ahead of ourselves. 

I agree and hope @treer doesn't even make the bench with that attitude 🤣

10 hours ago, ScubaBlue said:

I only have one real fear about this game.

That Norwich are too much of a nice, friendly family club... therefore, we'll hear no chants of "Jamie Vardy, your wife is a ****!" to spur him on to 9 in 9!

It's a real concern.

Wonder if the police will have this one as high risk again ??

21 hours ago, ScubaBlue said:

I only have one real fear about this game.

That Norwich are too much of a nice, friendly family club... therefore, we'll hear no chants of "Jamie Vardy, your wife is a ****!" to spur him on to 9 in 9!

It's a real concern.

“Jamie Varrdy, Jamie Varrdy your woif is no better’n she orta be” 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, M0901 said:

Kelechi has to start. You cannot drop someone in such good form. He'll be relishing the opportunity to play against Norwich at home. Hopefully he'll get that chance. 

I am not sure if he'll use a diamond -- although I think Kelechi could do the Perez role in a 4-1-4-1 (not as effectively as he would be in a 4-4-2, but still...)

He might save his next start for Everton in the Cup, though.

1 hour ago, M0901 said:

Kelechi has to start. You cannot drop someone in such good form. He'll be relishing the opportunity to play against Norwich at home. Hopefully he'll get that chance. 

It will be interesting to see what Brendan does. I agree that he’s more than earned a prolonged opportunity in the team but I will say it was quite revealing that Brendan didn’t start him against Watford after winning the Everton game for us. I believe it’s about choosing the right team to suit the game, and Villa was the right opportunity at the right time to do that as Kelechi with Vardy up front really suited Villa’s formation. Whether Norwich present him with another chance will be interesting. 

How delightful and what a change that we have the option to alternate formations, with a squad of depth and quality to support them. 

I'm sure Brendan will select a formation and team to suit. 

A vast change from days gone by.

My only concern for us not winning this game is that I'll be flying over for it!

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Suppose it depends if Brendan wants wingers or control of the midfield again, but as someone said, Nacho could probably do as good a job as Perez presently.

Not out wide he wouldn’t. No more square pegs in round holes ie Puel/Shakespeare. Either play the diamond with Kelechi upfront or revert back to wingers and use Ayoze. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, M0901 said:

2 hours ago, MarriedaLeicesterGirl said:

I am not sure if he'll use a diamond -- although I think Kelechi could do the Perez role in a 4-1-4-1 (not as effectively as he would be in a 4-4-2, but still...)

He might save his next start for Everton in the Cup, though.

Could he fit into our usual system in place of Perez? Cutting inside left foot and so on? 

1 hour ago, TJB-fox said:

Not out wide he wouldn’t. No more square pegs in round holes ie Puel/Shakespeare. Either play the diamond with Kelechi upfront or revert back to wingers and use Ayoze. 

Brendan is a skilled carpenter, there are now only perfectly shaped pegs, for perfectly shaped holes. :thumbup:

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, SheppyFox said:

Could he fit into our usual system in place of Perez? Cutting inside left foot and so on? 

It's only my opinion but whenever Perez has been taken off, whether the replacement has been Gray or Nacho, they seem to have changed the game and the opposition appear to have been given far more problems to worry about, hence we've either scored or looked far more likely to score. 

Perez is a likeable workhorse with at times a lot of technical ability but for me, with the exception of the one game has had little effect on the game when compared to the other two.  Therefore i feel that either Gray or Iheanacho should play with the other on the bench and Perez not even on the bench. He needs to toughen or bulk up and stop falling over.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

It's only my opinion but whenever Perez has been taken off, whether the replacement has been Gray or Nacho, they seem to have changed the game and the opposition appear to have been given far more problems to worry about, hence we've either scored or looked far more likely to score. 

Perez is a likeable workhorse with at times a lot of technical ability but for me, with the exception of the one game has had little effect on the game when compared to the other two.  Therefore i feel that either Gray or Iheanacho should play with the other on the bench and Perez not even on the bench. He needs to toughen or bulk up and stop falling over.

What a load of nonsense. Not even on the bench? 

11 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

SAY WHAT?!

You have a team on an 8 match perfect run, of which Perez has played (if not started) the vast majority of games and now you want to reward someone who is no doubt a confidence player by dropping him from the starting lineup because he's too lightweight?  The same Perez thats scored 4 times in that 8 games?!

RUTHLESS!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

It will be interesting to see what Brendan does. I agree that he’s more than earned a prolonged opportunity in the team but I will say it was quite revealing that Brendan didn’t start him against Watford after winning the Everton game for us. I believe it’s about choosing the right team to suit the game, and Villa was the right opportunity at the right time to do that as Kelechi with Vardy up front really suited Villa’s formation. Whether Norwich present him with another chance will be interesting. 

Goo many fans complicating things,trying to Psycho Analyse every problem....The first is believing in Oneself ,given belief & encouragement to unlock their talent..

The Players have to Work it out,no matter who....Nacho/Perez ...like Barnes carrying his own questions,   just have to find their Way into games.

So far Rodgers has been the keymaster for the team & individuals..But its the players alone who can realise their potential...

By playing against all styles,tactics und formations..

I don’t care what formation Brendan chooses, all I want to see is the players continue to show the same desire and belief throughout the match from the start. If we do that, whatever formation we start with and whether Nacho man plays or Pérez, our class will see us through as the game goes on.

• Like 1