Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

2020 deathlist

3 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Reports suggesting that Papa Bouba Diop has died.

Only 42. Loved 'the wardrobe' when he was at Fulham 

I didn't mind him at Fulham either. Portsmouth too if I recall?

For next year's deathlist thread we should also have a 2021 Bingo section to predict what absurd world events will befall us next.

Stuff like surprise elections, an alien or zombie crisis, COVID 19.16785 or, Brexit accidentally turns out to be a success.

Black Hitler is already taken BTW.

12 minutes ago, Blue Fox 72 said:

The voice of golf gone. RIP. :)

Peter Alliss: Legendary BBC golf commentator dies at 89 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/55204070

One day, you're smiling and waving on the green, next day you're in the bunker or in the water....or something. :cry:

I've never played golf or followed it, so cannot comment on his expertise about golf.

But my Dad was a big golf fan (and decent player) so I ended up listening to Alliss a fair bit over the years.

He always seemed a great performer as a commentator - great voice tone and amusing, original way of expressing himself, without playing the clown too much or talking incessantly.....seemed (to an amateur) an exceptionally good commentator, basically.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Alf Bentley said:

One day, you're smiling and waving on the green, next day you're in the bunker or in the water....or something. :cry:

I've never played golf or followed it, so cannot comment on his expertise about golf.

But my Dad was a big golf fan (and decent player) so I ended up listening to Alliss a fair bit over the years.

He always seemed a great performer as a commentator - great voice tone and amusing, original way of expressing himself, without playing the clown too much or talking incessantly.....seemed (to an amateur) an exceptionally good commentator, basically.

He was a good player too in his day and his SOH defined by the number plate on his Rolls Royce being ‘Putt 3’ after he lost the Ryder Cup once by three putting the final green.

His commentary of the Masters in the mid 80’s really got me into golf and I vaguely remember watching ‘a round with Allis’ when he played with Tarbuck, Forsythe and other entertainers.

A true legend of the game and he’ll be sadly missed.

• Like 2

On 06/12/2020 at 06:19, Blue Fox 72 said:

The voice of golf gone. RIP. :(

Peter Alliss: Legendary BBC golf commentator dies at 89 - https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/golf/55204070

The greatest golf commentator ever. An artist/master of the written picture. The Open will never be the same without him.

Loved to listen to him talk, tell stories, paint pictures, tell jokes, about anything. Used to love listening to him on the BBC with those full round broadcasts of the Greatest Championship in the world. The Open Championship. Thanks Peter and Godspeed to you.

51 minutes ago, SO1 said:

The greatest golf commentator ever. An artist/master of the written picture. The Open will never be the same without him.

Loved to listen to him talk, tell stories, paint pictures, tell jokes, about anything. Used to love listening to him on the BBC with those full round broadcasts of the Greatest Championship in the world. The Open Championship. Thanks Peter and Godspeed to you.

If you've got 15 mins spare, have a watch of this if you've not see it.

Peter Alliss' acceptance speech into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2012

Just brilliant.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 07/12/2020 at 19:13, Izzy said:

If you've got 15 mins spare, have a watch of this if you've not see it.

Peter Alliss' acceptance speech into the World Golf Hall of Fame in 2012

Just brilliant.

One of those people who could paint pictures in words. You can just imagine everything he is describing. Amazing, humble, self-deprecating but funny man. I'm not a follower of golf and I don't play, but he made it so listenable and watchable. 

Edited by Parafox

5 hours ago, Trav Le Bleu said:

Four jets have just passed over, side by side, flying slowly. Some kind of tribute?

I saw those as I was driving down the M1 on the way home from work, around 2:15? They were quite a way up when I saw them though. Really long trails. 

4 hours ago, pSinatra said:

I live close to RAF Scampton & often see the Red Arrows flying about.  Usually, at least once a week.  Nothing today

Spooky . I had never heard of RAF Scampton until watching a programme about the dambusters raid at the weekend - now heard it twice in less than a week 

2 hours ago, stix said:

I saw those as I was driving down the M1 on the way home from work, around 2:15? They were quite a way up when I saw them though. Really long trails. 

Yep, about that time.

Maybe instead of vaccinating us they've just dumped loads of sterilizing chemical on Leicester.