Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Norwich (H) Pre-Match Thread - 14/12/2019

1 minute ago, Livid said:

OK I’m er.......... going to the ballet (Don’t!) with the current and ex work wives (One is also a STH and missing the game) at the Royal Opera House. The reasonably affordable decent tickets sell pretty quick so you have to snap them up when they go on sale. Train, Hotel and Restaurant all booked so no way I can cancel, I wouldn’t anyway. 

Just didn’t quite expect this season to be going as well as it is! 

Bet you’re livid mate 

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, Livid said:

OK I’m er.......... going to the ballet (Don’t!) with the current and ex work wives (One is also a STH and missing the game) at the Royal Opera House. The reasonably affordable decent tickets sell pretty quick so you have to snap them up when they go on sale. Train, Hotel and Restaurant all booked so no way I can cancel, I wouldn’t anyway. 

Just didn’t quite expect this season to be going as well as it is! 

Livid, no mocking from me as I go regularly with my wife and is a great experience at a wonderful venue.....have to admire the skill on show at the ROH as I do watching this fantastic team we have, enjoy.

Going to see The Nutcracker at the Royal Albert Hall on the 29th....close to seeing it this afternoon at Vile Park with the challenge on Ricardo

• Like 2

5 hours ago, UniFox21 said:

Norwich are a weird team who can turn it on and bring some great play. Expect another fairly defensive set up, and we'll need to be on our best to win.

You really think that?, we are challenging the Champions of Europe for the premier title, won the last 8 matches ,including the most recent 4-1 away, a 9-0, a 5-0 ,

but you have reservations about playing Norwich at home?

Do you actually watch our matches and comprehend, how good we are, compared with most teams?

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, treer said:

You really think that?, we are challenging the Champions of Europe for the premier title, won the last 8 matches ,including the most recent 4-1 away, a 9-0, a 5-0 ,

Do you actually watch our matches and comprehend, how good we are, compared with most teams?

Teams try to raise their game when they come to a top of the table side. No doubt Norwich will want to come here and rock the boat. They'll sit and try to be compact, and try to hit us.

Norwich beat Man City, lets not forget that. And they've given other teams a decent game. Take every team as a challenge and mentality won't be an issue. Going into a game expecting to win with an arrogance is one thing, but we can't get ahead of ourselves. 

• Like 3

9/9 for vardy and lcfc wins on the bounce. Struggle to break them down, 89th minute tap at the far post. 4.5 on the Richter scale and roof tiles dislodged all the way down upperton rd. then we go on to main rd 3-1 win and we all know what means.

seriously I see us winning this one comfortably. One or two posters saying we have to lose sometime but why.? Liverpool haven’t lost for 50odd games we only lost three games all season 2015/16. The longer we keep going the more confident we become and winning becomes a habit. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Solihullfox said:

Livid, no mocking from me as I go regularly with my wife and is a great experience at a wonderful venue.....have to admire the skill on show at the ROH as I do watching this fantastic team we have, enjoy.

Going to see The Nutcracker at the Royal Albert Hall on the 29th....close to seeing it this afternoon at Vile Park with the challenge on Ricardo

I go quite a bit to both Opera and Ballet but usually work it around home games at least. 

Heresy alert. I’d be massively tempted to bench Vardy for this game. Ian to start up top. Vardy 9/9 would be great, but I’d far sooner he was fresh and at peak for two massive games over Christmas. That’s more important than his personal milestone. I think we have enough to beat Norwich without him. 

• Haha 1

“Stupid”? 🤣🤣 Well, that’s me told. I’ll be sure to be more considered moving forward. 👍. Your point about inspiration is a valid one. Players will look for anything to act as a trigger to inspire them to play better. Vardy’s run is an example of that. But ultimately, they won’t care if they only win with own goals all season - as long as they win. Ending the year with a place in a cup semi, and within genuine touching distance of a title chance will likely inspire them more than JV’s streak continuing or not. I am confident our team morale is not that fragile. 

18 hours ago, RowlattsFox said:

Hard to see us not winning with their leaky defence and our incredible forward play. Must not be complacent though and earn the right for our quality to shine through.

Part of me wants to play Justin and rest Ricardo for the cup game but it will probably be other way round. 

Honestly, my give a shlt level for the League Cup has dropped multiple notches since we're going to Europe anyway.  It'd be nice to win it but I'm not making any moves that could hurt our chances in the league.  The FA Cup is obviously of more significance given our history, but still secondary to making sure we're in the CL and - unlikely thought it may be - making a run at Liverpool.

Edited by Deeg67
  • Like 4

8 hours ago, treer said:

You mean the matches against then-17th Everton and last place Watford which we were very lucky not to draw?

Take every opponent seriously.  And Norwich is no walkover - they compete every match and have the ability to pip a goal or two.  Looking ahead to the big two is a good way to slip on the banana skin.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

You mean the matches against then-17th Everton and last place Watford which we were very lucky not to draw?

Take every opponent seriously.  And Norwich is no walkover - they compete every match and have the ability to pip a goal or two.  Looking ahead to the big two is a good way to slip on the banana skin.

Agree completely. I find  a decent dose of humility goes a long way especially if combined with confidence. All teams in this league possess players who are very good and all teams have at least some who can hurt the opposition. No game is a given and Norwich will try hard and play some decent football. Trying to look ahead is a way sides like us will slip up. Take each game as it comes and see where it takes us.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, TrentFox said:

Heresy alert. I’d be massively tempted to bench Vardy for this game. Ian to start up top. Vardy 9/9 would be great, but I’d far sooner he was fresh and at peak for two massive games over Christmas. That’s more important than his personal milestone. I think we have enough to beat Norwich without him. 

I get where you're coming from. But Vardy is a player who thrives on this sort of run and the team feed off him. They're not even tugging him after he's scored and the games won atm. Doesn't seem to be doing him any harm. Give him a rest v Everton if you must but personally I wouldn't. He'll be buzzing for the City and Liverpool games. As will I 🤣

20 minutes ago, Deeg67 said:

Agreed. It's a game we should win and one I think we will win. But they rolled Man City over, and will not give us space. Could easily be like Everton / Watford and we might need to be patient. Great thing is we have shown we have plenty of that as well as a plan B and a plan C now. So I'm cautiously optimistic as they say 😁

12 hours ago, Corky said:

Iheanacho deserves to keep his place, as does Praet. I get the calls to rest Tielemans so does Choudhury come in or do we play Iheanacho out wide with Barnes/ Perez the other side?

Barnes in for Tielemans, Maddison plays deeper and Barnes is the 10. Added benefit of seeing Barnes as the 10 for the first time in the PL, which is his best position. When the game is dead, Hamza on for Barnes - no way Norwich can play through Hamza-Ndidi-Praet.

• Like 2

Pretty relaxed about this one. Unlike Everton and Watford who both setup deep blocks to frustrate us recently, Norwich literally can't / won't play that way and will turn up playing an open and expansive style. Perhaps the game will be similar to the Villa one where it gets rather basketball-esque at times, but we have much better quality than they do and expect us to win. At Carrow Road it might be a different story, but I think at a raucous KP it will be too much for them.

Whilst in this league any team can beat any other on their day, they have conceded the second most goals after Southampton, and it wouldn't surprise me if after this match, they have conceded the most. 

There's a lot to admire about them as a team, but if they don't change their style they will be relegated, and I think they are already resigned to that fact given the lack of investment they made in their squad in the summer.

• Like 2

Must win. Anyone mentioned that yet?  Give Norwich respect and then smash their back door in. Simple. 

In actual fact, though, our next 22 games are likely must win if we are to put any pressure on Liverpool at all. 

Stranger Things have happened, but not by much. Liverpool are an unstoppable train at the moment, but sometimes trains come off the tracks. I can see them losing a couple of games, but the 5 or so likely necessary - maybe not. 

we’re still winning the league though. 

3 hours ago, Deeg67 said:

Honestly, my give a shlt level for the League Cup has dropped multiple notches since we're going to Europe anyway.  It's be nice to win it but I'm not making any moves that could hurt our chances in the league.  The FA Cup is obviously of more significance given our history, but still secondary to making sure we're in the CL and - unlikely thought it may be - making a run at Liverpool.

Agree. Ww should go full strength against Norwich and then play a complete second XI against Everton in the cup. 

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

I wonder if we'll go with a similar formation. If we did rest Tielemans i'd go with a midfield of 

Ndidi

Praet    Maddison

Barnes

Barnes is just not cutting the mustard for me. Like Perez tbh.

These 2 areas are our weakest links. Yes they have played well in some games but the majority they have been piss poor.

Sign Zaha and Sign Bowen.

Loan barnes out to Norwich or villa until the end of the season

• Haha 1