Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

WE WON A QUARTER FINAL! Everton 2-2p Leicester

2 minutes ago, Manini said:

To be fair, I know hindsight is 20/20 but Albrighton should score and Praet also had a golden chance - either of those go in its game over, it was completely naive by us. 

But yeah, if my aunt had balls and all that so I take your point.  

Yeah they both should have scored, but that again is something the team needs to improve on, and I expect will improve on over time. Albrighton is very much a squad player these days, and I think we will be looking for more quality down the wings either in January or the Summer. Praet I really rate as a player, but his scoring rate in Italy was poor, and you can see why. He's a very good technical player, but lacks the composure that Tielemans and Maddison have, though in his case he might improve on it with an extended run in the side.

That's the difference though isn't it. Liverpool played average against Watford and won 2-0, we played average against Norwich and drew 1-1. The fine margins make a big difference!

• Like 2

38 minutes ago, trabuch said:

That draw is so obviously a fix. They are desperately trying to make it look like the draws aren't fixed. They are using the league cup as a smokescreen for the fixes in all the other "more important" cups. :D

im calling fix there not going to turn down the chance of two Manchester derbys :ph34r:

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yeah they both should have scored, but that again is something the team needs to improve on, and I expect will improve on over time. Albrighton is very much a squad player these days, and I think we will be looking for more quality down the wings either in January or the Summer. Praet I really rate as a player, but his scoring rate in Italy was poor, and you can see why. He's a very good technical player, but lacks the composure that Tielemans and Maddison have, though in his case he might improve on it with an extended run in the side.

That's the difference though isn't it. Liverpool played average against Watford and won 2-0, we played average against Norwich and drew 1-1. The fine margins make a big difference!

The fine lines....??  These last few Games we would of lost in the past...!!!

We are Finding some steel...we are Learning und evolving..

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Yep. True. It makes you realise how lucky we are to have Tielemans and Maddison. Their goals/assists are incredibly decent for playing in midfield. It’s scary to think just how good Maddison is at his age. If we can keep hold of these for a few years we will have the most complete midfield in the league with Wilf playing behind (he’s a monster by the way and does every bit as good a job as Kante did for me). There’s goals there, somebody to pick a pass, assists, strong tackles, composure on the ball. And all under 25 years old. Mental. 

Liverpool are a well crafted, well oiled machine. I mentioned earlier in the week but they’ll go down as one of the best, most clinical teams in PL, maybe even football history.

Edited by Manini
  • Like 2

19 minutes ago, Manini said:

To be fair Goodison Park is more like a decrepit, 70 year old allotment shed these days.....but I’ll take the sentiment

Google what an allotment is I’m not sure if you’ll get that reference because I think you’re from the states(?) lol 

May be. But listening to the volume from that old field sure doesn't make it an easy place to get a result.

10 minutes ago, Manini said:

Yep. True. It makes you realise how lucky we are to have Tielemans and Maddison. Their goals/assists are incredibly decent for playing in midfield. It’s scary to think just how good Maddison is at his age. If we can keep hold of these for a few years we will have the most complete midfield in the league with Wilf playing behind (he’s a monster by the way and does every bit as good a job as Kante did for me). There’s goals there, somebody to pick a pass, assists, strong tackles, composure on the ball. And all under 25 years old. Mental. 

Liverpool are a well crafted, well oiled machine. I mentioned earlier in the week but they’ll go down as one of the best, most clinical teams in PL, maybe even football history.

Maddison's improvement since Rodgers has taken over has been incredible. That he has been able to add so many goals to his game is really exciting as I believe it shows that other players in the team could develop and improve that aspect of their game. Really hoping Harvey Barnes can learn from him, because he gets one or two gilt edged chances every game!

1 minute ago, Manini said:

My favourite ground in the country to be honest 

I love old buildings and stadiums. But admitting that I liked Goodison when I was following Rodgers at Liverpool would have attracted extreme hate.

Not quite Celtic/Rangers levels of hate but extreme none the less. Still want to go there some day.:ph34r:

will say however, yeah he saved us in the shootout, but kasper is such a pr ick with his choice of distribution most the time. there are so many times when we need to calm down, go long, or just wait 5 seconds before doing anything because we're under massive pressure. and he just rolls it out to ndidi or praet, under pressure from about 4 people and it is just daft. 

but yeah he saved them pens so who cares right now. 

Rather happy right now :celebrate:

I am clearly too nice a person though as I am feeling a bit bad for the Everton players... they have only just started their recovery from our last minute win the other day, for us to then go and do this to them :giggle: They are going to seriously be after our blood in the next league match, 

• Haha 1

1st half we were great and should have been out of sight but we seemed to take the foot off 2nd half. Whilst both their goals were good from their point of view, they were very avoidable from ours. 1st goal, Davies totally unmarked in the box and I've no idea why none of our players went to close down Baines for the 2nd! Great to get through but we really should have finished them off easy in 90 minutes.