Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich (H) Pre-Match Thread - 14/12/2019

If we can win this one then we'll have taken maximum points from that run of 'easier' / 'winnable' fixtures against Brighton, Everton, Watford, Villa and Norwich. Let's not fall at the final hurdle - put Norwich to the sword and then we'll have given ourselves the best possible platform to build off ahead of the games against Man City and Liverpool. 

I'd look to avoid resting unless absolutely necessary. Relaxed if one of the big midfield players does need a break as Praet and Choudhury can effectively cover Tielemans/Maddison and Ndidi for a game.

• Like 1

We have to win this and then the next two games are Man City and Liverpool. 

Whatever we do against Man City and Liverpool fair enough whether it's zero points, six points or something in between. We must beat Norwich first and we'll know whether we're CL contenders or title challengers on Boxing Day night. 

• Like 2

Guest Eamonn
1 hour ago, LCCFox96 said:

If we can win this one then we'll have taken maximum points from that run of 'easier' / 'winnable' fixtures against Brighton, Everton, Watford, Villa and Norwich. Let's not fall at the final hurdle - put Norwich to the sword and then we'll have given ourselves the best possible platform to build off ahead of the games against Man City and Liverpool. 

I'd look to avoid resting unless absolutely necessary. Relaxed if one of the big midfield players does need a break as Praet and Choudhury can effectively cover Tielemans/Maddison and Ndidi for a game.

I hope he rests Tielemans. I reckon Gray needs game time too.442 for me, with , Praet, Maddison, Gray and Ndidi across the middle.

Pukki and Cantwell are both decent players. Pukki reminds me of Vardy, being a late developing instinctive goal scorer. Cantwell has potential to be another Maddison. Both could be good squad players here signed as back up when we have fixture congestion next year.

I quite like the Canaries, but sorry, we have to be brutal. They need wins to escape relegation so I don't think that they will just park the bus. It is not their style anyway.

Nacho deserves to keep his place, and that means pretty much the same team as today. I wouldn't mind Hamza in for Tielemans or Ndidi, or Justin in for Ricardo for a bit of game time prior to the Cup game.

Guest Markyblue
6 minutes ago, Corky said:

Iheanacho deserves to keep his place, as does Praet. I get the calls to rest Tielemans so does Choudhury come in or do we play Iheanacho out wide with Barnes/ Perez the other side?

No leave nacho in the same place as today,  get the confidence of his growing he could be vital later on in the season. 

1 minute ago, Markyblue said:

No leave nacho in the same place as today,  get the confidence of his growing he could be vital later on in the season. 

I would quite like to see Nacho quite a bit before the Jan window. We need to see if he can sustain the great performances of the last two matches, not least because it influences what we need to do in the transfer window.

• Like 1

Pre-fixtures release I bought tickets for a show this Saturday afternoon in London,  when the fixtures came out I was ‘It’s only Norwich’ ‘I can miss one’ ‘It might be moved for TV’ .

Up until 4pm this afternoon I wasn’t too bothered but now I WANT TO GO!! :ranieri:

Let me be the guy who does the post we get every week now saying I’ve got a bad feeling about this one, they are a fantastic team and can see this being the one we lose, after all we have to lose at some point.

Then if we do lose I can paste it in and say look at me I told you we’d lose this one.

In reality, they aren’t a bad team, but man for man we are better in every area. We have a weeks rest now, so should recharge and get ready for the next big push.

BR appears to be rotating who gets a rest, I think Tielemans and possibly Ndidi get a break for this one and we win it 2-0.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Livid said:

Pre-fixtures release I bought tickets for a show this Saturday afternoon in London,  when the fixtures came out I was ‘It’s only Norwich’ ‘I can miss one’ ‘It might be moved for TV’ .

Up until 4pm this afternoon I wasn’t too bothered but now I WANT TO GO!! :ranieri:

What show is it ?

3 hours ago, Vacamion said:

Will they park the bus or have a go? 

They'll come to play I reckon. They're not doing well but I really like their style of play and are largely capable of an upset.

The game seems like an easy win on paper but careful of the banana skin. 

4 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

What show is it ?

OK I’m er.......... going to the ballet (Don’t!) with the current and ex work wives (One is also a STH and missing the game) at the Royal Opera House. The reasonably affordable decent tickets sell pretty quick so you have to snap them up when they go on sale. Train, Hotel and Restaurant all booked so no way I can cancel, I wouldn’t anyway. 

Just didn’t quite expect this season to be going as well as it is! 

• Haha 1