Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Strokes

Getting brexit done!

Just now, Fox92 said:

Tbf I'm not really bothered man. What has happened has happened, that's it.

I just don't agree with the independance shite and Nigel Farage being all over the news. He's a moron.

As a Country there's bigger things to be done but you see some bloke trying to raise money so that Big Ben can chime. Jesus.

What is it about independence you don’t agree with?

4 hours ago, Fox92 said:

? We aren't "independent" from anything. Still part of the continent aren't we.

Other countries literally have Independence day from us because we went around owning and killing everyone.

However, I'm all for a public holiday but only when it includes Nigel Farage fvcking off forever.

And takes Widdecombe with him - couple of grotesque knobheads 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Tbf I'm not really bothered man. What has happened has happened, that's it.

I just don't agree with the independance shite and Nigel Farage being all over the news. He's a moron.

As a Country there's bigger things to be done but you see some bloke trying to raise money so that Big Ben can chime. Jesus. Same people probably wouldn't donate to a fund for more important social matters.

36 minutes ago, Strokes said:

What is it about independence you don’t agree with?

The spelling, apparently.

57 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

...shame almost no one agrees with him in the replies, though.

It's Twitter, the goto place for the cesspit of humanity.

3 minutes ago, MattP said:

It's Twitter, the goto place for the cesspit of humanity.

Were this a while back in time I'd wholeheartedly agree with you.

Now, however, given the depth of the polarisation to which various places have sunk, I wonder if Twitter is less a cesspit and more a mirror showing a reflection of what is really going on in more of humanity than we wanted to believe.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, leicsmac said:

Were this a while back in time I'd wholeheartedly agree with you.

Now, however, given the depth of the polarisation to which various places have sunk, I wonder if Twitter is less a cesspit and more a mirror showing a reflection of what is really going on in more of humanity than we wanted to believe.

Well it's certainly a cesspit from what I encounter in real life - maybe I'm just lucky.

1 minute ago, MattP said:

Well it's certainly a cesspit from what I encounter in real life - maybe I'm just lucky.

Oh yes, most of the time I encounter reasonable people myself - but given the decisions taken and the increasing levels of antagonism manifesting itself in political decisions in a lot of the world I would perhaps posit that yes, we are lucky, and that our experience might not be the most commonplace one. I hope I'm wrong, though.

8 minutes ago, Strokes said:

I guess that sums up this whole saga really, the EU meant very different things to so many of us.

That's true. And I think many passionate Remainers had a false view of it as well as many Brexiters. Personally I've always felt we were much better in than out, but I don't think the EU is a liberal eutopia by any stretch of the imagination. It just makaes a lot of things in my life a lot easier.

5 minutes ago, Legend_in_blue said:

All this freedom talk, we are free, seeing Widdicombe waving British flags at the EU in parliament (embarrassing as this was) etc etc.  Free from what exactly?  Will this new found freedom make an iota of difference?  Really?  

I think she was free of thrush and all the std's she got.

She was wAving the flag, to salute our British medicines to clear her up.  God bless Britian

• Haha 2