Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
casablancas

It’s happened. Ricardo has finally landed on the world stage

On 28/12/2019 at 10:09, Itsthejoeker said:

Getting fed up of being a scout for big clubs who can afford to discover their own talent. 

It’s horrible isn’t it, buying a player for about £15m, selling them for a club record and then replacing them with decent options for a fraction of the price.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Costock_Fox said:

It’s horrible isn’t it, buying a player for about £15m, selling them for a club record and then replacing them with decent options for a fraction of the price.

I’d rather keep the good players at our club, but if you’re happy for us to be a stepping stone and then improve our rivals then that’s your prerogative. 

Just now, Itsthejoeker said:

I’d rather keep the good players at our club, but if you’re happy for us to be a stepping stone and then improve our rivals then that’s your prerogative. 

Realistically we will probably sell a player each summer and if that means keeping the rest of the team together to become a better team then so be it. I’d rather we didn’t but the only clubs in the world that aren’t are Barcelona and Real.

• Like 1

It'd be Spurs I'd worry about if they get Champions League football (and we don't). I know it's fun to bash them, Mourinho could persuade him, and they're still a relatively decent proposition - whether or not they'd stump up the cash is another thing but they desperately need a competent right back...

Edited by Langston

On 28/12/2019 at 10:09, somebum said:

99.99 percent of that gossip page turns out complete nonsense.

I'm not convinced 0.1% of it turns out to be true! It really is just clickbait nonsense that people who know nothing about football click on, read and take as gospel! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Langston said:

It'd be Spurs I'd worry about if they get Champions League football (and we don't). I know it's fun to bash them, Mourinho could persuade him, and they're still a relatively decent proposition - whether or not they'd stump up the cash is another thing but they desperately need a competent right back...

Hahaha

The only way he is going for £30mn is if there is a buy out clause. Even some reports say that is unlikely to be the price we would extract for his sale. I recon it'd be around £45mn but if we are a club with ambition then we shouldn't really be offloading our top performers should we? No club can afford to sell their best player every year and we have theoretically done that with Kante in 2017, Mahrez in 18 and Maguire in 19 and seriously be looking to go anywhere but relegation one day.

37 minutes ago, Bazly said:

The only way he is going for £30mn is if there is a buy out clause. Even some reports say that is unlikely to be the price we would extract for his sale. I recon it'd be around £45mn but if we are a club with ambition then we shouldn't really be offloading our top performers should we? No club can afford to sell their best player every year and we have theoretically done that with Kante in 2017, Mahrez in 18 and Maguire in 19 and seriously be looking to go anywhere but relegation one day.

Kante 2016.

I thought the club has already said that there are no buy out clauses in contracts any more.  There might be ‘gentlemens agreements’ like Mahrez claimed to have but they are not worth the paper they are (not) written on.

Having said that if Barca come in for him it would be hard to stand in his way but we would want to extract top dollar (>80 million) and push for a season long loan back.  He wants to get back in the Portugal team so needs a guaranteed starting spot and CL football.  Both of which we will be able to offer next year 🙏

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, Bazly said:

The key is getting better players in.

Our good players are bound to leave us as there are levels. Clubs like us can't keep players away from bigger clubs, just like the bigger clubs can't keep their players from going to Barca/Real Madrid who are the biggest two clubs in the World.

If we lose a player then we've got to get a better player in. That's what we've been doing well and that was the downfall for Southampton when they stopped getting in quality players (Van Dijk, Mane, Wanyama etc).

• Like 1