Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Bilo

2020 deathlist

1 hour ago, tom27111 said:

Very mixed feelings about Diego.

Undoubtedly one of the greats, but a lot of trouble.

England v Argentina is actually the first match I can remember watching on TV. 

The drug use, the controversies...

That fight against Athletico Bilbao in the Copa del Ray final was just unbelievable. 

Barca knew he was more trouble than he was worth.

His legendary status at Napoli was tainted towards the end too.

Still, 60 is no age to die nowadays. I guess his lifestyle caught up with him, despite numerous warnings.

Shown in isolation, it looks psychopathic, but watch the extended version and see how much shit he took before he cracked and suddenly it seems quite understandable:

Edited by Buce
  • Like 3

9 minutes ago, Buce said:

Shown in isolation, it looks psychopathic, but watch the extended version and see how much shit he took before he cracked and suddenly it seems quite understandable:

Still mental! Don't remember anything like this in English football, apart from 1989 when Arenal and Man Utd both got points docked

25 minutes ago, Buce said:

Awful. It's like the AB players had been instructed to assault him. That said said, the ref was as weak as paediatric piss.

All round..life I prefer Pele..Better than Messi,I cant Call it...:dunno:

But on those green fields,he was Poetry in motion...and he was got at,most fouled player in Football history.

Italians especially took no prisoners..!!

He was Simply Great & mesmerising to watch...

1 minute ago, Dr Marco said:

A genius but a cheater

As a distraught 13 year old youth, it took me months to get over the hand of god incident.
I hated Maradonna back then but now I’m all old and mellow, I’m surprised how gutted I feel about his death actually.
He was totally unique, a footballing icon and went from the ghetto and no education to winning the World Cup pretty much single handedly.
Regardless of the drugs, cheating and other stuff, it’s a sad day for world football really. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Free Falling Foxes said:

Hand Hand of God?

Hand of "let's make money out of this" more likely. Subscribe to All4/C4 and it's available.

FFS. Last night's The GBBO is available immediately.

Edited by Parafox

Decent documentary about 5 freestyle footballers (one of them Jeremy Lynch) without a penny between them.  Travelling through the USA, Central America & finally Argentina in the hope of meeting their idol, Maradona.

Not too much to do with Maradona, but a good watch anyway

Edited by pSinatra
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, pSinatra said:

Decent documentary about 5 freestyle footballers (one of them Jeremy Lynch) without a penny between them.  Travelling through the USA, Central America & finally Argentina in the hope of meeting their idol, Maradona.

Not too much to do with Maradona, but a good watch anyway

I have to be at home all day tomorrow awaiting a new comfy chair. When it arrives I will watch this. Thanks. 

18 minutes ago, Izzy said:

As a distraught 13 year old youth, it took me months to get over the hand of god incident.
I hated Maradonna back then but now I’m all old and mellow, I’m surprised how gutted I feel about his death actually.
He was totally unique, a footballing icon and went from the ghetto and no education to winning the World Cup pretty much single handedly.
Regardless of the drugs, cheating and other stuff, it’s a sad day for world football really. 

I see what you did there

Edited by FoxesDeb
  • Haha 1

Those of us of a certain age will remember Dave Prowse as the green cross code man with very effective adverts at the time. Meet him at the space centre a few years back, seemed a genuine likeable bloke but I’m glad that they didn’t use his voice as darth as well, imagine a West Country Vader! RIP. 

• Like 2