Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
jonthefox

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals.

4 hours ago, Izzy said:

Merry Christmas you bunch of tossers :D

Lets raise a glass to our old friends @Buce and @lifted*fox who are no longer with us on FT :(

Having read your post in another thread about Christmas, I hope your daughter doesn't put to much strain on you and it goes as well as it can.

Our 27yr old daughter is here for the next two days and she brings a lot of challenges with her ADHD and Bi-Polar disorder. Last year I had to force her into the car and take her home on Christmas day after she had a meltdown over dinner and cut her arms and face with a smashed glass. Sadly, I fractured a bone in her ankle trying to manhandle her to the car as she screamed and fought against me. So I have some understanding of your concerns about family time together. :thumbup:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

6 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Having read your post in another thread about Christmas, I hope your daughter doesn't put to much strain on you and it goes as well as it can.

Our 27yr old daughter is here for the next two days and she brings a lot of challenges with her ADHD and Bi-Polar disorder. Last year I had to force her into the car and take her home on Christmas day after she had a meltdown over dinner and cut her arms and face with a smashed glass. Sadly, I fractured a bone in her ankle trying to manhandle her to the car as she screamed and fought against me. So I have some understanding of your concerns about family time together. :thumbup:

Thanks man, I hope things go O.K. with your own daughter this year, sounds grim last year :(

Me and my daughter got Xmas off to a flying start today with a blazing row in the kitchen so she picked up a wooden chair and smashed it on the ground. I then proceeded to open up one of our wrapped up presents to her (£40 in cash) and told her that was paying for a new chair.

Fair to say today's been shite but as expected. Only another two weeks before she fvcks off back to school :rolleyes:

God I wish I still drank alcohol!!! (but I'd probably kill her if I was pissed..)

• Sad 1

Yet so many people think Christmas is a happy family time and it probably is for the vast majority, but those of us that suffer unseen torment behind closed doors with our own offspring/partners/family members, it's far from a pleasant, happy time of the year. Which is one of the reasons I hate it, can't look forward to it and wish it never happens.

Still, for all those that truly celebrate joyously with those they love, Happy Christmas.

Edited by Parafox

4 minutes ago, Parafox said:

Yet so many people think Christmas is a happy family time and it probably is for the vast majority, but those of us that suffer unseen torment behind closed doors with our own offspring/partners/family members, it's far from a pleasant, happy time of the year. Which is one of the reasons I hate it, can't look forward to it and wish it never happens.

Still, for all those that truly celebrate joyously with those they love, Happy Christmas.

Look after yourself. Be kind to yourself. 

I want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas. I sincerely mean it when I say that you are all a very big part of my life, and some of you have helped me through the worst times of my life. 

A high point for me is that we have my other half's children for Christmas this year for the first time and we are all enjoying it. A low point has been that their Mum has rung them this evening, and cried and made them feel guilty for being here. 

I feel so much for the people who don't get to enjoy the traditional family Christmas for whatever the reason, and wish them the best most of all 

On a brighter note it's only two more sleeps, I really can't wait for the match, hopefully we'll take all the points :)

Merry Christmas to you all :santa:

• Like 3