Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich (H) Pre-Match Thread - 14/12/2019

24 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Barnes is just not cutting the mustard for me. Like Perez tbh.

These 2 areas are our weakest links. Yes they have played well in some games but the majority they have been piss poor.

Sign Zaha and Sign Bowen.

Loan barnes out to Norwich or villa until the end of the season

We've been doing okay with him in the team...

If we want our class young players to develop we need to keep confidence in them and keep playing them. He got man of the match in the last game he played, he's struggling in front of goal, but his link up play is class and he's part of a forward line that's producing a lot of goals and chances.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, BluethroughtheMiddle said:

We need to be weary of Norwich. They can certainly be a threat. I can see us being a bit cocky here and paying the price. Hope I'm wrong.

i dont think that is in our game anymore.

yes in the past it was true, but we are so ruthless and clinical at the moment that i dont worry about what you mentioned.

What i worry about is that Norwich can be world beaters or a total joke.

I just hope we continue to play at the level and the intensity that has thus far carried us to second in the league.

Show them no mercy, goal difference could be key at the end of the season.

I just think we will have too much for them. Whether they park the bus, flood the midfield or try and take the game to us we have shown that we can we have the tactical nonce to pick a side and system to prevail against any style. Rodgers and his team obviously analyse each opponents strengths and weaknesses and plan accordingly. If its not going to plan, they are not afraid to change things around during the game either.

Any game against a side potentially fighting for their survival, even at this early stage is always a potential banana skin, but we have been so ruthless and professional this season that I  just cannot see us not getting the three points here. If we get an early goal I suspect that they will fold and we will increase our GD by another significant margin.

Should smash these lot. They only have one goal threat really and our team is just too good.  That Watford and Everton game gave me the confidence that we can beat shit teams now, rather than in the past we always struggled to break them down. 

I would be bitterly disappointed to not win this, however the last thing i want to do is go into the game complacent.

We are on incredible form and they are not, however football is football and sometimes it 'just don't go to plan.'

Play well, do what we are doing and the game should be ours. 3-0 with Vardy continuing his run along with both Madderz and Tieleman. 

I always feel a bit wary whenever going into a game with this much confidence, but it really is hard to see anything but a dominant win here. Need to make sure we're still 100% up for it though, as you can guarantee if we're sloppy Norwich will look to take advantage, as Everton tried to (almost succesfully).

Our home record: P8 W7 D1 L0 GD +14 Pos 2nd

Their away record: P8 W1 D1 L6 GD -10 Pos 20th

Defensively they're poor, Offensively we've been exceptional. Neutralise Pukki (and Cantwell) and they offer very little threat.

3-1, Vardy (pen), Maddison x2 (one a direct FK). Someone random like Tettey to bundle one in with his knee from a questionable free kick for them

Edited by Xen

1 hour ago, BluethroughtheMiddle said:

We need to be weary of Norwich. They can certainly be a threat. I can see us being a bit cocky here and paying the price. Hope I'm wrong.

The psyche of a long term LCFC supporter. I’m exactly the same ,we could be playing the Dog and Trumpet pub 3rd XI and I could convince myself that we could lose an early goal and they could defend their lead for 80 minutes . 

Realistically we can be pretty secure in our expectation of beating these .

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, surrifox said:

The psyche of a long term LCFC supporter. I’m exactly the same ,we could be playing the Dog and Trumpet pub 3rd XI and I could convince myself that we could lose an early goal and they could defend their lead for 80 minutes . 

I’m continually explaining this down here .... the response being ‘what about 15/16?’ and surely it’s different after that ..... but it simply isn’t !

Tim Krul is the sort of keeper who can have one of those games where he saves everything. Also has a clanger in him, let's hope it's the latter. 

Must be slightly annoying for Perez when we play two up top and he gets dropped to bench but Kelechi deserves to keep his place and I think we can stick with the diamond for this. 

3 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Okazaki did **** all goals/assists wise and everyone was spaffing over him. Barnes creates opportunities for himself and team-mates constantly, and we have won 8 in a row where he has started or featured. Mad.  

Keep playing him. 

Also Barnes is a young lad playing for the 2nd best team in England. That's a big step up. He's a great talent.

3 hours ago, Fox85 said:

These 2 areas are our weakest links. Yes they have played well in some games but the majority they have been piss poor.

That's incredibly harsh on Barnes. 

I'd rather keep him than ship him out again. He may not have scored many but he's definitely done his part in getting us to where we are now. Perhaps not as significant as other stars of the team but to cast him off as you have done is crazy really. 

Zaha does fvck all for most of the season, goes on a purple patch a couple of times and everyone thinks he's the dogs bollocks. He's not consistent enough at all and he'd get the same treatment here if he was ours when he goes quiet. 

• Like 3

8 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Okazaki did **** all goals/assists wise and everyone was spaffing over him. Barnes creates opportunities for himself and team-mates constantly, and we have won 8 in a row where he has started or featured. Mad.  

Keep playing him. 

Agree there's no sense in silly talk of loaning Barnes out, and he does create chances at an acceptable rate most of the time.  But the truth is we've done most of our damage in 2nd halves, after we swap out one or both of out wingers.  A quick check of plus/minus numbers confirms this - among all the players with significant minutes Praet ranks 1st in +/- per minute.

Player Plus Minus Minutes PM/ 90 mins
Team Average 29 1574 1.66
Kasper Schmeichel 29 1574 1.66
Caglar Soyuncu 29 1574 1.66
Jamie Vardy 29 1574 1.66
Wilfred Ndidi 28 1477 1.71
Jonny Evans 27 1542 1.58
Youri Tielemans 27 1527 1.59
Ricardo Pereira 27 1472 1.65
Ben Chilwell 26 1266 1.85
James Maddison 24 1425 1.52
Harvey Barnes 17 970 1.58
Dennis Praet 13 481 2.43
Ayoze Perez 12 930 1.16
Demarai Gray 9 251 3.23
Marc Albrighton 6 246 2.20
Kelechi Iheanacho 4 104 3.46
Wes Morgan 3 77 3.51
Hamza Choudhury 3 389 0.69
Christian Fuchs 3 306 0.88
James Justin 1 31 2.90
Nampalys Mendy 0 6 0.00
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, Fox85 said:

As football opinions go this is an absolute shocker!

• Like 3

If Norwich are true to form they will come at us in a 4231.

I feel that lends itself to us returning to 4141.

They will look to the flanks for overloads, and we won't need 4 in midfield to win that battle. It would be harsh on Nacho but I'd go back to Perez and Barnes and maybe play Praet instead of Youri, Nacho can torment Everton again midweek, while Vardy puts his feet up. 

Whatever formation we play we should have enough to beat Norwich.

19 hours ago, Fox85 said:

This is the kind of post that bites you on the bum.

On ‎09‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 05:39, TrentFox said:

Heresy alert. I’d be massively tempted to bench Vardy for this game. Ian to start up top. Vardy 9/9 would be great, but I’d far sooner he was fresh and at peak for two massive games over Christmas. That’s more important than his personal milestone. I think we have enough to beat Norwich without him. 

He's got a weeks rest pretty much, and he'll likely not play in the cup vs Everton. The only league game I could see him not starting is West Ham away but if he's equalled his record by then then he's starting.

• Like 1