Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

WE WON A QUARTER FINAL! Everton 2-2p Leicester

22 minutes ago, Sean2000 said:

I thought he had a decent game last night!

About a month ago it was amazing that we “had this genuinely quality player that couldn’t even get in to the side” - now some don’t think he’ll make the step up. Clear as mud. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Yerry Mina giving chirps to Vardy before he slotted the winning penalty 😂😂

And Prickford with the shoulder shrug when he saved the first. What a dick that lad is.

Curb your dancing

5 hours ago, StanSP said:

Maddison 'awfully' wasteful? What? 

Praet was worse. 

Ndidi wasn't completely gone. 

Maddison came across as overly greedy in the final third during the second half. Too eager to score, too imprecise.

Praet wasted a glorious chance.

Ndidi didn't show up for most of the second half, our midfield crumbled more and more, the more attackers Everton put out.

5 hours ago, Nicolo Barella said:

Perhaps this is simply the side effect of not rotating them enough?

I'm not sure that this is the main reason. They may have been tired, but Everton have had a similar schedule and I thought we looked comfortable on the ball as the second half progressed, and at one point, after a handful of wasted chances, we simply didn't really try to threaten Pickford any longer.

We were just happy not to allow Everton approach our own box.

We were careless and sloppy in an attacking sense, a dangerous mindset when being 2-0 up, thinking it'd go our way anyway. It did in the end, but it could've been so much easier.

It's great that we've progressed to the semi-final stage - yesterday's performance in the second half, however, leaves a bit of a sour taste behind. Rodgers' substitutions were also rather questionable.

Edited by MC Prussian

7 hours ago, CUJimmy said:

Agreed about Wes last night.  He still scares the crap out of me when he tries to play it out from the back but he seemed to settle into it.

First hour we were really composed 2-0 up and cruising, a couple of good chances spurned after the break - Dennis 1 on 1 with the keeper and a 2v1 overlap where Madders (I think) turned back inside.

After an hour they seemed to increase their intensity and we started mis-placing passes under pressure.  This is probably the key to taking the next step, top teams like Man City last year can do this but we seemed to start to panic.  The goal lifted them further, the crowd suddenly became very loud, Cags missed a couple of clearing passes and even Evans resorted to poorly aimed hoofs that just gave them the ball back.

The composure came back for the pens (except Madders who seems to miss more often than he scores), Chilly looked confident, Ricky is so cool it defies belief and it was great to see Demi put his hand up even though he hasn’t had many minutes recently.  Vards was just never missing under those circumstances, the man is a machine.  Big shout to Kasper, the mind-games of standing in front of the penalty taker and walking slowly backwards must make him look huge.

Funny moment of the night was at half-time one of their fans asking to borrow my scarf so his mate could take a photo with a Premier League winners one.

Scary moment was walking back to the Air BnB which was only 200 yards away though a large crowd of very pissed off scousers.

Nothing wrong with his composure at all. Hit it hard and wide, and heading 2/3 the way up the inside of the post. Compare it to Everton's first two.

Sometimes it's more about the save than the shot.

49243470112_cc0a0bb1fc_b.jpg

• Like 1

I didn’t mean to imply that he wasn’t composed although looking back I can see that it reads that way.  As a team we recovered well from conceding the late goal; Everton should have had the momentum at that point but their first two penalties were both very poor.  The fact remains though that for whatever reason Maddison does not have a great record as a penalty taker, I almost feel more confident when he is 10 yards further out with 4 of their defenders standing in the way!

10 hours ago, Bazly said:

I have a bad feeling that Praet isn't going to ever get up to speed in the Premier League. 

We'll have him working on his pressing for sure - there's a lot of running around without putting much pressure on the ball - and how he tracks runners. It's worrying at times to see players nipping in behind him. His shooting could do with some improvement too.

He's not been great these past couple of games, but the team as a whole seems jaded - the pressing a yard off the pace, sloppy passing, players switching off and panicking, less effective in the final ten mins - so I wouldn't single him out. Other than, perhaps, on the grounds that Youri, Barnes, Soyuncu and Maddison can claim fatigue as a reason for their performances, whereas Praet can't. Neither can Perez, Choudhury, Gray and Marc, for that matter. They haven't quite seized their opportunities either.

On the plus side, from what I've seen he's a clever player, capable of moving the ball quickly (something we've struggled with in perhaps four of the last five games). Tidy, but also attack-minded. If our regulars are feeling leggy, or - worse still - sides are sussing us, then if Praet can produce his best form then he could help us through a sticky patch, while others rest up and we make the necessary tweaks.

• 3 weeks later...

Can somebody put me right, was speaking to a Everton fan earlier, and he said the Leicester fans was being knobs saying Boris Johnson is going to close down the NHS, to the Everton fans, I said I couldn’t comment as I wasn’t there, but I’m sure we was misheard, am I right or is he? 

1 minute ago, dayday said:

Can somebody put me right, was speaking to a Everton fan earlier, and he said the Leicester fans was being knobs saying Boris Johnson is going to close down the NHS, to the Everton fans, I said I couldn’t comment as I wasn’t there, but I’m sure we was misheard, am I right or is he? 

I think there were chants of 'there's only one Boris Johnson'

4 minutes ago, StanSP said:

I think there were chants of 'there's only one Boris Johnson'

Ok, forgive my ignorance, but why is this more insulting to people from Liverpool than people from Leicester? Both are strong Labour towns.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Ok, forgive my ignorance, but why is this more insulting to people from Liverpool than people from Leicester? Both are strong Labour towns.

Relates to Tories not being welcome in Liverpool, dating back to Thatcher PM era.

9 minutes ago, Beechey said:

Liverpool fans wanting to be the victim.

It's so dumb.

Thanks, but I must be honest, I had hoped for a more justifiable reaction from the Scousers than the usual need to be perceived as special.

Not a dig at you @Beechey (l appreciate you responding) I am just incredulous that grown adults feel that they have the right to be so highly regarded without merit.

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Relates to Tories not being welcome in Liverpool, dating back to Thatcher PM era.

But that makes no sense, it not like Leicester is in the Home Counties and teasing about tories could apply to either set of fans :blink:

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

But that makes no sense, it not like Leicester is in the Home Counties and teasing about tories could apply to either set of fans :blink:

I think it is perhaps that they perceive Johnson as more seriously dangerous than a cuddly bumbling figure of fun. 

1 minute ago, HighPeakFox said:

I think it is perhaps that they perceive Johnson as more seriously dangerous than a cuddly bumbling figure of fun. 

Still does not address their specific need to be offended over other groups of fans mind.

Scousers hate the Tories more than anyone, because the Thatcher government came very close to just pulling out and leaving the place to rot - basically blaming them for striking too much... 

https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2011/dec/30/thatcher-government-liverpool-riots-1981

...which makes the Johnson chanters quite politically well-informed, for knobheads

Edited by Bourbon Fox

yep, there was “one boris johnson”, “feed the scousers”, “boris, oh boris johnson will take your nhs” and probably others. 

the last one the most incredible. “your” NHS. it’s everyone’s NHS you fu cking dopes. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

yep, there was “one boris johnson”, “feed the scousers”, “boris, oh boris johnson will take your nhs” and probably others. 

the last one the most incredible. “your” NHS. it’s everyone’s NHS you fu cking dopes. 

Disagree with the need to chant anything like it but I think it was ‘will take your benefits’

• Thanks 1