Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

2020 deathlist

13 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I wonder if it has anything to do with heading the ball?

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I remember Jeff Astle and Danny Blanchflower's deaths were recorded as 'death by industrial injury' which meant repeated trauma to the brain from heading the ball - both had Alzheimer's.

I don't remember football in the 60's but seeing and hearing about those heavy leather balls (especially when wet) it must have been like heading a brick.

Just now, Izzy said:

Wouldn't surprise me in the slightest. I remember Jeff Astle and Danny Blanchflower's deaths were recorded as 'death by industrial injury' which meant repeated trauma to the brain from heading the ball - both had Alzheimer's.

I don't remember football in the 60's but seeing and hearing about those heavy leather balls (especially when wet) it must have been like heading a brick.

I played for my school back in the 60's/70's and those balls were awful. If the laces caught you on your skin it left an imprinted lace pattern on you. I recall having neck pain and a headache after such a ball hit me on the back of my head. Then there were the boots... solid leather with metal screw-in studs. Lethal.

2 minutes ago, Parafox said:

I played for my school back in the 60's/70's and those balls were awful. If the laces caught you on your skin it left an imprinted lace pattern on you. I recall having neck pain and a headache after such a ball hit me on the back of my head. Then there were the boots... solid leather with metal screw-in studs. Lethal.

Imagine being a pro and heading those balls repeatedly every day for 10 years. I'm obviously no expert but there must be some correlation between so many players from that generation suffering from degenerative brain diseases. Really sad especially as most of them also earnt fvck all and had to end up selling all their medals etc. 

19 hours ago, Izzy said:

Imagine being a pro and heading those balls repeatedly every day for 10 years. I'm obviously no expert but there must be some correlation between so many players from that generation suffering from degenerative brain diseases. Really sad especially as most of them also earnt fvck all and had to end up selling all their medals etc. 

Tragic. Also there needs to be a look at boxers who repeatedly get head trauma. There must be so many others that haven't been recognised.

Edited by Parafox

On 01/11/2020 at 19:59, Izzy said:

Thats Why I am a registered Doolally....:banana:  :bounce:

10 hours ago, Webbo said:

Peter Sutcliffe, the Yorkshire Ripper. Rot in hell. 

I hope suffered long and hard and pleaded for his life while the nurses stood by, giving him the 3rd finger gesture.

Edited by Parafox

On 06/11/2020 at 17:03, SouthStandUpperTier said:

Fawlty Towers, I want my sausages. - Imgflip

lol Just seen this.

One of my favourite Fawlty Towers episodes this one. Pretty sure I heard John Cleese say it was one of the best too.

• Like 1