Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

WE WON A QUARTER FINAL! Everton 2-2p Leicester

12 minutes ago, Hollyfox said:

Best draw we could have got tbh. 

Get a lead and counter at villa. 

If they got ahead from the 1st leg at Villa, then they could be very difficult to break down in the 2nd leg. 

Delighted 💙👍

My feelings exactly. Home first is better

Also even though it was for them, but how good was that goal by Leighton Baines!!!?

I think it says a lot that we won this game away from home, with a manager that had them up for it after giving up a two goal advantage and conceding a  worldy, not to mention missing our first penalty. That takes mental strength, and we have it!

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 4

Goes to show how find the margins can be. Sharkey so unlucky with his effort that hit the bar. An inch lower, 3-0 game over and we probably go on to get an other Instead they go up pitch score a belter and then it's backs to the wall squeaky bum time all the way to pens

3 minutes ago, SO1 said:

We beat them in their house.

To be fair Goodison Park is more like a decrepit, 70 year old allotment shed these days.....but I’ll take the sentiment

Google what an allotment is I’m not sure if you’ll get that reference because I think you’re from the states(?) lol 

Edited by Manini

7 minutes ago, Suzie the Fox said:

I'm still standing! Dont undererstimate my skills Fuchs :P 

That Shows how far you 'r gone Suzie!!    Having your back on the table top is not,I repeat...not Standing up..!!!

mind you...respect respect.. You can Type better than most when sober....!!! :crylaugh:

Now my nerves have settled. I think that in the long run that will do us some good. Hopefully we will have learned a few things from the game. We basically blew a comfortable lead (not like us) and missed a load of chances (also not like us). For a game or so, Vardy has been a bit off form - by his very high standards - but the winning penalty will do him no harm at all.  Winning is a habit, and we are back in that habit. 

Just now, fuchsntf said:

That Shows how far you 'r gone Suzie!!    Having your back on the table top is not,I repeat...not Standing up..!!!

mind you...respect respect.. You can Type better than most when sober....!!! :crylaugh:

I beg to differ, i'm sure @HighPeakFoxwill pick me up on something or other :P

the pedantic ****er lol 

• Haha 2

We deserved to win tonight. Took our game to them when they've been on a bit of a high, had a few good results and Ferguson has them battling for every ball. First hour or so we were superb and should have been out of sight. Saved by a rocket in the last minute but we kept our cool and progressed. Big saves from Kasper!

Also Maddison's finish with the outside of the boot was disgusting. 

Edited by LCCFox96
  • Like 1

To those saying we were poor second half, have a word. We were always the more comfortable,  praet and albrighton should have put beyond reach way before Davies gets on the end of that cross. Baines strike was as good as you'll see anywhere, they happen a few times a season. We carried a threat throughout, soyuncu coming on was to help nullify the long throws and direct play. I didn't feel like we dropped deep or hugely changed approach. Ndidi and Madders were superb, Ricardo and Chilly also back at it. The pens win clearly makes up for the lead being lost but in no way was that an abject second half. Nothing wrong with being disappointed but be fair? 

• Like 3

Just now, StriderHiryu said:

I think to look at the game again, you can see we are still a young team because we sat off the game too much after the second, when we should have killed the game off completely. I think this will come in time, but it's the next step we need to make as an outfit.

To be fair, I know hindsight is 20/20 but Albrighton should score and Praet also had a golden chance - either of those go in its game over, it was completely naive by us. 

But yeah, if my aunt had balls and all that so I take your point.  

• Like 1