Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

WE WON A QUARTER FINAL! Everton 2-2p Leicester

33 minutes ago, ScouseFox said:

will say however, yeah he saved us in the shootout, but kasper is such a pr ick with his choice of distribution most the time. there are so many times when we need to calm down, go long, or just wait 5 seconds before doing anything because we're under massive pressure. and he just rolls it out to ndidi or praet, under pressure from about 4 people and it is just daft. 

but yeah he saved them pens so who cares right now. 

Yep his distribution was poor tonight which is unusual as hes got much better this season. Penalty saves were class though so cant moan too much, just cant be giving the ball away like that on the edge of our own box as a better team would punish us! 

1 hour ago, Corky said:

45 minutes ago we were a bunch of bottlers heading out in disgrace and now we are virtually in the final lol

This forum is brilliant.

Isn't it just. It shocks me that  "fans" are giving up on their team before the game ends.

• Haha 1

The pens were all so well taken. Well done lads.

We are happy now but some of those substitutions at the end invited so much pressue on us. We are a little lucky to get through especially since Mina missed an easy chance in the second half. Praet and Marc I thought were particularly underwhelming. 

Still, we made it. Think we will have to play better over two legs against Villa to progress. Up the Foxes

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

Thought we were really good first half, not sure what happened second half.

Great penos (Never confident or comfortable with Maddison taking one though) and great saves!

It was my fault lol

I watched the first half and then didn't get home until we were in penalties. I left with a comfortable 2-nil lead and came back to 2-2.

9 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

2-0 up and you almost ****ed it up. :whistle:

Seeing a sluggish Leighton Baines at age 35 score a worldie brought back bad Kompany memories.

Brendan, why does three at the back not work against four attackers?

The first thing Söyüncü did was giving the ball away.

Choudhury came on too late for Praet.

Some of our midfielders need a bit of a rollicking again. Maddison awfully wasteful, Praet close second. Ndidi completely gone in the second half.

Albrighton unlucky hitting the bar. Perez with a great shot parried by Pickford.

Perhaps this is simply the side effect of not rotating them enough?

9 hours ago, MC Prussian said:

2-0 up and you almost ****ed it up. :whistle:

Seeing a sluggish Leighton Baines at age 35 score a worldie brought back bad Kompany memories.

Brendan, why does three at the back not work against four attackers?

The first thing Söyüncü did was giving the ball away.

Choudhury came on too late for Praet.

Some of our midfielders need a bit of a rollicking again. Maddison awfully wasteful, Praet close second. Ndidi completely gone in the second half.

Albrighton unlucky hitting the bar. Perez with a great shot parried by Pickford.

Maddison 'awfully' wasteful? What? 

Praet was worse. 

Ndidi wasn't completely gone. 

We're very close to being an excellent side. It's just that final piece of quality out wide which is the issue.

Albrighton to this side is what Nugent was after promotion, lacking in quality. He's not got the technical quality to be of use in this side which was evident again last night with the amount of times he gives the ball away. The amount of times he cuts back and crosses from 40 yards when it is not on is infuriating, his crossing isn't even that good, he just puts in so many that eventually you will put in some with quality. He's fortunate in a sense that Gray still looks so anonymous in games that Albrighton's sheer work rate gets him a look in at times. Barnes is obviously still not the final product, but he offers a far more consistent threat than Gray and has a work rate similar to Albrighton's.

That's the area we need improvement though. I think you would see an improvement out of Perez too, who could potentially link up more centrally, if we had more threat out wide. 

Praet was a huge plus for me. He gave the ball away a few times, but he didnt shy away from getting on it again and looked a yard quicker than he has done previous. I thought he actually looked very capable of being the box to box player we dont really have in the middle of the park.

I thought we played a lot better than the home game against them, and only looked like conceding as we missed more and more openings. 

I dont think Rodgers subs were the wrong ones, but the Gray sub was the one which highlights the weakness we have out wide. It's worrying that 35 year old Baines was a greater threat going forward at the end of the game than a fresh Gray was, just about subs him up for us, he's just not good enough. People criticize Perez, but even in a position he isnt suited to, he has more positional awareness to be actually able to get on the ball.....He actually puts a foot in too. Gray needs to go out on, a final chance to see if regular game time for 6 months can show us something we havent seen.

Positive performance for me. Made more difficult by mainly fringe players showing they lack the quality we need to continue to progress with us, unable to contribute when the better players had put them 2-0 up. Big shout to Wes actually. Thought he was 'anonymously great', completely assured, actually looked like an 'Old head' back there, and I mean that positively. Didnt have that frantic/rushed look that he used to have. Great on the ball too. Again, another example of Rodgers giving a player confidence. Miles better than Mina/Keane.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Maddison 'awfully' wasteful? What? 

Praet was worse. 

Ndidi wasn't completely gone. 

I think the issue is that Maddison took the wrong option time and time again second half, whereas Praet was looking to take the right option, but was still struggling at times with the intensity.

I recall Praet giving the ball away more, but through still not yet being 100% used to the contrasting style from the Italian league ratger than being selfish. The best example would be both Praet's 1v1. Maddison had the chance to play Gray in for an identical chance 2nd half but shot and went harmlessly wide.

I think Maddison is starting to realkse though that with him, less is often more. More quality of options in the final 3rd and he becomes an even better player. His defensive work is a lot better too, multiple times he came back and won several tackles against Coleman. He's getting a better number 8 game after game, like I say, with quality out wide he will find he will become a better player with it. 

"Wembley Hilton? It's fazzyfox here, I know I've cancelled several times in the past but I want your best room, a jaccuzzi full of champagne and enough wardrobe space for my blue and white clown wig & jesters hat, fox mask and cape made from our title win flag....It's happening!!!!!"

2 minutes ago, fazzyfox said:

"Wembley Hilton? It's fazzyfox here, I know I've cancelled several times in the past but I want your best room, a jaccuzzi full of champagne and enough wardrobe space for my blue and white clown wig & jesters hat, fox mask and cape made from our title win flag....It's happening!!!!!"

...and free cancellation. 

• Haha 1

Felt sorry for Everton. It really did seem like their big night out and looked like they were desperate to progress. 

Reminded me of ourselves back in the days where all that mattered was us running about and showing passion because we'd been so bad for so long. 

They scored two brilliant goals mind but we could have won that 3-5 and they'd have been no complaints.

Whether we won 9-0 or drew 2-2 will matter not as no-one really cares about a QF, can we now go on and win it?